Sons of Anarchy

The Revelator

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Nov 26, 2008 on FX

7.2
  • With the death of Opie's wife things are still not in order as some members go chasing to find the killers. Knowing that Opie is not the rat, other members search desperately for the witness to the shooting.

When I started watching this show, I didn't really know how to feel. I wanted to give it a chance and so I continued watching but never really felt like it took off. There were small things that kept bugging me and I'm not a biker and I questioned why I even watched the show in the beginning. I think it was just angst at no longer being able to watch The Shield.

Truth be told, though, after this last episode... I am amped to see what happens next. This episode had one of the best cliffhangers I've seen.

This episode starts to hone in on the original ideology of the Sons of Anarchy and turns the ideology into a character.

For the first time in the series, Jaxhas open defiance to Clay. He is no longer Clay's subordinate but in a new way has become his equal... his challenger.

We're shown that some time soon, past transgressions are going to come to light and there will be a challenge between Jax and Clay. It will be an interesting dynamic to see.

Soon the members of the Sons of Anarchy are going to have to choose a side.

I, for one, am expecting big things with the next season to Sons of Anarchy. I will be disappointed if they take a step back after taking such a bold leap forward. They've led us to a climactic arc and I can't wait to see the fun that happens next.

As an interesting side note to this episode... the song at the end is John the Revelator covered by Curtis Stiger & The Forest Rangers. John the Revelator refers to the author of the Book of Revelations from the Bible.

In the episode, Jax falls asleep at a tomb and above it is chiseled Patmos. John that wrote the Book of Revelations is also known as John of Patmos.

I'm excited for next season!