Sons of Anarchy Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on FXBetween Seasons

If you like Sons of Anarchy...

pixydixy

[1]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 6

Hey guys,

While waiting for the return of Sons of Anarchy (ugh why is September sooo far away???), I'll need something to hold me over... So I was wondering what people think are shows that are similar to Sons of Anarchy? I can think of "The Shield", but I've already seen the entire series, so what other shows do you guys like/think are similar to SoA?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

D-DawgMan1

[2]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 48
    Well, I'll be the first to say that there are no shows like Sons of Anarchy. It's definitely a show of its own!

But I'm looking forward to 24 and Lost starting up in the Spring. Those are the only shows I watch that premiere in the Spring.

torque4015

[3]Dec 28, 2009
    • level: 18
    pixydixy wrote:

Hey guys,

While waiting for the return of Sons of Anarchy (ugh why is September sooo far away???), I'll need something to hold me over... So I was wondering what people think are shows that are similar to Sons of Anarchy? I can think of "The Shield", but I've already seen the entire series, so what other shows do you guys like/think are similar to SoA?

Another great FX show Damages is starting in a few weeks it's not like SOA but Damanges is a razor sharp show and well worth watching.

MemnochZERO

[4]Jan 1, 2010
    • level: 14
    If you haven't seen OZ I recomend that. It was HBO's first hour long drama and was about the inmates in a Level 4 prison. So if you like well written and acted dramas about characters with shaky morals, watch OZ (it ran from 1997-2003).

D-DawgMan1

[5]Jan 2, 2010
    • level: 48
    MemnochZERO wrote:
    If you haven't seen OZ I recomend that. It was HBO's first hour long drama and was about the inmates in a Level 4 prison. So if you like well written and acted dramas about characters with shaky morals, watch OZ (it ran from 1997-2003).

I've always wanted to see that. I definitely think I'll buy the DVD's.

lovemj

[6]Jan 14, 2010
    • level: 14
    Oz was great in the first season, and still go through its run, but I thought it (like a lot of shows) declined over the years. It was still pretty good at the end, but no where near as good as the first year or two.

I've stopped buy TV DVD's unless it's an all time show. I have netflix, and just have them sent to me when I feel like watching them.

HurricanesR1

[7]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 5

Oz was tremendous for the first 3-4 seasons and then it got a little out of hand as far as the storylines go. The 8th episode of Season 4 was maybe the best episode in the entire show, but that episode set up the decline. The last season was the worst and the way they wrapped up the storyline that lasted the entire series (won't spoil it) was a little goofy in my opinion.

Some great tv characters were on that show:

Ryan O'Reily
    Simon Adebisi
    Tobias Beecher
    Augustus Hill
    Vern Schillinger

Edited on 01/17/2010 11:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Carnus

[8]Jan 23, 2010
    pixydixy wrote:

Hey guys,

As D-Dawnman says, there are no other shows like this one. Just like the Sheild which is closest to this show, I hate waiting for it. You can find some shows still airing like 24, Dark Blue or Damages worth your time. DVD is great for holding you over to Sept. Early seasons of OZ, 24, or Nip/Tuck. Other GREAT DVD picks are Dexter and Alias. Sons of Anarchy and Dexter is my favorite shows right now. These shows make you burn the midnight oil if you let them.

slevin26

[9]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 8
    I would like to suggest Rescue Me....awesome series based on NY's Fire Department....though it cant match up to the standards of Sons of Anarchy....but you can give this show a try....also early seasons of Nip/Tuck...Dexter and Damages are also worth your time....

KieranJones

[10]Jan 28, 2010
    • level: 1
    Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but Sopranos? The Wire?

24Ashan24

[11]May 28, 2010

4 SureDexter and Oz.

TypeB

[12]Jun 1, 2010

Waiting for the return of SoA really sucks. Maybe these can tide you over:

- Breaking Bad (I highly recommend this one; also a badass show like SoA)

- Justified

And though already mentioned above, I think they bear repeating:

- Damages

- Dexter

DarkTimber

[13]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 2

Weeds is good.

Kazzamart

[14]Nov 9, 2010

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO DOWNLOAD SONS OF ANARCHY FROM. I AM AN AUSSIE FAN AND CANT FIND ANY SEARCH ENGINES FOR IT.

SOME=ONE MUST KNOW, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANX KAZZA

hal90042000

[15]Jun 22, 2011
    Has anyone noticed the Deadwood connection I've been watching the show on Demand and I've noticed that 5 actors and actress's from S.O.A Robin Weigert,Paula Malcomson,Dayton Callie,Titus Welliver,Jamie Mcshane were all on Deadwood. I thought that was interesting to mention so if you like S.O.A you are probally going to like Deadwood.

rreeve

[16]Jul 5, 2011

The only show that comes close to SOA and its criminal nature is an old prison show called 'OZ'

This ran for about 6 or 7 seasons and I think this and SOA are the two most intense and most realistic crime shows ever made. Oz is incredibly violent and highly addictive, I watched the whole show, every episode and season back to back and loved it. This is the advantage of watching old shows, you haven't got to wait a week or even a few months between episodes. Plus, there ALL available for free online if you know where to look. I highly recommend OZ.

rreeve

[17]Jul 5, 2011

btjunkie dot org has every full season and they are steady fast downloads if your connection is good.

P.S You'll need a P2P downloader to download the files. I use Utorrent which I think is by far the best to use.

rodh32340

[18]Jul 18, 2011

The producers of this show are pretty upset that it was ignored by The Emmys nominations, I love the show but the time between seasons is way too long and therefore forgetful when noms roll around. SOA definitely deserves recognition for the cast, writers and production values, however, if the complaints were not picked up by the media i would have thought it was off the air.

MilanBozickov

[19]Sep 7, 2012

you can try Bikie wars Brothers in arms