Sons of Anarchy Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on FXBetween Seasons

was thinking about giving this show a chance but..

LuthorX

[1]Aug 6, 2011
    • level: 8

Hey was wondering about starting watching this show but i see that every episode in season 1,2 and 3 are getting rating lower than 8

is it really that bad?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

myrddinde

[2]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 2

I don't get what the taste of others has to do with your individual one. The ratings are good enough to give the first episodes a try and judge yourself. Sometimes I find high rated series to not interest me at all, while other more specialized ones hit my personal taste just better. The show starts of a bit clumky but then the story arc evolved and it becomes quite thrilling. I have anticipated each episode, even more than other more popular shows that usualyl (re)launch in the third quarter. In fact some scenes are so fantastic, I still grin wickedly at their thought

bkto

[3]Aug 11, 2011
    • level: 7
    I held off from my friends suggestions, i'd love it they told me, as we spoke about all the other shows we shared in common.

and then one day I relented, and I sat down to watch season 1. The first episode, I was hooked.

If I were you, I would ignore meaningless ratings because a lame scale like one to ten can't describe how good this show is. I'd go eleven, but then why wouldn't I just make ten eleven?

hazben

[4]Sep 5, 2011
    • level: 3
    LUTHER!!!!

grow a pair!! [no dis] this is one of the very best tv shows in the history of tv. the plots, acting and writing are off the charts! so go down to block buster and rent one of the 1st dvd's in the 1st series and DECIDE FOR YOURSELF! excersise your rights as a free american who can pursue his own pleasures as gueranteed through the constitution [while the constitution is still legal].

i am really suprised at the ratings and didnt notice the low ratings untill a couple weeks ago. i didnt look because everyone i know that has ACTUALLY WATCHED IT or given it half a chance LOVES THIS SHOW!! my wife turned her nose up at it. wouldnt watch it. wasnt interested in watching "dirty" bikers do their thing. i kept telling her its beyond that aspect, try it!! no, no, no. then one day she comes home from work and askes when the show is on and said EVERYONE at work talks about it non stop and she decided to try an episode [this was mid way through last year]. she did. and now she is hooked. we went down to block buster a 2 weeks back and rented season one [a must watch to know how the characters and the shows plot come together].now she is looking for an SOA shirt on line [so unlike her]. so that tells you how powerful the show is. and i am sure there are many people who are giving low ratings are people who havnt watched it and just slam it because they have something against the genre.

and i am someone who has eneded up liking lots of shows/movies that were panned by so called "critics". i found out years ago i am one of the small few with real taste!!

so GO RENT the first disc, it has the first 4 episodes. DECIDE FOR YOURSELF! [ratings are for schmuks]

vzografos

[5]Sep 7, 2011
    Dude you can just read the plot of the series and think about it for a min. Have you ever read/heard something like this before?? Let me tel you.......NOPE! This series is nice written with a great story and an EPIC plot!! For those that low rate the episodes i don't know that to say cause this series is one of the best there is and only pitty could make them low rate the episodes. If you wanna see real rates look at the general rate of the series.. Anyhow, if you like this stuff watch it like we do...if not just don't. (don't be like some haters that just get in the series site and low rate every single episode.)

btw Season 1+2 were EXTRA good ones, 3 i found it less attractive. (my opinion about the seasons..)

henry281

[6]Sep 7, 2011
    There are a bunch of good shows that suffer from this kind of thing. Low ratings for no good reason. Just try it out for yourself and don't let the ratings fool you.

therockstop

[7]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 14
    Sit down and watch the first few episodes and if you don't like it then bail. This is probably my favorite show on right now.

BLacqWyng

[8]Nov 19, 2011
    • level: 12
    Somehow a bunch of "users" start voting even before the episodes have aired and all give bad marks, I noticed so with this show. Don't look at the ratings here, the haters do not create the show, nor reflect its quality, watch for yourself and give it the appreciation you deem appropriate it deserves. For me that's mostly 9+

bkyle2429

[9]Nov 19, 2011
    • level: 15

LuthorX wrote:

Hey was wondering about starting watching this show but i see that every episode in season 1,2 and 3 are getting rating lower than 8

is it really that bad?

LuthorX SOA is an awesome show, it is one of the best shows on right now period!!! watch SOA you wont be dissappointed

Faithin1

[10]Nov 21, 2011
    • level: 10
    LuthorX wrote:

is it really that bad?

No. This is a fantastic show. Read the synopsis. If it sounds like something you would be interested in, the please, watch the first season. If after a few episodes, you don't like it, just stop, but I have watched since the beginning, and every week I can't wait for the next episode.

articnights

[11]Nov 22, 2011
    • level: 4

Like Sons - but luv the show this season - best season - I want to go back and watch the earlier seasons again.

lolamustang

[12]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 6

if i was to watch only stuff that gets high ratings i'd watch alot of crappy tv

thank goodness i rely only on my own opinion - but that's just me

adamonfire

[13]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 5
    You can thank conservatives for the rating, being that the show has all of the good things normal people like (in their TV) - sex, drugs, drama, and a compelling story. If you like Breaking Bad, Dexter, etc. you'll love this one too.

nohamzaoglu

[14]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 6

We have talked about low ratings before, for this show and for some other shows like breaking bad, spartacus. There are some idiots who try to lower ratings so their idiotic chicks with big breastsshows can fool you.

If you are looking for real acting, writing you must see this show, breaking bad, spartacus and justified as well which all of these shows are underrated.

For me I never check the ratings, ever, I watch and decide myself there is no better way to do it, checking ratings is just lazy work.

MattiasSvensson

[16]Jan 12, 2013
    • level: 4

Dont bother. The first season is good and most parts of season 2 but it gets really silly in the end of season two and its downhill from there. Season 3 is crap. I havent seen season 4 and 5 yet but from what Ive heard its not getting any better. If you are desperate for a tvshow then it might be worth your time but there are tons of better written series out there.

This doesnt even come close to dexter, breaking bad, boardwalk empire, game of thrones.

mattgus

[17]Mar 10, 2013
    i know people that have watched from the begining and are still very much in love with this series..i have season 1 on dvd and never watched it until just recently and now i'm addicted...it is deffinetly one of the best on tv..i am disabled with a clotting disorder so tv had become important in last several yrs...i have tried almost everything worth trying...alot of the cable programs i have found are far superior to the bradcast series,save a few...but you have to like a certain genre,not everybody likes everything just because it is popular or is even reallty good...ie i love shamless,but if you are easily offended you should not try it. this,walking dead,copper,and ripper st(both bbc america)braking bad,justified,the americans,doctor who and burn notice are a few good cable shows...most of the premium shows are worth the time...i like action,adventure,fantasy...the good wife elementry,supernatural and maybe bones although i'm bored with bones these days are the only broadcast i watch...if you like relationship stories mixed with crime and action soa will prob be worth a try at least...

mattgus

[18]Mar 10, 2013
    add...i would never trust the ratings ...there are creeps out there who rate low or high just because...remember this is the internet...nobody has to be responsible..it is too bad,but with this level of anonymity it is the way it is...