Sonic Underground

Three Hedgehogs and a Baby

Aired Weekdays 6:00 AM Jan 02, 2004 on Syfy

• This is a cute story. I like it.

Poor Manic! What creeps me out is that Manic has "motherly instincts". What I get mad about is that Robotnic would stoop that low. I think that Robotnic deserves to be kicked in the face for that. And hard, too. Manic was so close to that baby. It must have been hard for him to learn that it was an android. Poor Manic (again!!!) Sonic and Sonia should help Manic get revenge on Robotnic for doing such a horrible thing. Sham on him!!! Then again, you can't blame Robotnic. He was evil from the start! Just imagine: Manic's face after learning the truth about the baby. Hmph!
  • A very cute episode!

This is one of my favorite episodes of SU! It's cute how Manic learns to love kids and stuff. There where also funny parts in this episode like where Sonic finds out that Manic Man is loving the fake baby and says "Where's the real Manic!?", the part where they have to change it's diaper and parts about Dingo being the basket. The song in this episode is cute too! It's about how kids are cool! It was pretty sad when Manic tried to save the baby from falling then it turned out that it was a fake but the ending was pretty cute. Manic tought other kids how to be like him and it's kind of funny how the place at the end of the episode looks alot like Knothole from 'Sonic the Hedgehog' (AKA SatAM) and the Archie Sonic comics.
  • "He cried, I fed him, he cried, I burped him, then I cried, we ralphed on my bed." -Manic The Hedgehog

This was the first episode of Sonic Underground I saw and it is currently my favorite. The plot for this episode is that Sonic, Manic, & Sonia find an abandoned baby hedgehog (who closely resembles Baby Sonic) in an alley and while Sonic and Sonia try to find his parents, Manic is left to take care of him. At first Manic does not like taking care of the baby, but later on, he becomes motherly, and renames the baby "Hip Hedgehog." With no luck finding his parents, Manic is left to take him to a sanctuary. Unknown to the three hedgehogs, the baby is an android that Dr. Eggman built that will self-destruct as soon as he reaches the sanctuary. The three hedgehogs are shocked when they find out about this, especially Manic, who doesn't find out until the baby self-destructs (thankfully outside the sanctuary).

This episode is very heartwarming to me, and of course, Manic's sense of humor is what really cracks me up. I highly recommend that SU fans should watch this episode.