Remember I'd do a thread explaining why I think that "Super Sonic" is the worst episode of the series? Well, now I've finally gotten to it. For starters, I hate Robotnik brainwashing Sally and Bunnie. But my mind point here is that this episode has a number of major inconsistencies. Here they are:
1. When Robotnik steals Lazar's computer and tries out the teleportation spell first, the first time he tries to teleport Sonic in doesn't work. Is it actually because of that forcefield that Lazar trapped Sonic in? If so, then does the inside of the forcefield have some sort of teleportation-proof energy within it?
2. When Sonic asks why Lazar took his speed, Lazar just replies "Evil I was, ignorant I wasn't." Are we supposed to believe that that was his actual reason? If not, then what do YOU think were his actual reason?
3. Are we actually supposed to believe Robotnik could only use the brainwashing spell on Sally and Bunnie if SWATbots were holding them? What, was there something in the SWATbots that connected them to Lazar's computer?
4. Why doesn't Sonic just run off before Robotnik told Sally and Bunnie to drag him to the roboticizer?
5. Now THIS one bugs me the most: when Sally and Bunnie are dragging Sonic to the roboticizer, Sonic spots Lazar's computer and breaks loose of their grip. Now why in the love of **** doesn't Sonic break loose of their grip BEFORE Sally and Bunnie drag him to the roboticizer instead of at the last second when Sonic spots Lazar's computer?! It doesn't make any sense at all!
6. How did Sonic know which button to press to free Sally and Bunnie from Robotnik's control? Lucky guess?
And that's all I have to say about this episode. And don't give me anything like "It's a cartoon, it doesn't have to make sense", 'cause I strongly believe that this episode shows a lack of effort on the writers' part to create a good plot. Now you're probably thinking "How is it all a complete lack of effort on their part?" or "How could you hate this episode because of Robotnik brainwashing Sally and Bunnie?" Well, I'll be glad to explain. First of all, they don't give away any explanation for the stuff that I've mentioned, nor do they come up with anything for the characters to question their confusing situations. They just throw in any random bit they can think of and act like it's no big deal. Second of all, aside from the reasons I've stated above about Sally and Bunnie being brainwashed, I really hate when they grab Sonic and I hate when they drag him over to the robotcizer and I ESPECIALLY hate when Sally says "Shut your mouth, hedgehog". I absolutely HATE that part!!!!!
So, um, any questions?