Some of My Best Friends

CBS (ended 2001)

Some of My Best Friends Fan Reviews (3)

6.7
  • Frankie, a struggling hetero Italian actor, unwittingly becomes a roommate to Warren, a gay writer, and they become TV's next odd couple.

Afer seeing the movie, "Kiss Me Guido", I was anxious to see this TV adaptation of it. Although the show wasn't quite as good as the movie (I mean Danny Nucci's cute, but he's no Nick Scotti), I think the show was actually very entertaining. However, I think the show went unnoticed by most people. I remember watching the first two episodes when the show originally aired and then it seemed the show just disappeared. Actually, CBS moved its timeslot around so much that I couldn't find it. So it was a joy to watch the episodes I missed being rerun on LOGO. I actually enjoyed this show and found it to be quite funny with some very humorous storyines and situations. I'm assuming it was yanked due to poor ratings, but I think it deserved a shot to survive based on its 7 episodes. Maybe if it had been given a chance, it could've gone on to become the next "Will and Grace."
  • A pretty funny comedy.

If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you.
  • Good comedy show

I hated to see this end. It may have been taken from a movie, but the good acting, and how they made you laugh was fantastic. The 2 main actors really knew how to play off one another and to make a scene work. They never stole a scene from one another and they made it work. I think if another network would have picked it up it would have went on for a while longer..