A Sons of Anarchy Community
FX (ended 2014)

Sons of Anarchy is about to set off on its final ride, so we thought now might be a good time to check in on our favorite outlaws. And based on Tara's violent end in the Season 6 finale, Jax's upcoming efforts to avenge her death, and FX's Season 7 marketing campaign that features Jax morphing into the reaper, we're preparing ourselves for the worst. 

A typical season of Sons of Anarchy produces a lot of dead bodies, and SAMCRO has lost several of its members (R.I.P. Opie!) since we started this journey together so many years ago, but Kurt Sutter recently told Entertainment Weekly that only two club members will die in Season 7. And while I'm not so sure I believe that, there are enough non-club members wrapped up in SAMCRO's drama that the number of untimely demises will probably remain high. Which means it's time to place your bets: Who do you think is going to bite it before Sons calls it a series? Juice? Gemma? Tig? Jax

Watch the full trailer for the final season, peruse the new cast photos above in search of clues, consider all the possible options, and then vote for who you think is most likely to leave Charming in a body bag:

thekaitling:list:sons-of-anarchy-season-7-whos-gonna-die/

The final season of Sons of Anarchy kicks off Tuesday, September 9 at 10pm on FX.

51 Comments
Comments (51)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Gemma won't be counted as a club member. She's not even a old lady any more -not since she swapped the prez of the sons for the prez of a mexican gang.
If Juice has been chucked out he wouldn't count as a member either, So Jax n one other could shuffle off as well as those two 'n Sutter wouldn't have been telling porkies.
Flag
And I thought last season's average episode length of 90 minutes was bad. Tonight's premiere is blocked off in my tuner for an absurdly bloated 150 minutes. Good grief. Has Sutter never heard the phrase "less is more"?
Flag
I think the deaths will be the ones that hurt the worst. In my opinion, that's Juice and Chibbs. And Tig. And Jax. I honestly don't think Jax will make it out alive - one of the extras I watched said something to hint that the story would end where it began (or something like that), so I'm assuming that Jax will die while his kids are young, and they'll grow up in the club with whoever takes over after him as a sort of father (perhaps Chibbs, if he lives). Or maybe they'll actually make it out after he dies. Either way, I don't have high hopes for Jax and Juice and Chibbs and Tig. Basically, whichever characters I love the most are probably going to bite it.
Flag
Ratboy will turn out to be an undercover fbi
Flag
btw, I wish I would have thought of this word 6 years ago, but is it too late to try coin the term "Blokeopera?"
Flag
Ima go with Chibbs & Bobby Elvis
Flag
Now here's a poll that really needed an "All of the above" option.
Flag
I picked almost everybody to bite it except Gemma and Unser. I mean, dammit, Unser has been at deaths door for so long that I think death just closed it and told him to go away. Gemma is such a suvivor that she will find a way to screw some guy into saving her ass. I would really prefer that Irish half-sister to show up and take the boys back with her to Ireland.
Flag
I expect Sutter at the last shot to be filmed, to be standing just behind the camera, steering at a empty street. I mean completely empty. Shout softly "Cut" and he himself turning off the camera, taking it on his shoulder and walking away home on his own. Then silent.
Flag
Knowing what Sutter is like, and as this is the last season, then I guess he could kill the lot of them off. Frankly after the way he dealt with Ope and then messed up every single other character, I decided I could care less - that season went downhill from the moment Opie died and didn't recover.

I honestly think the show lost its heart with Ryan Hurst's character's demise; which became apparent as the season progressed. I know it was probably just Sutter's way of writing in an 'F' You' to the fans who'd complained bitterly about Opie's death and the way the show was going; Sutter being very open about how he was irritated by the fans refusing to accept the death of Opie and then the other character changes he subsequently made.

I'd been shocked to hear that Opie was going to die - knowing what a real favourite he was with the shows fans; myself included. But in such shows like this, where violence and death stalk every character, even the most popular ones sometimes have to die - so I held my tongue until after the event. After all, Piney's death was pivotal to the previous season; so perhaps Opie's was for a real purpose too.

However as the series progressed after Ryan Hurst left and with no real send off for the beloved 'Ope' - indeed the episode after that gut wrenching one had around two minutes of his funeral and the rest was a (bad taste) comedy - it was clear Sutter was intent on a making a point to the fans.

Sadly in making that point, he ripped the heart out of the show and then proceeded to stab it in the brain with an ice pick. Not surprisingly to most, although it was apparently a shock to Sutter, fans began abandoning the show in droves as the characters they'd known so well began to morph into the exact polar opposites of their original selves.

So in teaching the fans a 'lesson' as to who controlled the show, Sutter learned a valuable one himself - the studio did. When shows stop being money makers and viewer rakers then they get cancelled - SoA was no exception to that harsh rule. Sutter is no doubt now licking his wounds and still blaming the fans for the unnecessary flame-out of SoA; but in reality the blame lies squarely and plainly at his own door and no others.

Do I know who will die? Nope and I could care even less - the selfless loyalty this sort of club relies on (such as Opie's sacrifice) is gone without rhyme or reason. The characters are now so narcissistically psychopathic, so arrogantly self obsessed that I personally would rejoice in the death of them all. RIP SoA, you were once a great show I often stopped whatever else I was doing just to watch. But you died a long time before you were cancelled; I will mourn what you were, not the unintelligible mess you became.....................
More+
Flag
I'm just sayin'...but probably the single coolest thing about Sutter is, he writes what he wants to write & has enough pull, that he mostly doesn't need to apologize or bend over to accommodate network suits or armchair internet re-writers when things don't go the way they would rather it go.

He's always been pretty clear about his take it or leave it attitude from very early on
Flag
If he could write what he wanted and had enough pull to get away with it; this mess of a once great show would still be going on. The fact that the studios pulled it means that either his pull isn't what it once was or, more likely, he was only able to get his own way when the show was doing well. Now it's tanking the studio could care less what he thinks and has kicked his show to the kerb regardless of the hissy fits he throws.

I've never liked him, but I didn't have to because I loved the show; now I dislike them both.
Flag
Wow, what a rant and so much false information. First in my opinion Opie was a whiny wishy washy pathetic character and was not fazed in the least by his death. Second, did you even bother to see the stats on viewing? If you bothered to check you'd see that last season was the most watched season averaging 4.6 million viewers. Season 5 which Opie died in episode 3 averaged 4.37 million viewers. Season 4, the last season with Opie in all the episodes averaged 3.87 million viewers. Season 3 averaged 3.24 million.

So, let's see, the last 2 full seasons with Opie in it averaged about 3.5 million viewers and then without Opie in 10 of 13 episodes in season 5 and season 6 averaged about 4.5 million. Looks to me like Kurt Sutter made the right choice. Killing off Opie increased viewership by a whopping 28%. Since you're blaming the killing of Opie for all the ills of the show I figured I'd just state the facts.
Flag
You might've thought Opie was 'wishy-washy', 'whiny' and 'pathetic' but he was also the conscience and moral compass (such as it was) for the whole chapter in general and Jax in particular. So regardless of our personal views (mine that he was a hero and yours that he was a nuisance) he was necessary. Once he'd gone, all of them just went psycho and it didn't work. Jesus, even Clay's end was just m'eh by then because of all the madness, and I'd been really looking forward to him getting finally dead.

As I understand it from other fans, they stuck with it for a few episodes to see if Ope's death would mean something; just as I did. I think you'll find when it didn't they left.

Because, let's face it, if the show was doing as well as you say the studio would not cancel it. Money making and viewer raking is what they're into - if you have high viewing figures and good fan bases you have excellent revenue coming in. They're not going to kill the goose that lays their golden eggs are they? But it's clear that even fan bases were starting to leave at the end of the last season.

Additionally Sutter made it clear he was keen to keep the show going (and his subsequent hissy fit when it got canned was also proof of that); so the fact it's been cancelled is solely down to the studio. So it's easy to see the lack of viewers, and therefore lack of cash it's making them, is their reason for ending it. Studios are very harsh - if something's not making them lots of money, it's cut.

I also have some pals that are Hells Angels here in the UK - trust me, for all Sutter's bluster about how SoA is 'real', according to them it's not.....not even close and, as they tell it, the Brit version of the HAs isn't a patch (pun intended) on their American cousins, so you can see how wide of the mark Sutter really is.
More +
Flag
"Because, let's face it, if the show was doing as well as you say"

I'm just stating facts. Not only did the Opie lovers not leave but about a million more viewers were added. I suppose you could have thought I was lying about the numbers so you can find them here and for a more detailed explanation of viewership here.
Flag
No, I didn't think you were lying, no one's that desperate to prove a point on here. Aside from that I always give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. But I think figures can be manipulated in either direction to prove a point; comments by fans can't.

However regardless of who's right, the show's been cancelled and I think that speaks loudest of all. I loved the show in the early days; it was good. But not anymore; it's not so much jumped the shark as pole vaulted over it.

However if we all agreed and thought the same all the time can you imagine how boring life would be?
Flag
I somehow don't see Gemma surviving this season.
Flag
Staff
Nice
Flag
Remember the shield and its ending
Flag
I've been thinking SoA might end like The Shield. There are some indirect parallels. Lem was a mixture of Opie & Juice. Good friend, guilt-ridden, weak link, and a touch of innocence left. Lem, like Opie, died long before the end. Juice may also be akin to Ronnie, almost always along for the ride and could also end up being the patsy and the only one to end up in prison. Ronnie was usually the calm & collected one, like Bobby, though Bobby is also an adviser. Shane was a loose cannon, a fuse Vic lit, and together they were just a bad combination. Clay was wreckless like Shane , though he was the leader. Tig is also wreckless and more of a follower like Shane was, and his weckless acts of killing Donna and Pope's daughter had long-lasting effects, the latter being the results of his impulsiveness.

I bet Tig, Chibs, & Happy go down guns blazing, if any of them go down at all. Juice killed, killing himself, or in prison. Bobby in prison or killed with little fanfare. Jax isolated from his everyone else he cares about, but maybe with his sons, either on the run or in hiding from the law and/or rivals, or in witness protection. Gemma will wind up dead or just cast out from the club and her family. We expect Jax to kill her, so that won't happen.
More +
Flag
Staff
Which part of the ending are you referring to? Shane? Ronnie? Vic?
Flag
Staff
It wont be as epic as The Shield series finale. Let's just put that out there.
Flag
Few finales are as epic as the The Shield's. I can only think of 2 that are, Angel and Six Feet Under. Breaking Bad, The Wire, and Spartacus have great finales
Flag
'Spartacus' was the perfect show. Every season finale upped the ante ('Kill Them All' Season 1 remains my favorite (of all time possibly). So epic. Last time we had Andy as the lead, still makes me sad. ) and the Series went out as brilliant as when it began. Excellence sustained start to finish is very rare on television and 'Spartacus' never put out a bad episode even after losing their wonderful lead.

SPARTACUS!
Flag
Staff
SPARTACUS! was so effin great.
Breaking Bad I enjoyed. Wouldn't call it epic.
Never watched the other shows.
Flag
Everyone is going to die a painful and horrible death. (Usually that is a joke...but on this show????? )
Flag
Unser better die this season, lol
Flag
Gemma and one of Jax's sons (most likely Abel). I think Juice is too obvious of a choice - How many times has someone wanted to kill him (or he himself) and the Juice keeps on rambling on.

I'm hoping 'Ethan Zobelle' returns with designs on killing someone for killing his daughter back in Season 2. (Could he be the one who kills Gemma?) He was too good of a character, he seriously f'd with the Sons and he made it out of Charming without a scratch. I know Adam Arkin seems to have his hands in so many shows behind the scenes, including this one, but it would be nice to get a final chapter on Zobelle; harkening back to when we were still in the beginning when this show was still one of the best.

Flag
Staff
I would give all my money (okay, not all my money, but like $20) to see Ethan Zobelle return.
Flag
Nobody will make it out alive (hopefully!)
Flag
Gemma has to die, and Jax has to do it
Flag
This used to be one of my favourite shows, but in this golden area, TV has so many good shows to offer, so other shows have step ahead of SoA in my list. It´s such a long break in between seasons for this show that incredible as it sounds, when I was reading this page I could not remember for a while who killed Tara. Yes, that´s right. I searched in my memory and then I saw Gemma with a long kind of fork stabbing Tara. Of course Gemma has to die. I think the question is: How many episodes will Gemma still have left to live?
Flag
I'm wondering if anyone is going to make it out alive next season.
Flag
Same with me. I keep saying everyone will die...
Flag
Kim Coates and Juice Guy have been in lots of photos together recently... I'm going to miss Tig :f
Flag
If SoA is sticking to the Hamlet theme, then Jax is dead. I think Juice and Gemma will die too.
Flag
Kurt, please don't screw up the final episodes the way the people behind Dexter, HIMYM, and Seinfeld ruined the the finales of their shows. It'd be okay for Jax to die or be powerless & alone like you left Vic Mackey, but not for him to escape to somewhere far away and leave his kids with Gemma so they're somehow "safe".

Personally, I'd like to see the gradual elimination of all the show's bad guys and/or criminal organizations who have brought trouble upon the Sons. The Mayans, the Niners, the Triad, the IRA (at least with them leaving Samcro alone since you can't really get rid of the IRA), Nero's gang, the cartel, the Nords, etc. The Sons' underling motives have been to make a ton of money & protect Charming from outsiders, and while they've made money they've brought a lot of trouble to Charming. Maybe the show could end with the club becoming what JT originally envisioned, TM becoming a repair shop that people aren't scared of, and somewhat Charming safe from the ills of the outside world because the Sons don't invite trouble & surrounding criminal organizations are gone.
Flag
You missed the one that made it out alive Adam Arkin's 'Ethan Zobelle'.
Flag
It would be awesome if they tracked him down. Still don't see why the writers had Polly specifically mention that by 'home' Ethan meant Budapest. Maybe it was supposed to indicate that he would be out of reach for the Sons and/or the feds, though Interpol could probably find him and if the Sons can get to Belfast without taking a boat or flying commercial they should be able to get to Eastern Europe.
Flag
Only 2 Club? Are we sure it's not the reverse? Maybe it's all BUT 2. ;)
Flag
I think its going to be a killer final season . 1 dead per episode
Flag
Gemma needs to die, but i bet Sutter will cop out because he doesn't want to have to kill his wife. And we've all seen the season 4 finale, and we all know that he has no prolbem with coping out.
Flag
Sutter is an extreme douche, so it is likely enough that he is lying and they will all die. At least in this case his lack of respect for his viewers might serve a good purpose. This guy is a Ryan Murphy level dickhole and I never want to watch another one of his shows again.
Flag
As Mate would say, "Eh, kill them all."
Flag
Damn, I am getting predictable. How about kill everything after season 3?
Flag
That's probably what I will do. The thing with me is, I'll stick with a show throughout it's entire run, and watch every episode the first time around. Then if I'm in the mood to go back, I'll just disregard everything that happened after a particularly bad season. When it's all said an done, I'm going to pretend like season 3 was the last. I did that with Dexter (season 4) and True Blood (season 3).

I haven't asked in awhile, but where are you with Breaking Bad?
Flag
I have been busy and I am still stuck in season 2. Hopefully as things normal out for the next few weeks I will get a chance to power through the rest of the seasons.
Flag
SOA should be called "Crash and Burn". Everyone will die. I already know it.
Flag
Juice and Chibs I think will die. Juice for the obvious and Chibs cuz he's the fan favorite. I also think Jax may die in the end (if SOA really is a modern Hamlet) along with Gemma and Wayne. I think if Happy died I might hold a grudge for a few years. Bring it on, Sutter.
Flag
By "club members", does he mean members who have been on the show since the beginning, or "red shirt" members introduced & killed off so too many beloved characters aren't killed off & it doesn't look like the Sons are immune to the bloodshed they cause & are otherwise a part of? Right now there are 4 guys we don't really know: Rat, Quinn, Montez, and the other guy whose name I don't even know. Before that it was Phil & V-line, before that the former Nomad guys working for Clay, before that Miles, Kozic (not really a Red Shirt in my book because we did know more about him and he had a more dialogue & screen time), guys from SamBel, etc.

If I had to guess on key members, I'd say Juice, Tig, & Bobby. Juice is very much where Opie was before he died, nothing left to live for and very conflicted. I could see him consciously putting himself in a position to be killed so be doesn't have to pull the trigger himself or risk breaking another branch. Tig deserves to die for his actions, in part as being Clay's lapdog for so long. He murdered Donna, went through his own personal crisis with that, redeemed himself to some extent, and suffered with the murder of his daughter. I could see him dying doing something heroic. Bobby too. The club is all he really has, and while he would be the best leader for the club if it were a more peaceful one, he would probably die before seeing that day come.
More+
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Bachelorette
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Mistresses Blurred Lines
    NEW
    ABC