Sons of Tucson Forums

FOX (ended 2010)

Sadly, just announced it's canceled!

CinnaBlaze

[1]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 6

TVGuide.com announced that FOX canceled the show already! I can't believe after only what, 3 episodes, they cancel it? It was a refreshing concept for a show and so far offered real promise....it was funny and it had such potential for many different directions with the story line! Oh well, typical of these networks now a days, they don't advertise enough for certain shows and then when it doesn't draw a million viewers after 3 episodes they pull the plug Money mouth Here is the link to the article if interested:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Sons-Tucson-Canceled-1016946.aspx

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 22

Too early, but not surprised at all. New show on a Sunday after a canceled 'Til Death, they did not had to much faith in it.

Edited on 04/06/2010 9:34am

supernatural14

[3]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 9

This sucks! I loved this show!! It was witty and entertaining. It's no wonder it didn't make it, because it was sandwiched in with cartoons and it was on a Sunday. This is so sad ;(

TudorRose

[4]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 14

I'm glad that means American Dad is back.

Yaspaa

[5]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 79
    The remaining episodes will air in June.

shawn701

[6]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 1

this is bull, "Sons of Tuscon" was like the off spring of Malcolm in the Middle; except there is no Lois or Francis. The Plot e was twisted and could have taken a pretty nice turn. Im not sure if Im the only one but I was wondering who they'd cast to play the "jailbird" father, Robert de niro?

assenzaforzata

[7]Apr 12, 2010

Great show, should have been on another network.

Well, FOX has proven once again that it is run by moronic idiots...boohoo, what a surprise.

holgatej77

[8]Apr 13, 2010

supernatural14 wrote:

This sucks! I loved this show!! It was witty and entertaining. It's no wonder it didn't make it, because it was sandwiched in with cartoons and it was on a Sunday. This is so sad ;(

haldrey wrote:

Too early, but not surprised at all. New show on a Sunday after a canceled 'Til Death, they did not had to much faith in it.

Dude, this is Fox's strongest night for a show like this. If they thought it didn't work with the strong lead-in of Animation Domination, they think it's not going to work anywhere/any time. Having said that, I think they put WAY too much stock in Animation Domination. They've basically let Seth MacFarlane run Sunday nights. Family Guy and American Dad! work pretty well, but The Cleveland Show basically sucks. It just seems like such a rehash. I watch it cause I have nothing better to do. And Arianna Huffington is freakin' hilarious...
    TudorRose wrote:

I'm glad that means American Dad is back.

Me too, but I'd rather Sons had done well on Sunday and then traveled well (to either 7:30 or another night that would be equally suited...)

DOMOJITA

[9]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 18
    this was a good show to bad it had to go.

numberonecubsfa

[10]Apr 18, 2010
    So PISSED! This is ridiculous. Every show on tv that has actual promise and isn't the same brand of laugh track idiocy gets canceled! I hate this

EverteMax

[11]May 5, 2010
    • level: 12
    Is the show that bad that Fox didn't even wait for the ratings to stabilize?

DONCELLA444

[12]May 19, 2010
    • level: 2
    I wish they would Bring it back. It was funny.

Mr_Angelus

[13]May 22, 2010
    • level: 13

C'mon Fox - what's up with you?

lildoogood

[14]May 30, 2010

I think not It is coming back onTVon the 6th it shows it on my dish networkTVguide and it shows it for the next two weeks we might just see a second season stupid fox just don't wait for ratings to boost once a few shows are show and no ratings increase fox drops it we need to support the show it is probably the best show on fox right now lol except for animation domination

Peeptoad

[15]May 31, 2010

lildoogood wrote:

I think not It is coming back onTVon the 6th it shows it on my dish networkTVguide and it shows it for the next two weeks we might just see a second season stupid fox just don't wait for ratings to boost once a few shows are show and no ratings increase fox drops it we need to support the show it is probably the best show on fox right now lol except for animation domination

Fox is dumping the remaining 9 episodes in the 7:30PM time slot on Sundays from 6/6/10-8/1/10 as a lead in to the Animation Domination summer reruns. The show IS confirmed as canceled and will not have a second season, once these 9 episodes end the show is over.

As for it being the best show on Fox... you're so wrong it isn't even funny. I believe House is their highest rated show, and rightly so, and I also quite liked Human Target, which is getting a second season. The Good Guys also looks promising from the previews, but I haven't seen the pilot of that yet. While I did like Sons of Tucson, mostly for Tyler Labine, it really doesn't seem to have much staying power. Labine's character is basically identical to his character on Reaper, and the show seems to just be recycling a similar plot every episode. You also have to consider that Fox put the show in a terrible time slot to begin with. No live action sitcom has ever done will on Fox during Sunday prime time, just look at Seth MacFarlane's 'The Winner', it was canned after 6 episodes. I suppose they call their Sunday block 'Animation Domination' for a reason... Just be happy that Sons of Tucson is getting a full 13 episode season, which means it will likely get a DVD release.

hueyf

[16]Jun 7, 2010

They put on FOX on a Sunday with the simpsons and all of seth mcfarlane shows. I knew it was going to fail even if it was new series that was original. FOX has the most canceled shows of any other network

haldrey

[17]Jul 9, 2010
    • level: 22
    I said before that the cancellation came to early and it did. The improvement during the last episodes is tenfold.

thatmonkey

[18]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 10

No disrepect to the fans, but I can't say I was over impressed. I watched every episode and although I had some big laughs, there wee time it was a tough watch and I guess overall I felt like that show just wasn't complete. I have been a TL fan for a while now. I loved him on Kevin Hill, followed him to invasion and considered him the new Jack Black after watching how he carried Reaper on his back.

He's a true talent and I hope to see him in another show that can truly expose him to a greater audiance. Sorry for your loss, we all know what it's like to lose a good show.

Just_Jos

[19]Jul 26, 2010
    • level: 11

^Yep, Tyler is pretty funny.

Speaking of which, he is about to star in a new CBS sitcom, "Mad Love" with Sarah Chalke and Jason Biggs, premiering in the mid-season.

Sad to see "Sons of Tucson" go, But it just wasn't a hit with the viewers.

Edited on 07/26/2010 11:35am

Crash6

[20]Aug 1, 2010

Yea what a surprise....Fox bailing on another great show once again...........This show coulda been the new Loop. Maybe strong DVD sales could make them reconsider.......