Sonic the Hedgehog Forums

ABC (ended 1994)

Super Sonic is the worst episode ever!

Tkerekes13

[1]Jun 3, 2011
    • level: 28

Remember I'd do a thread explaining why I think that "Super Sonic" is the worst episode of the series? Well, now I've finally gotten to it. For starters, I hate Robotnik brainwashing Sally and Bunnie. But my mind point here is that this episode has a number of major inconsistencies. Here they are:

1. When Robotnik steals Lazar's computer and tries out the teleportation spell first, the first time he tries to teleport Sonic in doesn't work. Is it actually because of that forcefield that Lazar trapped Sonic in? If so, then does the inside of the forcefield have some sort of teleportation-proof energy within it?

2. When Sonic asks why Lazar took his speed, Lazar just replies "Evil I was, ignorant I wasn't." Are we supposed to believe that that was his actual reason? If not, then what do YOU think were his actual reason?

3. Are we actually supposed to believe Robotnik could only use the brainwashing spell on Sally and Bunnie if SWATbots were holding them? What, was there something in the SWATbots that connected them to Lazar's computer?

4. Why doesn't Sonic just run off before Robotnik told Sally and Bunnie to drag him to the roboticizer?

5. Now THIS one bugs me the most: when Sally and Bunnie are dragging Sonic to the roboticizer, Sonic spots Lazar's computer and breaks loose of their grip. Now why in the love of **** doesn't Sonic break loose of their grip BEFORE Sally and Bunnie drag him to the roboticizer instead of at the last second when Sonic spots Lazar's computer?! It doesn't make any sense at all!

6. How did Sonic know which button to press to free Sally and Bunnie from Robotnik's control? Lucky guess?

And that's all I have to say about this episode. And don't give me anything like "It's a cartoon, it doesn't have to make sense", 'cause I strongly believe that this episode shows a lack of effort on the writers' part to create a good plot. Now you're probably thinking "How is it all a complete lack of effort on their part?" or "How could you hate this episode because of Robotnik brainwashing Sally and Bunnie?" Well, I'll be glad to explain. First of all, they don't give away any explanation for the stuff that I've mentioned, nor do they come up with anything for the characters to question their confusing situations. They just throw in any random bit they can think of and act like it's no big deal. Second of all, aside from the reasons I've stated above about Sally and Bunnie being brainwashed, I really hate when they grab Sonic and I hate when they drag him over to the robotcizer and I ESPECIALLY hate when Sally says "Shut your mouth, hedgehog". I absolutely HATE that part!!!!!

So, um, any questions?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WWinnieF

[2]Jun 4, 2011
    • level: 20
    1. Lazar has protections around his lair to protect him from vandals who steal his technology. That's why Sonic was protected, he was in Lazar's lair at the time.

2. No. He was evil, but he was not ignorant enough to be gullible to the lies of others, so the comment fits.

3. No. Robotnik was just toying with the girls before mind-controlling them with the device, because whether they had run away or not, he could still have captured them as long as they were in range of the device's power. He just had the Swatbots hold the girls to keep them from trying to escape.

4. It's because he wants to break the girls free of Robotnik's control. Remember, Bunnie is the muscle of their little group and Sally--despite being his love interest--is the brains, so without them, the rest of the Freedom Fighters would stand no chance against Robotnik.

5. He doesn't break free at first, because them grabbing him took him by surprise, which stalled his reflexes, as he didn't expect a good friend and his love interest to be easily susceptible to Robotnik's treachery.

6. Yes. Sheer dumb luck.

7. Sally had no choice but to say something scathing to her boyfriend, because she was under Robotnik's control. If she were in her right mind, she wouldn't have said such a thing.

Tkerekes13

[3]Jun 4, 2011

WWinnieF wrote:
    1. Lazar has protections around his lair to protect him from vandals who steal his technology. That's why Sonic was protected, he was in Lazar's lair at the time. 2. No. He was evil, but he was not ignorant enough to be gullible to the lies of others, so the comment fits. 3. No. Robotnik was just toying with the girls before mind-controlling them with the device, because whether they had run away or not, he could still have captured them as long as they were in range of the device's power. He just had the Swatbots hold the girls to keep them from trying to escape. 4. It's because he wants to break the girls free of Robotnik's control. Remember, Bunnie is the muscle of their little group and Sally--despite being his love interest--is the brains, so without them, the rest of the Freedom Fighters would stand no chance against Robotnik. 5. He doesn't break free at first, because them grabbing him took him by surprise, which stalled his reflexes, as he didn't expect a good friend and his love interest to be easily susceptible to Robotnik's treachery. 6. Yes. Sheer dumb luck. 7. Sally had no choice but to say something scathing to her boyfriend, because she was under Robotnik's control. If she were in her right mind, she wouldn't have said such a thing.
    I'm sorry, but your explanations don't help at all. No offense.

And regarding your answer to number 3, I feel that the way Robotnik used the thing to brainwash Sally and Bunnie is completely illogical beyond a doubt.

Edited on 06/04/2011 8:28pm

WWinnieF

[4]Jul 9, 2011
    • level: 20
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

And regarding your answer to number 3, I feel that the way Robotnik used the thing to brainwash Sally and Bunnie is completely illogical beyond a doubt.

It's a kid's cartoon based on a talking hedgehog. You expect logic? Not everything has to make 100% sense, although this show has more plot, character development, and substance than both the comedy-centric AoStH and the musically-inclined SU.

Tkerekes13

[5]Aug 9, 2011

WWinnieF wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

It's a kid's cartoon based on a talking hedgehog. You expect logic? Not everything has to make 100% sense, although this show has more plot, character development, and substance than both the comedy-centric AoStH and the musically-inclined SU.
    Well, yeah, but still.