Sons of Anarchy

NS

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Nov 30, 2010 on FX

7.4
  • I just couldn't have imagined any greater finale for this awesome show: Let me put it in one word: Epic!

After this episode it should be clear beyond any shadow of a doubt: Sons of Anarchy has become one the most innovative and well-crafted TV dramas of the last 10 years: Right from the very beginning it has been bold, honest and it does not back away from killing off main characters if the logic of the show's premise calls for it. (Tara might be an exeption from the rule)
    This finale tied up a lot of loose ends very well, one of them originating in season one: Opie taking revenge while simultaneously carrying out Jax's master plan was a moment bursting with poetic justice - I was shocked and deeply satisfied at the same time.
    When everyone inside the van started laughing I just kept on smirking for at least five more minutes: This show has become on of my all-time favorites next to Dexter and Californication - waiting for season four is gonna feel like ages to me!!!
  • A strong end to a weak season.

I've watched this season just to see what happens, but it's really not been that exciting overall, there's been a couple of good episodes but on the whole it's been a bit average. However, the finale was top draw with twists, turns and unexpected happenings in abundance.

Overall a perfect way to end the season, and I'm not sad it's finished but I'm glad it ended so well.

It'll be interesting to see how they play the next season, will it start after their time in prison or will it be centered around their time in prison, the later could be really interesting if you ask me.
  • The Best Season Finale of any show in YEARS!

What a more perfect way to give a season finale. Bravo to the writers! I will not say too much in this review as it has not aired on the west coast US as of the time of this writing. Rest assured you will be on the edge of your seat through-out and will also get a few answers to some less than obvious questions. The ending is justifiable and brings about several emotions as events unfold. I am already "chomping at the bit" waiting for next season. (Rumor has it, 2011 season will be the final season..."Say it isn't so Joe!")
  • I could not expect a better finale! I basically signed up to TV.com just to rate this episode!

When watching the show i was getting bees in my stomach that means that the show captured my emotions soo much that i felt like i am a part of it.
    Cant wait for season 4!!!

The twist wasnt obvious like in so many other shows, it has been kept so believable that nothing could have possibly surprise me more than the club knowing about the whole thing! To the writers: Brilliant job!
    To the actors: Brilliantly executed!

I really think that this episode should have been given a 10 by everybody, no other number would cut it!

Guys keep up the great work especially that there is more and more very crappy shows out there, SOA outshines them all.

Alex
  • ...god! ( Spoilers )

First: To the first dude that review the episode. Kurt Sutter had a 7 seasons plan for SOA, and the ratings are awesome for FX, so...so far they will be having the 7 seasons Sutter wants.

This season finale was awesome, I feel like I have to lower the rating of June Weeding, which was awesome, to make justice for this episode. It tied a lot of loose ends, even from season 1, in a way which might be a little predictable, but it was perfect.
    This episode had me on the edge of my seat all the episode, but then the dominoes started falling with the longest version of "Hey Hey My My" you'll ever heard, and I just sat there smiling watching perfection. A perfect end to a so-so season.

Like in a heist show, we thought it was option A or B. Jax giving Jimmy to Stahl and the IRA guys, and for that getting in trouble with SAMCRO and the IRA, but getting Gemma free and lower the jail time of SAMCRO, or Option B, killing Jimmy, stoping the deal with Stahl, making Gemma go to jail, and the gang getting a full conviction.

It was option C...SAMCRO knew about the deal...and in the end everyone got his sweet sweet revenge.

I'm just sad Stahl had to go :( She was doing a great job in the show, but this is SOA, anything can happen.

I can't wait to season 4, and what would probably be, 10 episodes of Tara hiding the letters from Jax. I have a feeling this is going to be Clay's last season.

EDIT: stop downvoting the episode you lifeless piece of crap. When I started writting the episode, it had a 9.8 with 37 votes. Now a 9.4 with 43 votes...6 people decide to enter to vote a 1? I don't think so.
  • Best episode of the season!

Fantastic episode - except for the soundtrack - yuck! Terrible tunes, and way too much of them. The score in the first season cooked! This season's score was uneven at best. Episode had plenty of action. The storyline moved along well and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. One thing about the chase scene though: all that shooting and nobody hit? Could have at least grazed a few people. Guest appearance by Hell's Angel Sonny Barger was a real treat. Great ending, tied up most of the loose ends. The characters of Jax and Tara have really matured in this season, setting the scene for royal succession, maybe in the next season. Can't wait.
  • Returning to its roots, great move!

I had actually intended to stop watching SOA and would have done so if it had not been for the cliffhanger episode a few weeks ago that left us wondering if Tara had been murdered. Since then it really picked up in gear and I'm glad now I stuck with it just to see this finale.
    I'm glad to finally see the end of the Belfast/Jimmy storyline, which is weird considering I am from Northern Ireland and a a huge Titus Welliver fan. The Belfast scenes irritated me because having lived there for many years they were mostly unbelievable. Not just the dodgy accents and fake scenes (sunny California on a dull blue-grey tone of film with the monitor brightness turned down ... we certainly have less sun here but it's not Alaska!) but even the behaviour and dialogue seemed bizarre. So for me this series really improved when the gang got back to Charming.
    One of the things I really liked about the first and second series was this ongoing internal conflict in Jax between his current life with his club, mother and stepfather, and the memoirs of his real father John which revealed a critique of the club and his vision for change. The presence of a moral dilemma amidst a sea of criminal violence made Jax more likeable. This third series had neglected that aspect in favour of a more Sopranos-style gang activity with Jax fully united with SAMCRO to rescue his son. I was so glad to see the ghost of John Teller begin to reappear, first in Belfast with the humble Maureen and her hints of the 'real John', and then in this finale where we are now getting a confirmation of what has long been suspected: that Clay and possibly Gemma together plotted his death. This is quite believable when you look back at the harder Gemma of the first series, and who at one point in the earlier series actually seems to accept the death of her own son in favour of the club. (I'd need to rewatch to be sure of this, but it's certainly the impression I got..). I loved that final shot of Jax on one side of the van and all the other SAMCRO 'sons' on the other, reminding us that Jackson is still at heart not 100% aligned with them, the ghost of his father will keep reappearing to prevent that. I guess I will, after all, be tuning into Series 4. What a difference a few weeks makes! :-)
  • Great Finale

I saw this episode on www.plentyoftorrents.com

Cant wait for season 4!!!

To the actors: Brilliantly executed!

Alex