A Sons of Anarchy Community
FX (ended 2014)

Sons of Anarchy fans know that below all the melodrama, behind all the exceptionally wonderful and gratuitous violence, and beneath the crusty beards, creator Kurt Sutter loves to treat his show as a work of art. In recent years, he's gotten a lot of his creative imagery out of the way in his pre-season teasers. Last year, if you'll remember, Jax rode his hog off a bridge, the obvious metaphor being LOOK OUT FOR BRIDGES! 

This season, the message is a little more upfront. Shit gon' get crayyyyyyyyyyyy!

There are a few takeaways here. One, Mark Boone Jr. (Bobby) looks amazing in slow-motion. Two, what does the symbolism of Clay holding back Jax mean for Season 6? Hmmmm... three, the only two people in direct conflict with each other in this brawl are Tara and Gemma. Hmmm... and four, where the bloody sausage is Chibs? 

FX has not put a premiere date on Season 6 of Sons of Anarchy, but you can bet it will be early September.

35 Comments
Comments (35)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Don't panic! Chibs is in the other 2 promos I have seen!
Flag
And he's wearing the V.P patch in one :)
Flag
I got into 'Sons' only last summer, and have watched all 5 seasons.......twice. Frankly, I'm excited for season 6. December to September is a hell of a long wait! I like the addition of Jimmy Smits. Thought Nero was a very likable character. One thing I noticed about the teaser trailer is the lack of Chibs. He's fast become one of my favorites.
Flag
Oh how I hope Donal Logue gets one hell of a part to play this season. Was a tragedy to see Terriers cancelled, here's hoping he gets to put his name back on the map at FX!
Flag
I'm really interested to see how everything ends up in SoA. I enjoy the show to be sure but that this point I'm kind of not along for the ride anymore and just want to know how it ends. One thing that dramas usually fail to do with me is keep me entertained throughout the whole series, usually I lose interest along the way and only keep watching to know what happens. I'm approaching that with SoA, but I still enjoy it and will continue to do so as long as it continues to surprise me. Interestingly enough I've never had these feelings about Game of Thrones, I guess it's just so well done that I'm okay with just seeing what happens and don't care as much about how it all comes to a close, maybe one day it will start to lose my attention but I can't see that happening, usually it happens by now.
Flag
That's basically how I feel about Dexter at this point. I just want to see how it all ends, but the thrill is gone.

And I love your avatar, btw.
Flag
Yeah I agree, they could have gotten me again with something really intense maybe but now I just want to see the end and I'm only really watching to have context for the end when it comes along. I'm just so sick of Deb's bullshit. P.S. I'm quite fond of my avatar as well, I'm glad you like it. It's too small to read but it says "I've had it with your sassy mouth!"
Flag
You think the show had gotten bad, you should see how downhill the books have gotten. It's 80% Miami driving is horrible, 20% Dexter is whiny and emotional now.
Flag
I like this show, but it's had some issues these past few years, including having god knows how many 90 minute episodes in a season. Sutter really needs to drop the multiple 90 minutes episodes in a season thing, but he's not since he said so on twitter. Those episodes used to feel special, now they just drag the plot even longer. Oh and not to mention...never mind Mate covered that.
Flag
They're not really 90 minutes but around 60, the remaining 30 is just commercials, just like 60 min shows are really 40 and the remaining 20 minutes are commercials.
Flag
90 minutes episodes were/are awsome. And they ain't really 90 minutes,but 1h. Those 30min are just adds.
Flag
I know that, and that makes them even more annoying for me. The 90 minute episodes felt eventful on the first two seasons, but now they just drag things out even longer. I'm not saying all of them do, but most of them in the last few seasons have felt unnecessary.
Flag
I've never heard anyone complain about to much of something they like. Sutter is a genius!! If u dont like it, dont watch it.
Flag
I can't wait for season 6!
Flag
Every moment Clay still lives the show slowly degrades in quality.
Flag
This is season six of "Sons of Anarchy," but it is also season two of "Clay Lives".
Flag
Clay lives. Despite the rules of their world that the most despicable among them, those that commit the most heinous acts, die horribly. But hey, the Irish will only work with him. Because Seamus doesn't like Jax. Or Cartel money. Because that makes sense. Maybe they will bring back the CIA and make everything better again. Maybe Tara will go full stupid this season and complete her devolution from the smartest character to just out right moron. So many possibilities for the show.
Flag
Clay is a main character .. Idiot
Flag
Staff
Clay WAS a main character. He was dead to me when his events led to the bearded god's death.
Flag
Who should have died as per the rules of their universe, club, karma, common sense whatever and what have you. Good shows keep beloved characters no matter what. Great shows are willing to kill off a main character. He should be dead.
Flag
Just because every season had main villain and then that villain got killed,doesn't mean Clay should die as well. He is the main instigator for club to get into trouble and so on. With him gone,show would get boring and Sutter changed it,by not killing main villain. I know alot of people saw this as cop-out,but he didn't kill Clay and then somehow brought him back. Show is still awsome and I wait to see what's in store this season.
Flag
IIII CAAAANNN'TT WAAAIIIITTTT. Guess I should start growing my beard and hair back out right about now.
Flag
Oh yeaaahh...September I wait on you and in the meantime,August will deliver Breaking Bad!!!

People,when Clay dies,show also dies. Without him there would be no drama,tension and so on. Ok with SAMCRO it might be,but not same as with Clay. If you tired of this show,then just stop watching it...so simple!
Flag
Show died with Opie - the rest of S5 proved that. Sutter *totally* jumped the shark the rest of the season after Ope pegged.
Flag
Maybe in your eyes,but I loved whole season 5. Was very sad to see Opie go,but I loved last episodes.
Flag
The episodes where all the characters did a complete about face, I can only assume because of alien control, was so unbelievable. Not to mention the episode following Ope's death where they had a transsexual prostitute and everyone laughing and joking, especially Jax, like nothing bad had happened. {sigh} I really loved the show, but there's looking at the shark and jumping it.....sadly sutter pole vaulted over it, only to face plant the other side.

I think he's just bored with it now and is just trying to kill it. Since this is likely to be the last full season, he might've succeeded.
Flag
Episode after Opie's death was awsome and Venus Van Damm(Walter) was f-ing awsome!!! They laughed in that scene,because actors,NOT characters had hard time holding back.
Flag
Ya right Ope was nobody
Flag
The only nobody is Sutter, my friend. He's killed a brilliant show because he's bored.
Flag
Staff
Is Clay gonna meet his maker soon? Tired of waiting. (excellent show).
Flag
You know why I'm glad that Clay isn't dead?

Ron. Fucking. Pearlman.

An excellent actor and human being. Glad we get to see more of him. (But yeah, Clay's an asshole that needs to be taken care of.)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Caught on Camera With Nick Cannon High Jinx
    NEW
    NBC
  •  
    500 Questions
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm