Soul Eater

800 Years of Bloodlust — Advent of the Heretic Witch?

Aired Monday 6:00 PM Oct 06, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• Slow down will ya!

It's great that a lot of things are happening all at once, but then again it may not also be the greatest thing. We were already introduced to a huge nemesis in the Kishin upon his revival, and then that caused a domino effect where it revied Medusa's sister, Arachne. Justin Law's fight with Giriko was pretty entertaining though, but it's disappointing that none of these fights so far even come close to the creativity of the fight between Stein and Medusa. The concepts behind their techniques, like Giriko's saws, is pretty creative, but along with some skull bashing, you'd want to see some smart tactical stuff going on too.
  • I enjoyed it!

At first, I had my doubts about this arc. I mean, Soul Eater had rally set the bar for me with the Kinshin Revial arc. It was just so good! This arc is picking up. I will give it that. I enjoyed the classic Soul Eater actiony comedy. I love how Chrona is developing...She seems to be coping well anyways. Also, Soul, yeah, he's about to go into a fit of something. He was sitting there beign envyous of the non-meiser weapons. I hope he doesn't try to go solo. That wouldn't be fun at all. Speaking of the non-meiser weapons, Justin was pretty sweet! He fights with the power of prayer. I can see him becoming a favorite character, especially since he is a hardcore music lover! The saw dude was interesting as well. He's kind of a classic bad-guy but I can dig it. Oh! Arachne and Medusa are sisters... Just when i thoguht we finally got rid of that annoying witch, he sister shows up. Curse them adn their mythology based names!