A Sons of Anarchy Community
FX (ended 2014)
Great News !!!!
FX and Kurt Sutter have confirmed a prequel to “Sons of Anarchy” called “The First 9
The good thing is we will see again Oppie, Clay, maybe young Tara, baby Jakson and of course John Teller and the founding members of SAMCRO in their heydays. I am not sure I look forward to see again, in any form, Gemma.
It seem that is going to be a standalone 12-episode thing, and it won´t start for a few years, creating a breathing time in between this bloody ending season 7 and the prequel.
71 Comments
Comments (71)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jul 24, 2016
Perhaps I missed it not knowing about it due to medical issues.Tell me when it was or better tell me if it is on DVD have 1-6 still need 7 and aftermath if available Thanks All go SOA miss you and loved you
Flag
Sep 09, 2015
I think it'll be fantastic the prequel to the sons of anarchy especially showing jahn-teller Jackson's father and how everything on rivals with Gemma allegedly killing Jackson's father and ending up with play and anything you come up with I'm sure will be amazing just from watching all the episodes of the sons of anarchy that were just so surreal I can't imagine how much better and great prequel be especially with what I heard Brad Pitt playing jahn-teller the rumor it which I hope it isn't just a rumor I hope it actually is true that Brad Pitt will play John teller Jackson's father along with all the original actors think it will be another successful Script !! #CANTWAIT #SuccessfulPrequl2Come #SimplyAmazingItWillBeAnotherSuccess #Indeed
Flag
Feb 23, 2017
Brad Pitt won't play John teller
Flag
Jul 26, 2015
So if Kurt does do the prequel wouldn't opies dad an clay be one of the originals but I wonder would they have.the same people doin it or will they choose other actors
Flag
Jul 25, 2015
I think they should show the future or baby Abel growing up and learning about the club and taking it on as he goes. Possibly making it better. But bringing back the ones,who died doesn't make sense at all. As for Jax's they should show him surviving that crash since all we seen was blood on the ground, which could mean he did hit it and survived but is in pooorr shape. Also what about Neo and Wendy who took the baby boys :)
Don't get me wrong I love love Opie but again bringing back the dead lol a bit much.

So as u mentioned the should start where they left off and get Abel and his brother in there growing up and making changes no one could do :)
Flag
Feb 23, 2017
That's a stupid idea....Jac surviving the crash would mean Tig or Happy would have to kill him anyway...mayhem vote remember
Flag
Jul 26, 2015
Its a prequel. Its not meant to show what happens later but what happens before. It would ruin the whole franchise to see it continue on without any of the key characters. I think you missed the point of the 'prequel '
Flag
Jul 25, 2015
They wouldn't be bringing Opie back... this would be before soa took place back when the characters on soa were little babies.
Flag
Jul 25, 2015
when is this suppose to be on i cant wait to see it i am a huge fan of S&O;&A; love it and cried while watching it i miss that show so much
Flag
Apr 15, 2015
Great looking forward, if would seem they would need all new actors.. but that is fine with me....I know Kurt will hit the ball out of the park, that said, if the writer does not get Gemma or understand her character and her importance to the Sons why is he writing about the Sons?
Flag
Mar 22, 2015
First 9 would be set in the late 60's. If they get good look alikes it would be a righteous show.Jax was born in 78, so no Jax, but young JT, Piney, Clay and Otto would be sweet!
Flag
May 08, 2015
Let's not forget keith mcgee from belfast... he was first 9 also...
Flag
Apr 15, 2015
The show started in 2008 and it was mentioned that gemma was 51, which means she was born in 1957. Unser said at one point that gemma left at 16(1973) and came back 10 years(1983) later with a motorcycle club, so the show would probably be based in the early 80s
Flag
Mar 22, 2015
We will probably see a young McGee from belfas . He also was first 9
Flag
Mar 08, 2015
It seems excting but we all know what happend j.t dieing so i think its pointless?? I think going into the future with abel taking on the club? Or jax returning surviving the crash or showing him sliding under the semi lol i know it sounds stupid but on this story line with all the crazy shit they got away with its possible
Flag
Mar 14, 2015
Jury White claims that John Teller knowingly drove into that semi. Gemma & Clay claim they killed John. but I'd really like to know
more about JT's story. He didn't want Jax doing what he did but sadly that's what it came to.
Flag
May 08, 2015
Plus we'll get to see jt working on his manifest for jax, hopefully
Flag
Feb 25, 2015
The prequel will be awesome! Looking forward to the 70's bikes, cars, music and style. Definitely be worth waiting for!
Flag
Feb 25, 2015
I don't think Jax was a coward, i think he knew he wouldn't make it outside the club. He told able about wendy so able can trust her fully and have him feel he wouldn't be parent less after taxes death, He told wendy to take the boys with Nero for a few days hoping they would settle there and not go back to charming therefore keeping his family safe. Also you can't simply leave a club only and idiot would think it's that simple, Your enemies are still other, they might not target your club or family anymore but they will target you so he would have to live the rest of his life looking over his shoulder. and also you you really think he'd get a job with a rap sheet with club leader , drugs, guns, and murder and his ass in the slammer twice? hell no he wouldn't get employed. so no Jax's death was NOT an act of Coward it was because he knew he wouldn't make it in he world out side of samcrow.
Flag
Feb 23, 2017
Not quite....sons of anarchy (the whole club not just Sandro) Sanctioned Jax meeting Mr.Mayhem i.e. The club will execute him. He was going to die either way. Warrant for arrest, an entire MC requiring his death a whole lot of outside enemy's and his boys growing up seeing the evil man he's become...Jax made the decision to end his life so the club wouldn't have to kill their founders son, he wouldn't have to go to jail and Able and Thomas wouldn't idolise the outlaw Dad and become delinquents themselves
Flag
Feb 23, 2015
If the prequel goes back to the 80's and 90's for its storyline, perhaps we will get to see some vintage shovel or panheads. That would be cool!
Flag
Feb 20, 2015
I want to see a prequel but I'd like to see it sooner than 2 years from now. Throughout the seasons I always wondered what the club was like in the beginning before all of the chaos of the club after JT's death. I also wondered why they showed a picture of JT since his character was deceased. Now I'm thinking that Kurt Sutter already knew then that he would be doing a prequel and that man in the picture (who ever he is) will be the JT character.
Flag
Feb 15, 2015
Just watched a Sutter interview on You tube with Larry King, and Kurt confirmed a Prequel!!!!! Yaaaaaaaay, I'm beyond hype...can't wait
Flag
Feb 15, 2015
All I know is I've been suffering withdrawal since my favorite show ended. I'm such a die-hard SOA fan, ill watch whatever Sutter puts out. But I do think if he had slowed the show down a little we could have @ least squeezed out 2 more seasons @ best. Then again SOA was a high-octane, full throttle thrill ride. So to slow it down would not be in keeping with the true spirit of our beloved show. In a nut shell:PLEASE GIVE US SOMETHING NEW TO LOOK FORWARD TO ON TUESDAYS MR SUTTER.

Thanks in advance,
All true SOA fans

Flag
Feb 07, 2015
WHY do we have to wait......I am already going thru SOA withdrawls.......I hate that it is over......
Flag
Jan 14, 2015
it might prove a serious challenge casting a young 'Gemma' after the stellar performance of Katey Sagal. Going all the way back there will have to be babies Jax and Thomas as well as the Irish connection, Maureen, the affair, baby Trinity. And how far will it go forward - up to the accident of JT or to the point where SOA starts ?
Flag
Feb 10, 2015
I would assume that the the first 9 will be all that led up to jt accident and it ending the same way as sons
Flag
Jan 16, 2015
"The stellar performance of Katey Sagal? yes, maybe she overacted the hours Kurt Russel put her on screen, which for my taste, was to many hours. I didn´t expect to watch The Wife and Mother and Grandma of Sons Of Anarchy (in a psychotic turnaround). I expected, mostly in the final season The Sons Of Anarchy.
So I had enough of her, and a much lighter version will suit me fine.
Flag
Jan 23, 2015
This comment should be immediately discredited just for the fact that you said Kurt Russell and not Kurt Sutter, besides that the show was mainly about Gemma and Jax if it was to stay true to the Shakespeare it was inspired from then Gemma would've ended up the main antagonist which is essentially what happened the show would've been nothing without Gemma or most certainly a shell of what it was
Flag
Jan 06, 2015
I think they should let it go. It was a great 7 yrs and nothing can compare.
Flag
Feb 14, 2015
A lot of people wang this. You'll always have the 7 original SOA seasons. This prequel will not change it. It will add to the story.. Maybe for the worse.. But maybe.. Just maybe for the better. I want to see it and I hope it comes. And if it sucks, we'll always have the original 7 seasons.
Flag
Feb 14, 2015
Of course it had to put wang instead of want lol
Flag
Dec 30, 2014
How about for. SOA prequel. John Hawks, Michael Shannon, Walton Coggins, Sam Shepard, Ben Foster, Joe Anderson, Morgana O'Reilly
Stephen Dorff as John Teller, Clea DuVall as Gemma
Flag
Dec 30, 2014
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/577229/20141229/life-death-sam-crow-sons-anarchy-series.htm#.VKFgFsALk
Flag
Dec 30, 2014
This has been confirmed by sutter, i just read his interview which led me to this one. It will not be for some time due to his new show "The Bastard Executioner". If i find the article again I'll post it.
Flag
Dec 26, 2014
There is absolutely no reliable information available- no articles, interviews, official statements it even attributable quotes- that verifies Sutter and FX have gone beyond the talking stage much less confirming the prequel is a definite go.
This is all nothing more than pure conjecture and opinion.
Flag
Apr 07, 2015
Season 7 Special features include an interview with Sutter and a FOX Entertainment exec confirming that the prequel will happen and that it will start in Vietnam with the forming of the MC.
Flag
Feb 15, 2015
There is an interview on you tube that Kurt did with Larry King, and he confirms a prequel when a fan tweeted a question regarding certain revelations that were'nt made about JT in the SOA 7 year run!!!! Yaaaay
Flag
Jan 14, 2015
not any more - been confirmed by both Sutter and FX
Flag
Dec 25, 2014
Where did he confirm it? Source?
Flag
Dec 21, 2014
BelfastSonsOfAnarchy@Gmail.com @SOAIrelandIR
Flag
Dec 18, 2014
It would be dope if Nero was tied in somehow but on the perifery
Flag
Dec 30, 2014
Dope??
Flag
Dec 15, 2014
Gemma is amazing
Flag
Dec 13, 2014
They already have the actor and actress to play John teller and Gemma when they are young if you remember In the season finale of season 4 "to be part 2" the show Tara over jax and fades to young Gemma over JT
Flag
Dec 14, 2014
I do remember the flashback, but not the actor/ actress. Still, is a long time til Kurt Sutter does something about this.
Flag
Dec 13, 2014
Sam elliot should play a part. He would be awesome!
Flag
Jan 14, 2015
and unfortunately way too old
Flag
Dec 12, 2014
What about Wayne will he play In it
Flag
Dec 12, 2014
Gemma was an essential part in the making of Sons, with that said, I welcome to see her again as she was a truly inspiring great actor.
Flag
Dec 12, 2014
Opie is going to be playing his father...not Opie in the show. And idk, Katey is married to the writer, so I assume they'd figure out something to pull it off if she still really wanted to play the part. And Jax and Tara's characters will be in the show as kids/teens...not the actual current actors.
Flag
Dec 12, 2014
Unlikely we'll see Opie, Jax, Tara etc..They were all born in the 80's. This show is said to be set in the 60's when JT and Piney et al founded the club.
Flag
Dec 12, 2014
Great idea to make it a 12 ep mini series. That way we don't have to wait too long for the SOA follow up of Abel and Thomas growing into young men. One of them an outlaw and the other a lawman.
Flag
Jan 14, 2015
don'tth ink Sutter will want to mess with that - and brothers being on opposite sides of the law has been done before since old Western times...
Flag
Dec 25, 2014
As much as that would be sweet to see that,it won't happen. Even if one of the boys turned out to be a outlaw, everything jax did in the final episode would have been for nothing.
Flag
Mar 08, 2015
So did j.t he did all that for nothing as well cause jax followed in his footsteps
Flag
Dec 12, 2014
That would be interesting to see!
Flag
Dec 23, 2014
You mean Justified?

Flag
Dec 11, 2014
Good idea
Flag
Dec 11, 2014
I think its a great idea. Love the soa
Flag
it's a very good news, opie &3
Flag
Dec 10, 2014
Believe it or not, I was thinking about a prequel as I was watching the final minutes of the finale. I thought it would be interesting to see JT and Gemma when they are younger and it would be a good period drama set in the wild days of the 60s and 70s.

But why Opie? Would he not be a young kid too?
Flag
Dec 10, 2014
Opie would play Piney with the beard..lol
Flag
Dec 12, 2014
Ok. That might make sense :-) Hmmm...perhaps the actress that play Tara should play Gemma now. Ha !
Flag
Dec 09, 2014
Interesting! If there is a Gemma I wonder what younger actress could pull that off....
Flag
Dec 11, 2014
Laura Prepon
Flag
Dec 10, 2014
Katey has a Daughter. (Ruby Jean White) I bet she could pull that off. But I dont know if she is an actress at all...
Flag
Aug 04, 2015
Ruby jean white was a stillborn so she not alive if you knew about her you should of know she was dead she has a daughter Sarah grace white
Flag
Dec 10, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Dec 09, 2014
It has to be Katey Sagal. But fixed younger. we saw in True Detective how they made Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson look young and older without problems.
Flag
Dec 10, 2014
I doubt Katey Sagal can put off as someone in her twenties or thirties with whatever special effect. If it was set when she is in her forties, perhaps still possible.
Flag
Dec 10, 2014
Right I just can't see anyone else.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members