Sons of Anarchy Forums

FX (ended 2014)

Clay: Misunderstood or just plain bad?

Faithin1

[21]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 10

articnights wrote:

I know what U mean. I can't see a main character getting killed off the show - unless the actor has a better gig in store- but what could be better thans Sons? Dexter perhaps

The actor may not have anything better, but maybe the writers know good story, and that killing someone will keep people watching. The Shield did it with Lem. And let's be fair, they may feel that they have done enough with the Character as both writers and actors. It isn't personal.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sportwarrior

[22]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 2
    I just don't see where this story goes without Clay. Everything is coming to a head much quicker than I anticipated. I have full trust in the writers at this point, but I just can't see much room for natural story progression once Clay is gone. Maybe next season is about cleaning up the mess with the cartel? I dunno. Whatever the case, there weren't many pages after Claudius was killed and I'm not sure how many episodes can naturally flow after Clay's death. Granted, this show has separated quite healthily from Hamlet, but there's still a backbone there to the story that can't be ignored.

nikevp9

[23]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 1

Clay has to go, and it has to be at the hands of Jax, no one else. Gemma said as much in the last episode when confiding in Wayne Unser, "the son has to kill the father", she meant that Jax has to kill Clay. It's why she handed over the JT letters to Jax and why she told him about the hit on Tara that Clay set up. Gemma is Lady Macbeth, priming the pump for Jax to Kill Clay and then take over the club as President and stay in Charming. The only question for me is will Clay die this season or at the beginning of next season, probably the writers will leave us with a cliff hanger.

articnights

[24]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 4
    I understand the actor playing Clay has signed for another season on the show - can't see them getting rid of Clay till he's ready to go on his own - and what's wrong with his hands - is it arthritis??

Faithin1

[25]Jan 11, 2012
    • level: 10

articnights wrote:
    I understand the actor playing Clay has signed for another season on the show - can't see them getting rid of Clay till he's ready to go on his own - and what's wrong with his hands - is it arthritis??

I think they will get rid of him, eventually, when the story makes it the most amazing. Jax will kill him, I am sure. I just don't know if Jax will live through it.

And yes, Clay has arthritis in his hands, he can't grip things, at least not for a time. Gemma was the only one that gave him the shots, but I am sure she won't be doing that again.