We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A Sons of Anarchy Community
FX (ended 2014)

[Spoilers for Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy, so if you haven't seen it yet, turn your bike around now!]

It turns out we weren't the only people a little upset over the tragic death of fan favorite SAMCRO member Opie Winston in Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy. In this exclusive clip from the Season 5 DVD/Blu-ray box set (which hits stores tomorrow, August 27), cast members talk about Opie's final scene and the impact Opie had on the club. Ryan Hurst also weighs in on the significance of Opie, just to re-open those wounds we're only now just recovering from.

Yep, those were some tough, grown men getting a little emotional over a television show. I got emotional, too; here were my thoughts on "Laying Pipe," the episode in which Opie left us. 

Sons of Anarchy Season 5 is out on DVD, Blu-ray, and Digital Tuesday, August 27. Season 6 will premiere on FX on September 10 at 10pm.

20 Comments
Comments (20)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
i love u guys we are the biggest fan
Flag
I am a fan of perfectly written TV. Shows like ER, where you quite unsuspectingly become emotionally involved in the characters lives. I am not one to swoon over the actual actor, or writer, or producer. I enjoy being part of the world that they create. SOA has done that. Having beloved characters removed to improve the story is how good writing is done. The days of knowing your character was going to be on the show for a decade is no more and actors have to accept that for the sake of the art. And I think most of them are AOK with it. The death of Opie was important for the growth of the story. Anything less would have been shameful. To the writers, producers and actors I say great job and thank you.

Flag
Everyone talks about George RR Martin and Joss Whedon as being bloodthirsty writers, who likes to destroy people with huge and surprising character deaths. But the moment Opie was pulled into that room, Kurt Sutter, in my eyes, went right up beside them, and single-handedly shattered my heart into a million little pieces like only those two had previously been able to.
Flag
Before Game Of Thrones were made into tv series,people didn't even know,who George R.R. Martin is/was . Now they are...this is the best tv show...best this,best that....
Flag
Well, I can't speak for other people. But I did. I have been a fan of the books for well over a decade now. To me they are some of the best books I have ever read and I do think the show is a truly great one and one I love. But I wouldn't call it the best and label it perfect or flawless, by any means.
Flag
That was nice in a depressing kind of way.
Flag
There's clip on YouTube,where Ryan gets his beard shaven...it's hard to watch and it makes him completely different person.
Flag
I remember Ryan on the miniseries Taken... and didn't realize until like Season 3..that it was the same guy under all that facial hair :)
Flag
In the words of Florida Evans...Damn Damn Damn....that scene tears me up everytime.
Flag
"i got this..."

damn.... Opie ... was my favorite... (kurt sutter ... fucking psycho ...)
The pain he had to endure was unreal.... (Opie deserved so much better. Clay better die soon.)

Part of Jax died right there...

Flag
Part of me died right there and then...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members