Sonic the Hedgehog Forums

ABC (ended 1994)

Sonic and the T-word

integracer2003

[1]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 3

Alright now I hate to get political but i just kinda noticed this in the opening of the show it shows Sonic and Sally breaking in to a factory and blowing it up. Hmm if that were to happen today what would it be called? Terrorism. Also the freedom fighters of the show in today's day and age would be called insurgents. Think about it.

Now before you start ripping me about hating the show or anything like that, know this, I loved this show. It is the best sonic show that has been made to date. And the Darker somewhat political overtones that were in this make it a classic. That being said what do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

soundmonkey44

[2]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    ...not really robotnik is more of a terrorist then I ever saw sonic as, ecspecially in the comics, considering he has been in total control of mobius in a while, Id say the FF's actions towards robotnik & his empire are more like war games (Really serious war games.)

Trance88

[3]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 8
    Yes Sonic SatAM does have political elements that could apply to this day and age. The show's political elements could really apply if George Bush took his corruption to even higher extremes.
    Edited on 07/11/2008 12:59pm
    Edited 3 total times.

soundmonkey44

[4]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    ....................................................OK, why must people always say things baout the president, listen I know not everyone likes Bush, but frankly i respect anyone that has the ability to put up with us these days lets face it as a soicety Ameicans have become a bunch of self-obsorbed, lack of commen sense sex & violence obbsesed brats. I'll be honset if I was president people would probably be comparing be to Dr. Doom or Plapatine, Heck i'd probably take it as a compliment.

WWinnieF

[5]Nov 19, 2008
    • level: 20
    Bush's administration was the administration to cause all the recent problems, so it is--in fact--Bush's fault moreso than it is the fault of the people. You really think we the people re-elected Bush after his failure of a first term? No way. The election was rigged by Republican congress and Bush's allies stuffing the ballot boxes.

JixHedgehog

[6]Jul 13, 2009
    • level: 3
    When you're the good guys the word "terrorism" = "politically motivated"

WWinnieF

[7]Jul 16, 2009
    JixHedgehog wrote:
    When you're the good guys the word "terrorism" = "politically motivated"
    Or not. There's a term for terrorism used by good guys. It is appropriately titled...Freedom Fighting.

pferreira86

[8]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 17
    Personally I think any terrorism by Sonic and the others was justified. I mean Robotnik was turning the innocent population of Moebius into robots. You can't really defend Robotnik there.

WWinnieF

[9]Aug 1, 2009
    pferreira86 wrote:
    Personally I think any terrorism by Sonic and the others was justified. I mean Robotnik was turning the innocent population of Moebius into robots. You can't really defend Robotnik there.
    Point taken, but the point must be made that anyone would try to justify their actions if they're questionable ethically.