Soul Eater

Legend of the Holy Sword 3 — The Academy Gang Leader's Tale?

Aired Monday 6:00 PM Nov 10, 2008 on TV Tokyo

• Taking a break from all the big action is no crime at all.

To me I think Excalibur episodes are a great comic relief to all the action taking place in the show. I find it absolutely hilarious and Excalibur though he is annoying, is "piss your pants" funny. This is actually not a filler and does happen in the manga. I like the randomness of the episode with pretty awesome light heart action to boot. I also love the different reactions to most of the characters. My favorite part is the montage of the different tasks. Like I said it's a brief break from all the big action and it's a nice treat to boot. Unlike Naruto where the fillers (even though this episode was not a filler) drags on.
  • You have got to be kidding me.

I thought Soul Eater would capitalize on the momentum it was building up. Nope, instead they throw us another terrible and extremely irritating episode concerning the self centered and narcist Excalibur. At least this time around, a person was able to tolerate all of his annoying tales and decided to challenge the three strongest meisters in Shibusan. After proving himself, the second half of the episode goes through the 1000 tasks that Hiro has to complete in order to have Excalibur. I thought the first half was at least promising; Excalibur is a strong sword afterall, and maybe Hiro will make use of him. Nope, he just gets annoying and annoying and annoying. It is just unbearable.