Sons of Anarchy Forums

FX (ended 2014)

Ryan Hurst - Give the man an EMMY!

Faithin1

[1]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 10

Wow. After watching last week's episode again, I am stunned at how great Ryan Hurst is in the last few moments of the show. As Opie, he conveyed so much without even saying a word. His denial that the people he calls family could do something like that, the sadness, devastation the anger, and Unser adding the one line, "Clay took your wife and your old man," well, that sent Opie over the edge, and I don't know what is going to happen, but with that performance, I really hope that he is not only nominated, but wins either a Golden Globe or Emmy for this performance. He was amazing. It just doesn't get better, and that performance should be a benchmark to other actors. It was unbelievable.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ladycatherine

[2]Nov 24, 2011
    • level: 14
    I love his acting also.. when he walked in and say Piny and then said dad as he got on the ground I was crying so hard.. then when wayne came in and told him what happen, and he went back to his dad, you could see in his face how upset he was (and pissed)

Faithin1

[3]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 10

Absolutely! The character was shaking and confused and red faced and pissed and the plethora of emotions, it was awesome. The combination of beautiful acting and writing that happens.