A Sons of Anarchy Community
FX (ended 2014)

Sons of Anarchy will begin its (probably super violent) ride into the sunset in September.

The FX biker drama's seventh and final season will kick off with a nearly two-hour (!!!) premiere—one hour and 45 minutes, to be exact—on Tuesday, September 9 at 10pm, the network announced Thursday.

The super-sized debut will be followed by a live after-show, Anarchy Afterword, hosted by Chris Franjola. Fans will be able to ask questions via a toll-free call-in number, as well as social media. (A second Anarchy Afterword episode will air later in the year, following the series finale.)

Sons of Anarchy will undergo a short time jump at the start of Season 7, picking up 10 days after the Season 6 finale, with Jax (and his handsome skull facein jail on a parole violation, where he'll have plenty of time to think about avenging the murder of his wife, Tara.

As previously announced, the season will also introduce a handful of new faces to Charming, with recurring roles booked for Annabeth Gish and rockers Marilyn Manson and Courtney Love.

7 Comments
Comments (7)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
No matter what many are saying, SOA is one of the better show over the last decade. I will missed it when it ends.

I am looking forward to its final season just like Boardwalk Empire.
Flag
On average, every single one of last season's SoA episodes was 1½ times its normal length and the show suffered for it (IMO, obviously). Adding more scenes of Jax looking all soulful, silent and brooding does not automatically equate to better TV. Kurt seems to have become blinded to this. Sometimes less really is more. The trend toward making each season longer and longer while keeping the number of episodes the same has been going on for the past several seasons.

My plea to what I know will be deaf ears: Please dispense with the bloat already and give us a final thirteen episodes of tight, cathartic storytelling.

Flag
Yeah, but the last 20 minutes is a montage set to an ultra slow version of MacArthur Park sung by Katey Sagal.
Flag
Dear god 105 minutes!! The season 6 finale was that long and it was just awful. Outside of the last scene, it was just filled with long scenes of staring and pauses between lines of dialogue. STOP THAT! Its not good.
Flag
It was already revealed that Jax was going to be locked up for a few episodes. Glad it will be for a parole violation and not due to the authorities, understandably, thinking he killed Tara & Eli. Hopefully the DA lady knows that he wouldn't killed Tara, at least not like that, and any gun he had on him or in the house A) wasn't recently fired and B) wasn't used to shoot Eli. Then it's just a matter of figuring out who did kill them, who was there before Jax showed up, and/or knowing that it was Gemma but trying to prove it and deal with her accordingly. As much as a bad guy Clay was, Gemma enabled him and his rise to power, and she bear some responsibility for what the club has become. I'd hate to see more of the Sons die, I'd like to see them finally out from under the thumb of the IRA and any all-powerful criminal organization, out of the gun business, and just run a legit business. Imagine if they focused all of their ambition and skills into being mechanics, fabricators, metal workers, and body men.
Flag
A 105 minute episode now?! I wonder how many of those 105 minutes will actually be relevant? I bet the season finale will be 3 hours.
Flag
It's going to be GREAT! Can't wait for that.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:30 pm
    Judge Judy
    NEW
    CBS
  • 9:00 pm
    What Would You Do?
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm