Sons of Anarchy Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on FXBetween Seasons

SoA rocked

shaunvegas

[1]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 5

Loved the different premise, not a cop show, not a medical show and thankfully not a reality show !!!

The cast is solid, Charlie Hunnam is great as Jax, Katey Sagal wows me as Gemma, what a b@tch she is.

Ron Perlman as Clay is great as well like the lion king almost..

The whole cast is great !! Love the way the show is shot too.

Definitly not for kids though, this is an adult show

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GATZ1000

[2]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 39
    shaunvegas wrote:

Loved the different premise, not a cop show, not a medical show and thankfully not a reality show !!!

The cast is solid, Charlie Hunnam is great as Jax, Katey Sagal wows me as Gemma, what a b@tch she is.

Couldn't of said it any better myself. I loved this show from opening to end and can't wait for the next episode.

RAYcluse

[3]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    shaunvegas wrote:

It's funny how you mention The Lion King since the show reminded me of Hamlet (The Lion King is partly taken from Hamlet). You know Jax is gonna try avenging his fathers vision and questioning his death. If it keeps going down the Hamlet road, it should turn out to be really interesting.

GATZ1000

[4]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 39
    RAYcluse wrote:
    shaunvegas wrote:

It's funny how you mention The Lion King since the show reminded me of Hamlet (The Lion King is partly taken from Hamlet). You know Jax is gonna try avenging his fathers vision and questioning his death. If it keeps going down the Hamlet road, it should turn out to be really interesting.

It does seem like Hamlet if you watch close enough but it is hard to tell by one episode if the format is going to be the same or not - or atleast bits and pieces of it. If you look at the main concept behind Hamlet and compare it to this show its pretty close -example - placed the characters names in () for this show.

Hamlet is a tragedy by William Shakespeare, believed to have been written between 1599 and 1601. The play, set in Denmark, recounts how Prince Hamlet(Jax) exacts revenge on his uncle Claudius(Clay), who has murdered Hamlet's father(John), the King, and then taken the throne and married Hamlet's mother(Gemma). The play vividly charts the course of real and feigned madness-from overwhelming grief to seething rage-and explores themes of treachery, revenge, and moral corruption.

So it makes since to predict that Clay had something to do with John's death and that Jax is going to seek revenge on Clay, maybe murder, to regain what is his, to turn the club around and run it the way his father would of done.

dreamcatchr2008

[5]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 2
    RAYcluse wrote:
    shaunvegas wrote:

The Lion King thing got my attention, too, but for a very different reason. See, I'm old enough to remember the days when Ron actually played a "lion-man" character in Beauty and the Beast. Rawr... he was sooo HOT in that, and he's even hotter now!

GHMob

[7]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 2

ITA. i loved it. the cast of characters were simply."Amazing". also loved that they added alittle bit of soapy drama in the end with the montage and by giving characters there own backstory right off the bat. so far my favorites are clay/jax. two badass characters to the fullest. not to mention gemma. clays woman. jax mom. man even though she's a ****. i can't help but love her.lol..so cold. yet she's an intimidating force to be reckoned with. i saw her on."married with children" the other day...who woulda knew that she would grow up be be a truly awesome actress? i have to be honest. i never really took her serious in some of her acting roles on other shows. mostly because allot of them had to do with comedy. but damn after watching her performance on SOA. i take it back. i guess it's about having amazing directors and writing staff to seal the deal. the way she told that girl in the hospital after choking her.."i suggest you turn to jesus"LOL.

EJamison

[8]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 17
    GATZ1000 wrote:
    So it makes since to predict that Clay had something to do with John's death and that Jax is going to seek revenge on Clay, maybe murder, to regain what is his, to turn the club around and run it the way his father would of done.
    I wonder if they want it to be clearly a version of "Hamlet", but perhaps they do. If your prediction comes true, it will probably be more than a coincidence. It's not the first time Shakespeare was transposed to modern times. It's a time-tested storyline.

acidbud

[9]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 5
    I really think that the writers will be taking the whole storyline down the Hamlet road but at some point I hope they venture off into more original ideas. I love this show and will keep watching it. I especially loved how they got Katey Segal on the show. She brings an air of authenticty to the whole biker thing as she used to run with the Hells Angels when she was filming Married with Children. No wonder she has got her character down. She was probably like that herself in real life. I'll be sure to tell everyone I know about this show.

tvlvr4lfe

[11]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    shaunvegas wrote:

I couldn't have said it better myself! I love this show it is one of the best new shows that I have seen!

jharris79

[12]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 1
    Does anyone else wish that Tara and Jax had more screen time together? Maggie is so talented- she was awesome in Mad Men! I really want to see more of her- although judging by the preview for next week's episode, when her ex-boyfriend comes to Charming, I'm thinking I'll get my wish!! Here's hoping! Oh, and the scenes between her and Gemma are fantastic!