Sonny with a Chance Forums

Disney Channel (ended 2011)

Season 3 (So Random)

stui8

[1]May 7, 2011
    • level: 30

season 3 starts on June 5th

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[2]May 8, 2011
    • level: 25

How did you know this? And is this where all the main cast, except Demi, star?

Collegebound06

[3]May 13, 2011
    • level: 32
    Wow, I've been so out of touch with Disney lately. At least this will calm down some people I know who are anxiously waiting.

teenj12

[4]Jun 5, 2011
    • level: 26

Its official. Demi leaving was the best thing that ever happened to this franchise. The first episode was great.

Edited on 06/04/2011 11:19pm

prudoff

[5]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 18
    Technically the new "So Random!" episodes aren't Season 3 of SWAC, but rather a completely new spin-off series. Hopefully whoever is in charge of it here at TV.com, will add "So Random!" as a new series, and not tack it on as Season 3 of SWAC. I see this was done with ALL of the Power Rangers series since 1993 and it looks horrible. They have it listed as 18 seasons of one series, when it should be 18 separate series. You can see it at http://www.tv.com/power-rangers/show/1905/episode.html
    Edited on 06/06/2011 1:43am
    Edited 4 total times.

Just_Jos

[6]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 11

teenj12 wrote:

Its official. Demi leaving was the best thing that ever happened to this franchise. The first episode was great.

Really, were we watching the same episode. With the exception of the "Tantrum Girl" sketch, I thought the episode was pretty bad. The "Wheel of Fortune" tried way too hard to funny and failed, the "You're Not Gonna Believe This" sketch was super annoying, "Zombie Man" was OK and the "Helmet Ninjas" sketch was just bad. Whether you like it or not Demi was the STAR of this show and the main reason why people watched. The only way this show will be a hit is because of the musical guests.

I will continue to watch, But as for this show continuing for another season, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited on 06/06/2011 12:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.

gideonbernstein

[7]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 44

There are also unaswered questions still left from Sonny With a Chance. What happend to Sonny? Why is Brad on the show? And with him on the show, what about "Mackenzie Falls"?

Edited on 06/07/2011 7:24pm

Just_Jos

[8]Jun 6, 2011

gideonbernstein wrote:
    There are also unaswered qusetions still left from Sonny With a Chance. What happend to Sonny? Why is Brad on the show? What about "Mackenzie Falls"?

Sadly, I don't think those questions will ever be answered. Right now Disney just wants to make believe that Sonny never existed.

AlexPokemaster

[9]Jun 6, 2011
    • level: 5
    I'm sorry, but this first episode was really bad in my openion. The scetches tried too hard to be funny and fell flat. "Tantrum Girl" is the only exception I liked that scetch was the most entertaining in my openion. The all sketches format isn't enough to hold a whole 22 minute show and I kind of miss Demi. I don't think this will last more than a season.

radrobd

[10]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 54
    The only reason I watched SWAC was because of Sterling Knight, a.k.a. Chad Dylan Cooper. Whenever SWAC did a So Random! sketch, I FF'd it because Sterling isn't in it. Now that Demi's gone, Sterling is a So Random! castmember, which is odd since Chad regularly harped on the Randoms as he called them.

Anyway, the show just seems to be another version of Nickelodeon's "All That" and from the same producers. Aside from Sterling, I don't care for the rest of the cast. Tiffany Thornton is okay, but Brandon Mychael Smith bugs me (not being racist), he just tries way too hard. Doug Brochu is not funny and neither is Alysn Arm. At least Demi's gone, she bugged me too. I noticed though they're using other actors other than those 5, like the guy who played Pat Sajak and the dude who kept saying, "You're not going to believe this!" and the guy who played "Zombie" dude. I'll prolly watch it for a while, like I did with "Jonas L.A.," but if it gets cancelled, I won't be sad.

TheRoseArt

[11]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 1

After viewing the first episode of the new series, or what you call another season, I will say I did enjoy the episode. I will admit I was a huge fan of All That growing up. But it is okay IMO, since the people who created/wrote for AT are now working for this show. And not to forget that most sketch shows today copy the format of Saturday Night Live. Why you ask? Because it works, SNL has been on the air for almost 40 years.

I do have some creative criticism. I respect them for solving the problem of having Sterling Knight's charater join the show. But to be honest, they need to drop the characters and just play themselfs for now on. It might be difficult for fans, but Ithink it is the best thing to do. It would work best in the intro.

My favorite part of the show was seeing Allisyn Ashley Arm perform. She is great at sketch comedy and reminds me of a young Amanda Bynes. The rest of the cast appeared to be trying to hard. But I think as the show goes on that problem should fade. Smith and Thorton were also good. Thorton fell into that role Lori Beth Denberg used to play on AT. Mostly teachers and parents. But I am fine with that.

Was not a fan of how every sketch were character based, with title intros. That got old fast. My only other problem is that they need more cast members. Having guest stars playing larger roles that the cast is not a good sign. Maybe if the show returns next season add some more people.

Thank you for your time and tell me what you think.

Just_Jos

[12]Jun 9, 2011

Just so you guys know, the producers and writers for "All That" ARE NOT the same producers and writers for "So Random!". The only connection that "So Random!" has with "All That" is that Brian Robbins, who co-created "All That", is one of "So Random!"'s executive producers. Other than that, he is not really involved with the show's scripts, Steve Marmel and Michael Feldman are the head writers/showrunners for the show.

NoahBarrett

[14]Jul 14, 2011
    • level: 7

I really hate it,the skitsaren'tfunny,acting ishorrible,and some guest singers seemunknown,I really hope Disney pulls the plug on it soon.

NoahBarrett

[15]Jul 14, 2011
    • level: 7
    sorry,tv.com deleted some spaces