Sons of Anarchy Forums

FX (ended 2014)

What is this show about?

magnum007

[1]Sep 8, 2011
    • level: 1

First of all, this is not a hater post and I wanna apologize in front of all who really love this show. This is not intended to be an argument nor flame topic. If you enjoy this show, please just skip this topic because is not about you.

Ive had seen the first season of this show and I was wondering.. what is this all about. After the finale I said ok... this is some kind of drama show on 2 wheels. Excellent for kids and housewife's. Then it was the season 2 with more drama so I quit watching the show. Then I saw a lot of advertising about a show with bikers.. SoA - season 3. So I decided to give it a spin. And yet.. Im more confused.

Now, there is another show on Disney channel about a rock band called Iron Weasel and there is a lot of kids that love it. I wonder why SoA is not on Disney, why this show is taken so serious and most of all.. why is this show is called to be about MC's? Because I swear.. none of the crew of this show dont seemed to get even near of a rock show, not to mention a biker club. Except the outfit, they have all got it wrong. And being a biker is not all about having a HD and a leather jacket with some print on it...

Im in Europe and never saw nor visited US. All I know about US MC's is HA that is a legend all over the world, a gang of outlaws whom you really wanna avoid to be near. If SoA is trying to tell me that the US Mc's are like in SoA.. it seems like we all had this wrong in Europe and actually the bikers in US are some kinda pussy's with heart and feelings? And they listen Michael Bolton instead of some hardcore stuff? Not to mention that.. they are banned to use the F word? I mean.. c'mon.. is this really a show about the US bikers? Is how the US bikers looks like? Gentleman's, full of feelings and dramas, playing Boltons's music? If this is the real US MC's image, then I have to say that I'm disappointed and we need to reconsider to take US as being a center of the MC movement.

Gladly there is still some hardcore movement in US and these guys are low on radar. The whole US show biz is all about money, is why guys like Anselmo are having much more joy playing in UK and Europe. Even if SoA has nothing to do with reality, I would never be a member to such a pussy gang in EU. Never ever an EU biker would be a member of a pussy band like SoA, so for someone being in the business this show is a sacrilege.

Again... this topic is not intend to be a hit on those who love this show! I respect everybody who watch and love the show, all my questions are for the producers and the crew. Even more.. for the US MC's gangs.. but Im sure they dont watch such a lame show like this. Not to mention the fact that an afro american MC gang is just weird. Nothing to do with racism, but with reality. They love the big black SUV's, not some skiny 2 wheels.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jemadari

[2]Sep 8, 2011
    • level: 12

First, I know nothing about MC clubs or gangs(which seems to be more your focus)

It was said in the beginning that this show was to be based on Hamlet and not necessarily a depiction of hardcore MC life as evidenced by the many family centered storylines as for the lack of profanity,you know theres only so far they can go on a basic cable network

I dont know anyway to phrase this this doesn't make me sound like a jerk(just know that is not my intention)but you mention them having feelings and being gentlemen so i'm wondering in the gangs that you are personally familiar with are the members just wanton savages who live only to cause mayhem with every waking moment and completely abandon the principle of civility for the sole sake of being outlaws

And one final thing I may not know much personally about MC gangs but I know a thing or two about african american gangs and I'm curious how someone who has never been here can so confidently state that they love big black SUV's

Maybe US MC gangs aren't fit to lick they're euro counterparts boots or maybe they would use them for currency on the prison yard completely unabated but at the end of the day scripted US tv shows are not meant to be documentaries on US life

You don't respect the show as an honest depiction of a subject upon which you are personally familiar which is often the way it goes, Doctors don't like Grey's Anatomy and Cops dont like most cop shows,but I do have a question are bikers really that concerned with going to rock shows and listening to a specific kind of music,to me it just seems like trying too hard,I mean as long as you're with like minded people getting tax free dollars, pounds, euros...etc then rest seems kinda moot

magnum007

[3]Sep 9, 2011
    • level: 1
    Hi Jemadari, thanks for posting and most of all for understanding that Im not hunting a hate topic. To be honest, Im scared to post details. Im not a gang member and I dont intend to be one. But Im deep in the rock movement and being so, I had meet a lot of bikers. And these guys are built for pain :/ Its a very different world compared to the ones from SoA. Usually when you have news that bikers joined the show.. you flee.. for your own safety. I really dont wanna say much more as I dont wanna have trouble, even if I use a general nickname. And this is not about uncle Fred riding a bike .. no wonder that the real biker will not post about SoA. At leat the ones from EU.

All I wanna say is that this show is wrong. I think the only real thing in this show is are the .. ladies. A biker lady is really as is Gemma in this show. She can forgive, but she can cause a lot of pain. Stay safe, have fun.