Sons of Anarchy Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on FXIn Season

Theories on the Death on Sons of Anarchy (Spoilers Inside)

D-DawgMan1

[1]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 49

Well, it's no secret that Sons of Anarchy plans to take out one of its main characters "brutally" in a few weeks and they left two clues to help us figure it out.

1. It's not Chibs.

2. The character has no ties to the Shakespearean Play "Hamlet" which the show is based on. I have done an analysis on the play, and have come up with the following conclusions:

CLAY MORROW- He is King Claudius, Hamlet's Uncle.

JAX TELLER- He is Prince Hamlet.

GEMMA TELLER-MORROW- She is Queen Gertrude.

TIG TRAGER- I think he's Laertes.

CHIBS TELFORD- Well, I can't find a character but they said it would not be Chibs.

PINEY WINSTON- I think he's Polonius so I don't think it's him.

OPIE WINSTON- He is Horatio, Hamlet's childhood friend.

JUICE ORTIZ- He seems to be Osric, a foolish courtier (see the comparison?)

TARA KNOWLES- She is Ophelia.

So basically, it comes down to Bobby or Half-Sack. I haven't found any comparisons between them and Hamlet. It's hard to say which of the two might go, or if either of them will and my thoughts are wrong. But if I had to guess, it's either Bobby or Half-Sack.

If anybody else has any insight into this or can compare either Bobby or Half-Sack to characters from Hamlet, please do so!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

torque4015

[2]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 18
    D-DawgMan1 wrote:

Well, it's no secret that Sons of Anarchy plans to take out one of its main characters "brutally" in a few weeks and they left two clues to help us figure it out.

1. It's not Chibs.

2. The character has no ties to the Shakespearean Play "Hamlet" which the show is based on. I have done an analysis on the play, and have come up with the following conclusions:

CHIBS TELFORD- Well, I can't find a character but they said it would not be Chibs.

So basically, it comes down to Bobby or Half-Sack. I haven't found any comparisons between them and Hamlet. It's hard to say which of the two might go, or if either of them will and my thoughts are wrong. But if I had to guess, it's either Bobby or Half-Sack.

If anybody else has any insight into this or can compare either Bobby or Half-Sack to characters from Hamlet, please do so!

Half Sack could be Fortinbras and since he live's at the end of Hamlet my money is on Bobby getting whacked as they say.

VConn

[3]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 17
    I have no clue where this topic sprang up from - I figured the death at the end of SMITE was the only death for a while, The MC ain't that big and to kill off more than 1 major character a year is just silly I think and I don't want to see anyone else die(No-one from the club anyway) but if they are gonna do it and it comes down to Bobby and Half-Sack(Isn't he full sack now thanks to the surgery?) I'd have to choose Bobby. I love Bobby and wouldn't want to see him killed especially brutally but I like Half Sack(Sorry Full-Sack) much more I've been a Johnny Lewis fan for years and he shouldn't be dropped now that he is finally getting some decent screen time!

KathleenBell

[4]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 1
    Hello fellow fan, I think Chibbs is Horatio as he backs Jax play most of the time while the revenge and anger driven Opie is pulling away from Jax steadily, backing Clay's action. Perhaps to dive deeper into the club. I agree with most of your other analyses.
    The last episode had Chibbs flying through the air but he got clear to a point or bounce or... Two characters would be too many to lose unless one was from the other side. I see Gemma getting some "Get Even" soon and pulling Tara down the rabbit hole with her.

torque4015

[5]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 18
    KathleenBell wrote:
    Hello fellow fan, I think Chibbs is Horatio as he backs Jax play most of the time while the revenge and anger driven Opie is pulling away from Jax steadily, backing Clay's action. Perhaps to dive deeper into the club. I agree with most of your other analyses.
    The last episode had Chibbs flying through the air but he got clear to a point or bounce or... Two characters would be too many to lose unless one was from the other side. I see Gemma getting some "Get Even" soon and pulling Tara down the rabbit hole with her.

That's a good point about Opie however that could change if he ever find's out that Clay and Tig killed Donna that would something that the League could use if they ever got wind of it.
    Who know's what Gemma would have done if she would have caught Ethan's daugther.

D-DawgMan1

[6]Oct 13, 2009
    KathleenBell wrote:

The article that I read specifically said that Opie is related to some of the Hamlet characters, most likely Horatio.

And we'll find out about Chibs tonight. But I think he will live. You guys are right about two deaths being TOO many. I think Chibs lives despite the overflowing blood coming from the back of his head. I have faith he'll be alright.

D-DawgMan1

[7]Oct 13, 2009
    torque4015 wrote:
    D-DawgMan1 wrote:

1. It's not Chibs.

Half Sack could be Fortinbras and since he live's at the end of Hamlet my money is on Bobby getting whacked as they say.

While I must admit that I never thought of Half Sack and Fortinbras, I can't deny that either. I just didn't know who Fortinbras would be out of the characters. But you provide a very good point.

Who's to say I'm even right when I compare the characters except for Jax, Gemma, Clay, and Tara. I know they're right, but the rest could be wrong or mismatched. But I like hearing everyone's opinion and I can't wait for tonight's episode.

Quickdraw_

[8]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 5

I think it may be Opie or Bobby thats killed off, I hope not though.

th3warr1or

[9]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 4
    No, not Bobby Elvis please.

D-DawgMan1

[10]Oct 15, 2009
    Well we'll find out in a few weeks. But at least they've confirmed it's not going to Chibs. Looks like the tough guy survived his encounter.

But it can't be Jax, Clay, Tara, Gemma, Tig, or Opie.

I really don't think it's going to be Opie. I think the show's going to save him for later and I know the truth is going to eventually come out about Clay's involvement in Donna's death. It would be pointless to kill Opie off.

They said the character is going to be one that's loved. I really don't know what's going to happen. We'll just have to wait and see.

th3warr1or

[11]Oct 16, 2009
    Otto? Lol. But seriously... 1 death a season is too much.

D-DawgMan1

[12]Oct 18, 2009
    th3warr1or wrote:
    Otto? Lol. But seriously... 1 death a season is too much.

Otto didn't die in that attack. He was only blinded.

th3warr1or

[13]Oct 19, 2009
    He was blinded? What about his other eye. That pretty much means he can't ever ride again right?
    Edited on 10/19/2009 3:22am

RoverGuy

[14]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 9

I think he was already partially blind in one eye before the attack; there is a scar over his left eye. I guess they put the right eye out so now he is almost blind.

You can search the web for a picture of Kurt Sutter as Otto (I could not figure out how to post a picture here without uploading it to a third party site first.)

Edited on 10/19/2009 4:50am

Quickdraw_

[15]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 5
    I think Unser may also be on the list hasnt Unser being diagnosed with something terminal? He might take a bullet for the greater good if he thinks he may be dying

RoverGuy

[16]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 9

Good theory on Unsers taking a bullet or something; I did not think about that.

Better to burn our than it is to rust.

D-DawgMan1

[17]Oct 21, 2009
    That could be a possibility.

But I could have sworn that I saw on another site that it wasn't going to be anyone in uniform.

This is basically the way I look at it right now.

1. It's not Jax, Clay, Gemma, or Tara based on major ties to Hamlet.
    2. It's not Chibs because they said it wasn't.
    3. It's a character that's not connected to Hamlet.
    4. It's not a person in uniform.
    5. It's probably not Juice since he was stabbed in the last episode.
    6. I feel that Opie and Tig have ties to Hamlet.

That's my opinion on it. But we'll find out soon what will happen then we can have a dedication forum to the person.

th3warr1or

[18]Oct 21, 2009
    Bobbie and Half-sack is the only one then.

D-DawgMan1

[19]Oct 21, 2009
    That's what I think. And I have to say it could be either one.

I mean, Bobby seems to be the one that really has the capability of possibly keeping the club together. I mean, he's been the only one to call Jax out and tell him to take care of the riff between him and Clay and he did in the last episode. And it would definitely crush the club and the audience. I could see that happening and then having the club fall apart because he's not there.

And then Half-Sack is great common relief and now that he has a "full-sack", the comic relief might be gone and that might be cause for killing him. But it could be the opposite. Maybe killing Half-Sack will hurt the club because after all, he's the new guy. He doesn't have a spot at the table. That could tear the club apart that the new fish is dead.

scottd2242

[20]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 14

What about Happy? That could be why he's been around more this season, so his death would have an impact.

I think at this point, Bobby is the most likely candidate for a dirt nap. He's kind of in-between the main characters (Jax, Clay, Gemma, etc) and the supporting cast (Chibbs, Juice, Tigg)

Is Unser in the discussion? I think I could see him sacrificing himself to save Charming. Hale becomes Shariff and all kinds of possibilities for stories open up.

Edited on 10/21/2009 10:54pm