Sons of Thunder Forums

CBS (ended 1999)

Name?

scc1fan

[1]Jun 18, 2006
    • level: 51

Okay, so I've never actually seen any episodes, but I watched Trent and Carlos on Walker, Texas Ranger.  I've never really though anything about the name of the show, except that Trent was Thunder Malloy's son. 

Then, I heard my pastor preaching on the apostles, James and John, and he mentioned their nickname were "The Sons of Thunder"*.  I had forgotten that, but now I'm thinking--do you think that's where the name for the show came from?

Kas

*"And James the son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James; and he surnamed them Boanerges, which is, The sons of thunder:"  (Mark 3:17) (KJV)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

badsanta2007

[2]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 5
    the name probablly came from Trent´s pops Thunder

TripLikeIDo69

[3]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 4
    I've never seen the show either and I've seen them on Walker. I thought the name came from the two boys, Trent & Tommy Malloy, since I seen the younger brother was on there too. But the episode on Walker that introduced them was named 'Sons of Thunder' and that was supposed to be like a pre-pilot type of thing. So maybe they just took it from that.

big_edna

[4]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 4
    I'm sure the phrase "Sons of Thunder" is a reference to the Bible, especially given that Thunder Malloy was a preacher. However it kind of takes on a new context with Carlos and Trent opening Thunder Investigations. By the by, there are actually THREE Malloy boys; Trent and Tommy have two little siblings, Taylor and Tandy.

And that concludes my useless thoughts for the day.