Sons of Anarchy Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on FXBetween Seasons

Clay: Misunderstood or just plain bad?

Faithin1

[1]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 10

I think it is funny that Ron Perlman has played a Beast and a demon from hell, and this is his first truly evil character!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hal90042000

[3]Nov 1, 2011
    • level: 5
    I don't understand why Clay is becomeing what he is Becoming I mean he spitting on the very brother that he sworn to uphold he's now killed 3 of the founding members of SAMCRO. The only thing that I can guess is that there going to spilt the club in two and that is going to be the theme next season.

Faithin1

[4]Nov 2, 2011

You could be right, maybe they will split the club, but I just don't know if that would work. I mean, there are other charters of the club, and I don't think that the founding members or anyone else would be stopped if they wanted to go to one, but I think thatClay is trying to stop (however badly) the club from splitting. My thoughts are that they are trying to make the character so darkly evil (in a way) that the showdown between he and Jax is like between good and evil. I mean, the creator of the show was one key guy for The Shield, and Vic Mackey never became a "hero" he just became darker and darker... maybe they are going there with Clay.

2drama

[5]Nov 2, 2011
    • level: 3

Clay is just pure evil

hal90042000

[6]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 5
    Faithin1 wrote:

You could be right, maybe they will split the club, but I just don't know if that would work. I mean, there are other charters of the club, and I don't think that the founding members or anyone else would be stopped if they wanted to go to one, but I think thatClay is trying to stop (however badly) the club from splitting. My thoughts are that they are trying to make the character so darkly evil (in a way) that the showdown between he and Jax is like between good and evil. I mean, the creator of the show was one key guy for The Shield, and Vic Mackey never became a "hero" he just became darker and darker... maybe they are going there with Clay.

That make's alot of sense I was a fan of the shield and I have to say now that you bring it up there certin simularites between the 2.

nahga1

[7]Nov 8, 2011
    • level: 8

If episode 10 didnt answer your question, nothing will. Clay lost his frickin mind. He Killed Donna, Jax' dad , Piney and tried to kill Tara. The only reason he didnt kill Gemma is , if he did, everyone would know he tried to kill Tara, they'd find out sooner that he killed Piney. There's no bigger threat to the sons than Clay.

gadorian

[8]Nov 9, 2011
    • level: 6
    hal90042000 wrote:
    he's now killed 3 of the founding members of SAMCRO.

Who's the third founding member that he's killed? if your thinking of the president of SAMBEL i dont think he was a founding member of the redwood original charter. Also Teller and Piney were killed behind the clubs back the irish was killed because he betrayed SOA and got into bed with Jimmy O

HK1997

[9]Nov 9, 2011
    • level: 11
    The President of SAMBEL did actually wear a cut with the "First 9" Patch on it.

gadorian

[10]Nov 9, 2011
    • level: 6
    He did? I'll have to watch the third season again and watch it more closely.

There has been a suggestion that the club may split in to two but after watching the recent episode I've got a feeling when people find out what Clay has done to Gemma and Piney the whole club will turn on him. This will most likely be the final season for him.

Faithin1

[11]Nov 9, 2011

Well, I think it is interesting that they hadn't (when the season was complete) picked the show up for a 5th season yet, so who knows if Kurt Sutter decided to wrap things up a bit, and get rid of Clay. I wasn't surprised he killed Tara after he killed Piney, but I was shocked at his brutal beating of Gemma. But Gemma's cold words, WOW. Clay is going down, and I am surprised he hasn't covered his back yet. However, I really think that he will die, or the cliffhanger season finale will be Jax going after him.

Faithin1

[12]Nov 9, 2011

And Clay stopping Opie from seeing his dad... ugh, I was so angry. I don't know what is going to happen, but it won't just be Jax gunning for Clay anymore...

Shreela

[13]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 8

I've recently been thinking that Clay must have been rotten, and very good at manipulating others, his entire adult life - just good at hiding it until things got really, REALLY bad. My guess is that he'll be killed at the end of this season, and they'll do a Dallas/Who Shot JR setup for the 5th season. So far, Jax, Tara, Gemma, Chief Wayne, Opie all have motive, plus Lincoln (investigator) and maybe even the leader of the black gang a could be the killer. Did Gemma say something to made me believe that it should be Jax?

rflem16

[14]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 3
    Let's face it, if you're looking for any hero's or good people on this show forget it. However, Clay is by far the most evil character by far. It's only a matter of time before he gets what's coming to him. The only question is how many of the Sons will still be breathing when that happens.

Faithin1

[15]Nov 16, 2011
    rflem16 wrote:
    Let's face it, if you're looking for any hero's or good people on this show forget it. However, Clay is by far the most evil character by far. It's only a matter of time before he gets what's coming to him. The only question is how many of the Sons will still be breathing when that happens.

So true, there aren't really good guys on the show, just "less bad" guys. But Clay tops them all. I am just wondering who will kill him, or will they succeed?

Oggar

[16]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 2
    It's Hamlet on Harley's. Clay dies this season but my guess is he's not the only major character they off before the end of the season.

BLacqWyng

[17]Nov 19, 2011
    • level: 12
    If he wore a First 9 patch he most likely was one of the first 9 ;-) It's not customary to wear "founder" type patches, though it's done, but IF it's done, then not by "spin off" charters, only by the original members of the founding charter. As far as I know... there may be clubs that hold different bylaws.

articnights

[18]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 4

I know what U mean. I can't see a main character getting killed off the show - unless the actor has a better gig in store- but what could be better thans Sons? Dexter perhaps

articnights

[19]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 4
    I don't understand the patches - which Patch did Tig give back to Clay and which patch did Clay give to Juice?

Faithin1

[20]Nov 22, 2011

articnights wrote:
    I don't understand the patches - which Patch did Tig give back to Clay and which patch did Clay give to Juice?

The patch that Clay gave to Juice said "Men of Mayhem", it just means that he is now higher up in the ranks. The patch that Tig gave back to Clay said, "Sgt At Arms". Tig was high up in the authority, Clay's patch says President, Jax's is VP, Tig was next with his. He gave it back because he doesn't want to follow Clay like that. Tig was always Clay's go to guy, but he isn't willing to do it anymore. Too much is going on, and Clay isn't acting trustworthy. When they find out that Clay killed Piney, another "First 9" (that is another patch), then some stuff will really go down.