Sonic X

FOX (ended 2006)

SrRui

Sonic X Fan Reviews (198)

• Worst TV show ever!

Sonic X is not bad, but it's horrible! Everything is so horrible, stupid, and boring, that nothing is good about this show. Not even one is good about this show. They have the worst voice acting in TV show history. Sonic sounds like a 20 years old on drugs. Tails sounds like a Girl that has a cold. Knuckles sounds like he a uncontrollable attitude. Amy Rose sounds like she whines all the time. Dr. Eggman sounds like a old man that smokes and drinks beer. Cream sounds like she's quiet and calm. Rouge sounds like a 40 year old woman and sexy. Shadow sounds like He's part of a motorcycle gang. Every other voice in this show (including Chris, Cheese, and Cosmo) are weird and annoying. The characters it's self are stupid and boring. For instance, Why does Amy Rose obsess about Sonic all the time? Also, why is Amy Rose angry? And why can't Cosmo tell anybody but Sonic? It awful and stupid! Yea I know I'm using stupid a lot but that's what this show is! There's way too many errors in this show. The artwork is either too bright or too dark. The main plot is awkward and stupid. In seasons 1 and 2, Sonic and his friends gets transported to earth. And in season 3 Sonic and his friends must save the egg from dark oak or Sonic and his friends will die. Both plots are stupid and make no sense. Sonic should just be in Mobius for the whole show! The Tornado X is not interesting. The designs are Horrible. Why are Sonic legs are so long? Nearly every character's eyes are huge. Which is a common problem with Sonic. The theme song is annoying and it is the worst song ever in music history. The quotes are boring. The jokes are boring. Some of the scenes don't follow any science law (including the laws of physics and newtons laws). All of the scenes are stupid. For instance, Why did Amy Rose cry over a broken bracelet?It's just a bracelet! Why does Dr. Eggman put a card into the slot just for the machine to pick the robot for him? He can invent a robot! Why does Tails need a plane? He can fly! Why does Knuckles believe Dr. Eggman and went against Sonic? Dr. Eggman is a villain! And why did Dr. Eggman join the good side? He is a villain, not a good guy! Dr. Eggman in this show, he is the stupidest villain in villain history. There are too many main characters. The background music is boring. Sometimes the sound FX are inappropriate. The settings makes no sense. The tarps are stupid. In one episode were Amy Rose, Cream, Cheese, and Cosmo gets trapped in a cage. And Amy uses her hammer to get out. Why can't Amy and her friends just break the wooden cage with their fists? It's also weird how they got some scenes form his video games. The end Credits are the worse credits In end credits history. It has that same annoying Theme song. And 2 it's so fast that you can't read anything. The main problem with this show that it is an Anime. The Japanese version is no better than English version. Whoever came up with this show, is a idiot. 4kids should had not take and edit this show because that's where this show gets even worse. If this show was made, at least keep this show in Japan. The universe would be better if this show was not made. Thank god this show got canceled. I think 78 episodes is enough for one awkward show. 8.4 are you kidding me? More like a 3.4! I can't even stand a second of this disgraceful show. I would rather watch Fred, or the Annoying Orange than this incoherent show! Do your self a favor and do not watch this show unless you want to be stupid. I repeat, Do not watch this show! Avoid it at all costs! Not even a peek. Even if you are a huge Sonic fan and you have to see everything, do not watch this show! If you agree with my review, then you are awesome. If you disagree with my review than you are not encouraging. rating 0/100 extremely horrible.
  • It just does`nt add up at times

The plots and characters in the tv show began to feel likable. However, the lack of reality really boggles the mind. For example, when Sonics friends went to the Whitehouse to have a meal with the president, the reports left when they noticed Sonic was not there, even when other forms of intergalactic life were. That`s one example for how the show has no common scence or scence of reailty. Another is how the government seems to stall with investigating the "guests" the boy has at his house. Sonic is rarly the center star of the show, despite its name. He is too brash and egoistic to even relate to. Plus, Dr. Eggman was a villian yet at times he helped Sonic. A real villian would have not helped his biggest foe but the villanous doctor almost promoted himself to anti-hero. It might have been more exciting if the animals were actually aware of the danger of being publicly exposed and tried harder to remain hidden from the media and such, but sadly, they are stupid about this, except mabye Knuckles. The show seems to lack any creative sociology all the way to the very end which makes it feel less compelling than it would be if this was reality. All I can say is, Sonic X clearly set the hedgehog down a few notches.
  • Awesome show!

I remember when this show first came out when I was 14, and it was really exciting for me. I'm now 25 years old and recently I came back to watch it again, and it's still really good. Just a warning though: The beginning will annoy you at first and seem very childish, but as you watch it and get to the 2nd season and beyond, it starts to get REALLY good and in-depth. The only odd part is that the last portion of the series sort of abruptly goes in a really different direction with the Meterex thing. There's really no grand introduction of the army or anything-- it just sorta happens. Lol. I was confused at first, because I thought I skipped a bunch of episodes. It's still really awesome though, and it gets very dark at times.

Only thing though, is I recommend the Japanese version over the US version... The US voices could irritate some people. >
  • Sonic x Amy or Sonic x Sally??

Isn`t Sonic and Sally togheter?

And if they are dosen`t Amy know that?
  • Horrible. The only thing good about it is Amy. She's hot. But besides that this show sucks ASS. Hey, I'm the 200th reveiwer! :D

This show is HORRIBLE. The only thing good about it is that hot Amy. But not even that's enough to save this show from getting a 0.0. However Amy has always been hot, so who cares? And why in HELL is sonic a rich kid's pet? And all the characters sound drunk. I suggest they should stop going to strip clubs. Amy is the only like-able character on the show, and that's only because of her hotness. Not her personality. But otherwise, this show sucks. So glad it ended. 0/10. F- all the way. Except for that hot Amy though.
  • um... fun?

2.5
    this show used to be one of my guilty pleasures, now i feel guilty for even enjoying it in the first place. the synopsis is that Sonic and Co. get sent into the real world and Eggman wants to take over. The plot is simple, but okay. But where this show stank of shit came from the worst characters in existence. I'll name off the characters that piss me off and my reason for hating them:

Chris: obnoxious. thats about it.

Chris' family AKA the Thorndykes: lets just say i'd actually rather get stabbed by a dyke with a thorn than enjoy this morons.

Amy: annoying, mostly pointless, WHY DOES SHE EXIST?!

Cream: again, mostly pointless.

Those Scratch and Grounder wannabes: unfunny, lame, obnoxious, pointless. Scratch and Grounder were more funnier than these craps.

AND THE REST!!!

There. the main problem with the show is the characters and most of them are stupid. I said everyone else sucks BECAUSE THE REST OF THE CHARACTERS ARE ANNOYING!! Thanks for read- ANNOYING!!

-trollskullkid6- ANNOYING!!
  • An interesting turn for the Blue blur

Needless, I actually enjoy this series; but before you all like or dislike this I would like you to hear all the sides of my story.

This was the first anime I had ever watched (when I was six) so I am strongly attached to it. Though after watching it recently, I have noticed some things that made almost no sense, and were just put there for more money and rating. To get to my point, I don't believe they needed to create whole entire third season at all. The story line was almost completely corrupt when they all had to go into space. Now, from analyzing the original idea for the story; all they wanted to do was get the gang back home and they selfishly went on and corrupted it just because they could make more money.

With that being said, the show is just on everyone's opinion and taste. Also, (Primarily the third season) the series was meant for kids unlike the Sonic SatAM. Although the original sonic series was not geared towards an older group at all, it appealed to more young adults unlike sonic x due to the humor and innuendoes. Now, onto the characters:

Sonic the hedgehog: Still that little speed demon always trying to get rid of evil in the world; though the series didn't quite get his character right. If I recall right, Sonic doesn't seem to be all bad boy the way he used to be around Sally. Also, quite lazy at times, such as rather relaxing: which was never mentioned in the original series.

Amy Rose: I'd much rather not go there but She hasn't changed a bit from the games. After Sonic with all her heart and always making him feel uncomfortable. The one thing that killed the ratings of this series was the whole SonAmy incident. I honestly didn't mind this because I admired the pink character's determination. It's just I'm with Sonic on this one; just get off of his back, give him some privacy!

Miles "Tails" Prower: In all honesty, the just almost got rid of him. Sure, he was there a lot throughout the series to guide and help Sonic, but he just is not the old Tails. First off, in the original series, Tails I believe was younger than eight though I may be wrong. How can a kid be that intelligent in engineering? I personally enjoyed the little Tails who was quite shy and there at times for comic relief; Not that nerdy hardly noticeable character.

Knuckles: Probably one of the greatest characters ever! Although I am the exact opposite of knuckles, he's the one character that kept the series going. His voice actually suited him perfectly and the actor wasn't as bad as most of the others. He maybe hotheaded and short tempered; but this character was not changed unlike most.

Cream and Cheese: Aren't they the most adorable characters ever! As a child, they were defiantly my favorite due to the fact that they are the cutest and at times, the smartest characters ever! But please, if you say anything bad about them well I guess I'll have to call knuckles to go punch someone.

The rest I think can just be described as well, not well enough for a review. I'm not going to go anywhere with Chris or his family/friends. I would love to do Eggman, Shadow, and Rouge; but just one of them would take forever for me to explain. I would say, although he didn't appear too often, Shadow is still on my all-time favorite characters list.

To sum this up, I believe Sonic X had an amazing animation and especially for its time. The plot was indeed interesting though I think 4kids had a rough time pulling through with it. In all, the series was not a complete waste of time, the Japanese version was indeed a little better than the English though that's as much I will say about that. I believe the series would have been a hit if they just got the basic characterization right. The plot was very interesting but without the right personalities for the characters it just fell apart. One more thing I will say before I leave is that, has anyone noticed that those who would rate this ten out of ten have not really seen the original Sonic SatAM? I mean if anything, this deserves a better rating than Sonic underground but it still cannot top the original sonic.

• This made sonic go downhill and into the crap pile!

1.5
    This sonic show is so stupid. It ruined the fanbase with sonamy fans. And everyone knows chris thorndyke is the stupid boy who ruined part of the show! Tails can't even hangout with sonic anymore!! 4kids also censored everything to death! They censored the cussing, phone screens, billboards, tvs, signals,and even the word hello! Seriously 4kids? (4$#!T$) Also, Tails has an crush on an FLOWER!
  • I blame this for ruining the Sonic fandom.

If this abomination wasn't made, Sonic wouldn't suck and be so overrated. I love Sonic SATAM, and AOSTH, but I hardly see any fanart for it and it only has this crappy show as it's first results. And I hate Cosmo the seedrian, I'm glad she's dead, she's nothing but a stupid overrated Mary-Sue. The BIGGEST problem is Chris Thorndyke. He practically kicked Tails off Sonic's best friend list. Also, Amy Rose is too annoying in this show. She's a crazy fangirl. Stop hating on Sally Acorn, she's awesome.

The voicing is awful. They definatley don't suit the characters. I love Cream the Rabbit, however her English voice annoys me to death. Also, Robotnik is better than Eggman. This show is not as great as it was at the first seen some episodes and they were ok, but then it got worse, especially when that stupid seedrian came. The main problem with this show that it is an Anime. The Japanese version is no better than English version. Whoever came up with this show, is a idiot. 4kids should had not take and edit this show because that's where this show gets even worse. If this show was made, at least keep this show in Japan. The universe would had been much better if this show was NOT made. Thank god this show got cancelled. It caused all the perversion, and those crappy Sonic recolours. I may look like a nostalgiatard, but I love all classic Sonic shows like AOSTH AND SONIC SATAM.
  • Sounds like a good idea on paper

Sonic the hedgehog is an iconic character in the gaming industry. The only character to rival and almost single-handly destroy the Italian plumber. He is a personal experience of mine that introduced me to the medium of gaming. But, it sickens me how much shit gets shoveled in his face for even the mighty have fallen. Time for MMC to run down what he hates and likes about Sonic X.

Plot: the "ongoing" plot revolves around this. We view sonic in his own world thwarting the evil Robotnik's plans once again. Sonic and Co. are then transported to Earth (i'm going to infer they were in Mobuis) were they were sonic meets Chris Thorndyke after he saves him from drowning. That's pretty much it because the other half of the first season focuses on screwing up Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic Adventure 2 and a little bit of Sonic Battle. Probably the best season is three because it does better on characters and it's the last season before it was cancelled(LOLZ)

Characters: The BIGGEST problem with this show is the way the characters are portrayed. 4Kids tried way too hard to amplify the personality of these characters as their video game failed.

-Sonic seems like a cocky pretty boy and his jock-like personality really grinds my gears to the rust. Not to mention that he's there for the sake of name, 5 minutes for the beginning of the show and he shows up 5 minutes before the end of the show to destroy whatever the Eggman has cooked up in his "brillant

-Tails contributes barely anything anymore. He's just there to pilot one of the many contraptions of his creation.

-Amy is still as you would ANNOYING FANGIRL. Like in the games, she's only here for fan service and to get in the way of other important characters.

-Knuckles may be the only character that I can tolerate. Sure he's an idiot but they didn't mess his personality up too bad. The biggest offender is his voice actor because the man sounds like he swallowed a brick while diganosed with throat cancer.

-Rouge seems like a good character but has two fatal Flaws her breast size and her voice actor. They really need to tone the size down and her voice sounds like a drag queen who's past her time.

-lastly Shadow I can't say much about him due to the fact that he only appeared briefly during the SA2 ark and left but he still was as coll as ever I suppose.

Last words: I honestly tried to like this show due to me being a fan of Sonic. No matter what the cost there are a lot of things you just can't ignore. One of my biggest gripes and this is with anime in general, is that when it gets shipped to an western audience things get cut out. I watched the japanese version of this show and I thought it was marginly better than the American version but even that's not saying much. All in all I'll be generous and give it at least a 5.

• SEGA should have pulled the plug on this show after the first season.

Sonic SatAM and Sonic Underground are some of the best shows based on a game. They had creative stories, lovable characters, and was dark and appealed to all. So when I heard of another Sonic show, I was hyped, but only to be disappointed. The first problem is the dub for this anime. Somebody is given the rights to do an English dub for a Sonic anime. Why in the world does it have to be 4Kids? You know you are in for one bad show when you see their logo of evil. The show is about Sonic, Tails, Eggman, and so many more characters from the game being teleported to Earth after an accident occurred at Eggman's lab in Mobius due to the Chaos Emeralds. Sonic and his friends meet Chris Thorndyke, a young boy who keeps them around his house, and they must find a way home. The premise may sound boring, but most shows can turn boring ideas into great ones, but that's not the case for this show. I hated the voice acting for this show entirely. Sonic never shows any real emotion or acts like it. Tails sounds like a little girl. Chris has a high and annoying voice. Amy Rose's voice is screeching and very annoying. Eggman sounds like a little kid who is whining all the time. The artwork is good looking though. I liked the robot designs, and some of the things shown on Earth looked amazing, if not inspired. The animation is OK, but it can get a bit repetitive sometimes. I also hated how some of the characters acted. Sonic was WAY too smug and cocky and never really did anything when the show began. Tails was never really in this show. Chris was too clingy. Chris' grandfather was a Doc Brown wannabe. Eggman was a complete disgrace and was not interesting in the least bit. How could they have gone from the awesomeness of Robotnik in the Sonic SatAM show to this mockery? I think they were trying to go for the Robotnik of AoSTH, but they made that version look like the SatAM version. Knuckles also annoys me. He was always grouchy and was so gullible. In one episode Eggman tricked him into fighting Sonic after saying he wants to destroy the Master Emerald. It makes no sense considering he knew Eggman was evil. Not even Shadow and Rouge, two of my favorite game characters, could save this. Rouge was decent, but she was barely in it and sounded like an old lady. Shadow was not the same awesome character as before and didn't sound cool at all. The only good characters on this show were Cream and Cheese because they were adorable and very cute and had more screen time than any character and more development. The stories are also really bland and most of them, like the rematch of Sonic vs the world's fastest car, were fillers. The show tried to also bring in some elements from Sonic Adventure 2, but they got them wrong as well. Knuckles never fought King Boom Boom, and Sonic gave Shadow's ring to Chris instead of Rouge. The humor is very corny and is very stupid. Not once did I laugh or even have a little chuckle. I also hated how many pointless humans were added to this show. A lot of them never contributed anything to the show, and were useless. In the end, this could have been another good Sonic cartoon, but thanks to 4Kids they ruined it and tarnished the name of Sonic. I have heard that the Japanese version is better, but I haven't seen it though. It would have been better off not being aired, and SEGA should never have given the rights of this show to 4Kids. Pass up this flop, and see the other Sonic cartoons instead.
  • SIGH...

As much as i love sonic, this show is terrible. The thing that got me pissed is Tails likeing this plant thing named cosmo. 1.Isn't that like, a guys name? 2.Tails u should grab a hedge clipper and clip her 2 bits.
  • Stop trying to replace Pokemon.

3.5
    This show is not as great as it was at the start.I first seen some episodes and they were ok but when cosmo came everything changed.First of all Sonic is a not so bad character but is 1 dimensional,Tails is so bossy,acts like a brat and is addicted to that Cosmo,Amy acts like a spoiled brat,Knuckles is horrifying and annoying,Shadow is just the same as Sonic,Chris is the worst of them all,the only character who I still get is cream and cheese.End this.
  • I know it's not like the original sonic but this show is awesome

the characters in this show sound like themselves from sonic 06 and I like their voices from sonic 06 and I like how they added Chris and his friends and family they're awesome and I ecspecially like how chris's uncle Sam always tries to beat sonic and how he always loses and I also like how they did the stories of sonic adventure 1 and sonic adventure 2 that's what I really like and another thing I like is the metarex saga I really liked that season it was good.
  • Is Sonic X a Sonic show we all Sonic fans wanted?

Sonic X has it's ups and downs. Manly LOTS downs. Sonic hits chaos control and randomly lands into a city. That's kinda nice to start it up, but then he meets Chris...WTF!!! Sonic meeting humans other than Eggman ruined the show! Now Sonic and Chris, NOT TAILS, are like best friends! Actually Sonic is like his pet; that's not good at all...Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 stories are also in this show which kinda makes the show less terrible. I can see how they tried to start it with Adventure 1 where he gets sent into a random city..But it doesn't really follow up with the stories from the games.Then this show has bad dubbing and edits. 4Kids is the company that ruined the show as well! Their stupid edits and awful dubbing is crap! The voice actors are okay I guess.. Hey 4Kids just make it similar to the Japanese ORIGINAL, Don't mess up the show and make it more kid friendly but of course they did...The animation is okay, there were a some noticeable errors in character designs in each episode. For example Sonic's buckle on his shoe would be on the wrong side of his shoe....But this show isn't that terrible. It's still watchable. You can probably watch a few episodes then stop...I'd only recommend this show to younger audiences who barely know about Sonic and a good anime. I can see 4Kids wanted to make the English version a little bit less violent than the original Japanese. Which is a bad thing. Now this is what I want in a new Sonic anime! The characters from Sonic Generations and Colors like Blaze, Silver, Espio, Orbot, Cubot, so on should make an appearance. Even better just make add Sonic Colors, Free Riders, and Generations stories into the series, that'd be kinda cool! And use the current Sonic voice actors in it. Also pack it up with lots of action, stuff from the games, and great animation! Now that's entertainment, well to me...
  • fine tv show

it good but get rid of that DAMN KID CHRISTOPHER hes just a annoying stupid little brat and in that episode where shadow punched chris HE DESERVED THAT AS PUNISHMENT FOR BEING A GIANT BABY BRAT thats right christopher...dont mess with shadow the hedgehog............im just not happy cause well...CHRISTOPHER IS THE REASON IS YOU CHRISTOPHER IM TIRED OF YOUR WHINING... oh wait YOUR SHOW GOT CANCELLED SO YEP CHRISTOPHER YOU SUCKKKKKK also check out my profile im fine on there
  • Worst TV Show ever!

Sonic X is not bad, but it's horrible! Everything is so horrible, stupid, and boring, that nothing is good about this show. Not even one thing is good about this show. They have the worst voice acting in TV show history. Sonic sounds like a 20 years old on drugs. Tails sounds like a Girl that has a cold. Knuckles sounds like he a uncontrollable attitude. Amy Rose sounds like she whines all the time. Dr. Eggman sounds like a old man that smokes and drinks beer. Cream sounds like she's quiet and calm. Rouge sounds like a 40 year old woman and sexy. Shadow sounds like He's part of a motorcycle gang. Every other voice in this show (including Chris, Cheese, and Cosmo) are wired and annoying. The characters it's self are stupid and boring. For instance, Why does Amy Rose obsess about Sonic all the time? Also, why is Amy Rose angry? And why can't Cosmo tell anybody but Sonic? It awful and stupid! Yea I know I'm using stupid a lot but that's what this show is! There's way too many errors in this show. The artwork is either too bright or too dark. The main plot is awkward and stupid. In seasons 1 and 2, Sonic and his friends gets transported to earth. And in season 3 Sonic and his friends must save the egg from dark oak or Sonic and his friends will die. Both plots are stupid and make no sense. Sonic should just be in Mobius for the whole show! The Tornado X is not interesting. The designs are Horrible. Why are Sonic legs are so long? Nearly every character's eyes are huge. Which is a common problem with Sonic. The theme song is annoying and it is the worst song ever in music history. The quotes are boring. The jokes are boring. Some of the senses don't follow any science law (including the laws of physics and newtons laws). All of the senses are stupid. For instance, Why did Amy Rose cry over a broken bracelet?It's just a bracelet! Why does Dr. Eggman put a card into the slot just for the machine to pick the robot for him? He can invent a robot! Why does Tails need a plane? He can fly! Why does Knuckles believe Dr. Eggman and went against Sonic? Dr. Eggman is a villain! And why did Dr. Eggman join the good side? He is a villain, not a good guy! Dr. Eggman in this show, he is the stupidest villain in villain history. There are too many main characters. The background music is boring. sometimes the sound Fx are inappropriate. The settings makes no sense. The tarps are stupid. In one episode were Amy Rose, Cream, Cheese, and Cosmo gets trapped in a cage. And Amy uses her hammer to get out. Why can't Amy and her friends just slide out though the bars? It's also weird how they got some senses form his video games. The end Credits are the worse credits In end credits history. It has that same annoying Theme song. And 2 it's so fast that you can't read anything. The main problem with this show that it is an Anime. The Japanese version is no better than English version. Whoever came up with this show, is a idiot. 4kids should had not take and edit this show because that's where this show gets even worse. If this show was made, at least keep this show in Japan. The universe would had been much better if this show was NOT made. Thank god this show got canceled. I think 78 episodes is enough for one awkward show .8.4 are you kidding me? More like a 3.4! If you give it a 6.0 or above, then you are stupid. If you give a 5.0 or 5.5 than you half awesome and half stupid. If you give it a 4.5 or below than you are awesome. Do your self a favor and do not watch this show unless you want to be stupid. I repeat, Do not watch this show! Even if you are a huge Sonic fan and you have to see everything, do not watch this show! If you agree with my review, then you are awesome. If you disagree with my review than you are stupid. rating 0/10 extremely horrible. (Tv. com does not aloud 0 so give it a 1)
  • A perfect example on how to ruin Sonic's reputation

Let me just say that for the record,I am not interested in Sonic. I don't hate him,I'm just not into his games. However,this show should've never been made,and in my opinion,this is where the downfall of Sonic started. The show is about Sonic and the others,who get stranded on Earth after an explosion. As they try to find their way home,they meet Chris Thorndyke,a human who befriends them. Now,this would've been a great show,if it weren't for those idiotic humans. I mean,the humans that were added to this show are all bland,and are just as bland as they are in the Sonic 06 game. They do not belong in the Sonic universe at all. But not only the humans are bland,the characters are too. Sonic is just stereotypical,Tails is still smart,but his voice makes him sound like a girl,Knuckles is just gullible (since he believed Eggman in one episode,and went against Sonic),Amy could be funny,but just like Tails,she has an annoying voice. Rouge seems like a good character,but is only there for her cleavage to be stared at. As for Shadow,I haven't seen much of him,so no comment. Then we get introduced to the worse Sonic character of all time:Chris Thorndyke. Why is he even in this show? Or to make the question better,why was he even made? He is just an annoying little kid who is bland on so many levels,acts like a pussy at times,is too obsessed with Sonic to the point of where it gets a bit scary and has a grandpa who supposed to be like some Doc Brown wannabe. Dr Eggman is also not a good villain. He was great in Sonic Satam,but now,he is just stupid,and has an annoying voice. The only good character is Cream the rabbit,who seems much cuter in this show,and hasn't changed. The plot is just recycled. It's just Sonic trying to beat Eggman,while trying to steal the Chaos Emerald,while Chris is there to make you facepalm. The show also has cheesy humor. And is not funny at all. The only thing I find cool about this show is the theme song,but overall,the show is bland,stupid,not funny,and is nothing like the Sonic series
  • This alters Sonic's name

1.5
    Sonic the Hedgehog has got to be one of the greatest video game characters ever to be made and is up there with Mario. He even got some shows on TV. However,4Kids decided to get this Japanese Anime on the air,and dubbed it so badly that it's just like Kidz Bop changing their lyrics in the songs they're singing. This show is about Sonic getting stranded on Earth because of an machine by Dr Eggman's base. However,a boy named Chris befriends him and Sonic tries to get back home. It sounds great,however,the show gets ruined by the fact that there are so many humans in this show. I'm am dead serious,there are actually humans helping Sonic in this show. Are you serious? Humans in Sonic. That doesn't sound right. Humans in Sonic. The only human that should be in there is Dr Eggman. It would be like having a unicorn in Call of Duty. They even tried having Sonic communicate with humans in the 2006 game,and look what reception that game got. It doesn't fit out. But that's not the only problem of the show. There are so many more problems that the Problem Solverz could not solve. The characters have terrible voices and don't act like their normal selves. Sonic is OK in the show,Tails is annoying and sounds like a girl,Knuckles is now a jerk,Rouge sounds like she's in her 40's and Dr Eggman sounds like a old man on drugs. Chris is the worst though. He's an annoying little boy,looks like Sora from Kingdom Hearts and despite the fact he's a teenager,he should grow up. (He even tried to get Dr Eggman to stop destroying the city by apologizing for throwing the Chaos Emeralds. What a moron). His grandpa is annoying and is a Doc Brown from Back to the Future wannabe. I did,however,like the theme song. I thought it was awesome. In my opinion,this shouldn't have been picked up by 4Kids. Because they ruined it. It's a disgrace to the video games,the other tv shows and other Sonic stuff. I would rather play Shadow the Hedgehog than watch this. But now,it's ended. Thank you,4Kids,now take this off the air. It's just a disgrace to Sonic fans.
  • A disgrace to Sonic SatAM, a dicgrace to animation, a disgrace to Sega, a disgrace to the Sonic comics, a disgrace to the Sonic games, A DISGRACE TO THE WHOLE SONIC THE HEDGEHOG FRANCHISE, AND A SHOW SURE TO MAKE THE SMART SONIC FANS ANGRY!!!

Sonic X.... Where do I begin on how awful this show is?
    Okay I'll start off by saying I am a huge Sonic fan. I love the Genesis Sonic games, and Sonic SatAM is one of my favorite cartoons of all time. So I don't like to see people mess with Sonic. Well, producers of Sonic X you guys did more than mess Sonic up, you ripped his head off, pulled his brains out, and burned his remains!!! Then put a new "kid-friendly" brain in the remaining head and placed it on a new body. Then you paired him up with a whiny, twelve-year-old boy, who acts more like a 4-year-old. And cries whenever Sonic goes somewhere without him, and completely steels the spotlight. Chris Thorndyke you are a MONSTER!! Why does this show have a good rating on this site? 8.5?!?!? COME ON! More like a 3.5, or a 2.5. [sigh].... It's probably a bunch of little kids who've never been exposed to the true Sonic. Luckily there are some negative reviews, but there deserves to be more, and right here's a new one. Go ahead crazy Sonic X fanboys, GIVE ME A THUMBS DOWN. SEE IF I CARE! That just shows me how stupid you really are. Highly not reccomended, especially for the smart Sonic fans. One of the worst cartoons in history. This show is awful, don't watch it unless you want your eyes to melt, and your ears to burn off from the annoying theme song, and horrid voice acting.

My Rating: It would be a -10, but I can't do that so 1.0 out of 10.
  • Cartoon King's review of Sonic X.

Sonic X is the fourth and so far last animated TV show based on the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series by SEGA. It premiered on FOX in 2003. It is the first Sonic cartoon to not have Jaleel White voice Sonic and it is the first to not be produced by DiC Entertainment. It is also the first one to be an anime instead of an american animated series. And I'll start the review off by saying this show is awful. It is one of the worst cartoon shows I've ever seen. It's full of bad things and has no good things. Here are some of the bad things:

1.Amy Rose is even more annoying in this show than she is in the games.

2.I really hate Sonic's new design. His legs are really long, his head isn't shaped like a circle anymore, and his whole body just looks way too long and lanky.

3.The voice acting is terrible. Jaleel White was great as Sonic's voice in the DiC cartoons, Ryan Drummond didn't do that bad in the games either, but Jason Griffith has no emotion at all and is just a bad voice actor. Tails sounds like a little girl, Robotnik doesn't sound evil at all, Knuckles sounds like he's mad twenty-four/seven, and Rouge sounds like she's eighty-years-old.

4.The idea of Sonic being a rich kid's pet is stupid.

5.Like Dr. Robotnik being named Dr. Eggman wasn't stupid enough in the recent games. He's also an even worse villain in this show than he is in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

6.Not only are Amy Rose and Chris Thorndyke annoying but so is almost every other character in this show.

7.The theme song is very annoying too. Gotta go fast, gotta go fast, gotta go faster, faster, faster, faster, faster. It makes me want to punch a hole through the TV.

8.Sonic should still be in Mobius not Earth.

9.Tails is barely in it at all.

10.The show has way too many canonical errors with the games. For example: -in the ending of Sonic Adventure 2, when Shadow died Sonic gave the ring that Shadow wore on his wrist to Rouge. In this show he gave it to Chris.
    -In Sonic Adventure 2, Knuckles fought King Boom Boo. In Sonic X Sonic and Chris fought him.
    -In Sonic Adventure, Super Sonic fought Perfect Chaos by flying into his brain. In this show Super Sonic touched chaos's arm and he died instantly.

The show is just horrible in almost every way possible. It's such a horrible show it makes Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog look like a masterpiece.

RATING: 2.2/10 (Really Bad)
  • Hooboy, of all the Sonic shows, this one was bottom of the barrel. Why? Because no other show went out of its way to make Sonic and his pals look like a complete bunch of idiots. Here's a few examples, along with a few redeeming factors

3.5
    Good things about Sonic X

1. The X-Tornado. When I first saw pictures of this jet, I was immediately impressed. This aircraft has everything you could want, looks, speed and power. One of the few bright spots of Sonic X

2. The creation of Cream and Vanilla. Now while these characters aren't outstanding, they are interesting to say the least. They did well as part of the supporting cast. And hey, who doesn't think Cream is absolutely adorable? 3. The art. Yes, of all the Sonic shows, this one had the best art hands down. The backgrounds and characters were drawn colorful and well made. Too bad 4Kids didn't get good writers as well.

Now the bad things

1. Decoe and Bocoe. Anyone with a brain can see this is Sonic X's version of Scratch and Grounder. Although, there is one big difference. They aren't funny! If anything, they're annoying and lame. I mean, if you're gonna give Eggman assistants, couldn't they have at least been a bit more original?

2. Sonic and Amy's relationship. Yea, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but so what? As far as I'm concerned, this is the show that started the phenomenon known as Sonamy. While the Sonic games kept their relationship in check, this show decided to throw a huge curve ball and make it look Sonic has feelings for her. Even Sega supposedly confirms this. Sorry, I don't buy it. They say he's too shy to tell her his true feelings. Baloney! How dumb of an excuse is that? Oh, the girl who obsesses over you, tries day and night to get a date and kiss you every chance she gets, and he can't say those 3 little words I love you due to being shy? That makes no sense whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I don't entirely hate the idea of Sonic being with Amy, but its best how Sonic Adventure pictured it. She fawns over him, and he runs away. It's classic and funny. 3. Sonic and his friends being in a human world. This was one of the dumbest things ever. Yes, I know they were basing it off of Sonic Adventure, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad idea. There was no point in Sonic being in a world with humans. He's supposed to be on Mobius defending it against Robotnik. And finally, the horrible things about Sonic X

1. The excessive human characters in the background. Sonic Adventure at least kept the human contact to a minimum. But this, what a disaster 4Kids made. I mean, did Sonic really need a chaperon, a cook and an inventor who's nothing more than a humanized version of Uncle Chuck? This of course is one thing 4Kids was famous for, putting worthless human characters with the star ones. Yea, real nice touch. 2. The portrayal of Dr. Eggman. Talk about a contrast from Satam. This villain was a complete joke. He wasn't the least bit scary or intimidating. But, I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on him. After all, this was 4Kids's concept. I guess they thought kids are too dumb and naive to know the difference between a quality villain and a lame one. The joke's on 4Kids though, since its blatantly obvious. I mean, he just sounds like a child throwing a temper tantrum. Even the Sonic Adventure Eggman voice actor was better.

3. The characters Chris Thorndyke and Bokkun.

These 2 in my opinion are at near the bottom of the barrel, if not near the bottom. Why? Because these 2 didn't bring anything fresh and interesting to the show. If anything, they were totally annoying and obnoxious. Let's start with Chris. Did Sonic really need a human companion who's a little too much obsessed with him? I guess they took a page from Sonic OVA with Sera. While Sera's obsession with Sonic was weird, Chris' was just downright creepy. I mean really, what was the point in this? Are they trying to imply Chris has a thing for anthromorphic animals? I shudder at the thought of that. And now Bokkun. Words cannot begin to describe how bad this character was. Think about it, what did Bokkun mostly do during the show? Give people surprise bomb packages. PATHETIC! Whoever thought of this character should be sent to a doctor to test if he was mentally insane. What were they thinking? Did Eggman really need a messenger to give him his messages from a TV and then explode? If he was going to do that, he should have done it right and made a bomb capable of destroying a huge building. But no, they had to water it down so it was quote, kid friendly. There's not enough face palms to show my disgust for this.

Bottom line, this show was for the most part a total joke, a complete waste of ink and sound. But I put most of the blame on 4Kids. They are the kings of video game character butchers. Instead of making the show exciting, epic and funny, they instead made it lame, pathetic and boring. Thank you 4Kids, you really produced quite a Sonic show.
  • A really awesome anime that I just got into.

This anime is quite good how Sonic and his friends end up on Earth after the evil Eggman creates a machine and transports them to Earth and then they befriend a boy named Chris who has celebrity parents. I really like Sonic and Amy cause they are really nice and Sonic is so fast and Amy is pink and they are my favorite characters. I really got into this anime and I really love to watch this show and I really loves to play the games when I was younger and now I wanted to see the anime which rocks and it definately deserves a 10 out of 10.
  • I really loved this show. Why did they cancel it?

Why did they cancel this show, man? It was so awesome, maybe the best show ever! I bet it's been replaced with some other junky show! Sonic was the best and coolest animated character in television programming. He, Tails, and Chris go on adventures to stop Dr. Eggman from all sorts of chaotic things. I really, really liked this show!
    I just can't believe they cancelled this show, it was simply the coolest. This really stinks. If they don't bring this show back, I may go on strike with other viewers to bring this show back!!! The bottom line is: Bring this show back!!!
  • As much as I love Sonic and his games, this show just doesn't do for me.

5.5
    I haven't watch the previous Sonic shows, but people have said that they are very good. But I did managed to catch on to the series. At first the show didn't seem so bad. The first episode was really good, and it had a lot of entertainment. But after the second episode is when this started to fall apart. My next problem was with the voices of the characters. While some voices are good (Cream, Vector, etc.), some of the come of as rather annoying (Chris, Sonic, etc.). Let me explain. Sonic has a stuck up and annoying voice. Chris and Tails have rather high-pitched and girly voices. Amy has an earsplitting voice that is very annoying. Speaking of the characters, they are just about screwed up in every way possible. Sonic comes of as a rather stuck-up snob. Tails was pretty much pointless. Knuckles is always grumpy and is just WAY too gullible. As for Amy, I've always hated her, but some how the writers have made her even more annoying than in the games. Chris is also very annoying too, and is too obsessed with Sonic. I mean, SpongeBob's and Patrick's relationship is a little weird, but this relationship comes off as rather creepy. Eggman. Wow, what a complete joke he is. Eggman is annoying and makes villains from Johnny Test look good. Rouge is OK, but she sounds like an constipated 80 year-old. Shadow is nowhere near as cool as he is in the games. The only good characters on this show were Cream and Cheese, as there were the most developed and the least annoying out of all them. The animation and artwork, as always, are amazing and the character designs are well drawn. As for the plotlines, they come off as either rehashed or weak. The plot itself before has been done dozens of times before. The jokes are very corny and are painful to hear. The action is OK, and is pretty much the only thing that saved this show from getting a crummy score.

This show did start off good, but then failed as it moved on. The only things that I can say that were good about the show were the animation and artwork, Cream, and the action. It may have been a show based off of one of the most popular video game characters, but this is show you should just skip.

Presentation: 3.5/10 Hmmm, let's see, a plot that has been done thousands of time before, and storylines that are unoriginal. Does that seem good? I don't think so.

Animation: 8.5/10 As always, the artwork is great, and the animation is fantastic and flows smoothly.

Voice: 5/10 On one hand, you have matched voices that work well. On the other hand, you got very screeching and annoying voices.

Entertainment: 4.5/10 The action is OK, but nearly all the characters on this show are terrible, and the jokes are very painful to hear.

Lasting Appeal: 4.5/10 The show is nice to look at, but everything else is so screwed up that you want to turn the TV off.

FINAL SCORE: 5.5/10 Mediocre
  • Sonic fail

Okay,sonic x just was a horrible idea have 4Kids dubbed.they messt the voices horribly,some have good voices(amy,cream,eggman,shadow),but some are just annoying(sonic,tails,rouge,knuckles).Also the plot pretty stupid,the gang are sent to earth,really?that's the best they could do?Also this anime has one worst anime characters ever,Chris!His voice,his acting,his fanboyish relationship with sonic,he's the Justin Bieber of Sonic series!And his grandfather is a wannabe Doc Brown from Back to the future!And the some of the sonic characters are just horrid!!Sonic is a jerk,Knuckles a gullible moron,tail's a wimp!This is horrid!!Also,why do they have so many bad filler episodes!!Occasionally they would do a plot from the Adventure series or battle,but that's all,this show should been dubbed by funimation or Cartoon Network.though 4kids ruined it.
  • Sonic X is a good show.

The Japanese Sonic X in fact is waaay better than the US or any other version. Try watching the episodes in Japanese with English subtitles on YouTube. You will see that it's different from the US version...well Sonic X is a really good show. The art in the show is alright, i find a lot of errors on episodes though. The characters are cool but I somehow never like Chris and his human friends..Well if you want to watch a Sonic show with Shadow and all those cool characters then watch Sonic X. But I prefer you to watch the Japanese with English subtitles on YouTube if you want a better show.
    :]
  • Holy crud. And I was going to pick this as my second anime after Sailor Moon.

Wow--4kids really knows how to drive a newfound fan off, don't they? I was going to pick this as my second favorite anime next to Sailor Moon, but--this totally killed Sonic's chance of being near my favorites list. The voices are annoying, for starters, the relationship between Amy and Sonic is being shoved in our faces every minute when Eggdork isn't around, and when he is--he's irritating. And I mean turn the tv off irritating. Plus, what was the need for an obsessed fanboy following Sonic around? What was the point of wasting artistic talent on crummy voices and stale plotlines? NOTHING!

I advise you, folks, go watch Sailor Moon instead.
  • Awww Sonic

Sonic is the best. I'm sad it ended!! But I hope they might have another TV show cuz this show ended a cliffhanger with Cosmo a seed. I missed that episode cuz I was in Ocean City, Maryland and I was mad!!!! The video games are fun. Sonic Heroes is the best. Shadow the Hedgehog was the worst. Everyone loves Sonic. Even 12th graders in my school still talk about it. Who doesn't watch Sonic!!
  • The best Sonic show out there and probably the best show that's based off a videogame series.

Yes Sonic has about 3 or 4 different shows but this one is the best out of them all. I didn't even like Sonic Underground that much but this one rocks. I really like the "Got to go fast" theme song. The Sonic videogame series is one of my favorite game seires of alltime and I'm glad that Sonic X retains the game's greatness. The only problem I really have with this show is that sometimes their's not enough action. Just about every character from the games make an appearance on the show including Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Shadow, Rouge (Who's hot and sexy BTW!), Eggman and even the Chaotix's (Espio, Vector and Charmy) and Big. New characters exclusive characters for this show are Cosmo (A living plant), Chris (A human kid), Bocoe (A short and slightly chubby robot who works with Eggman), Decoe (A tall robot who also works with Eggman) and Bokkun ( A small robot who sends messages from Eggman). Their's also a goup called the Metarex who are lead by Dark Oak who get an fights with Sonic and in just about every episode. Overall this is a great show.

TAMKFan's Rating: 9/10