South Park

Ass Burgers (2)

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 05, 2011 on Comedy Central

• I would like to ask you all, please don't just disregard this review because I gave it a 5 - read it first and then disagree if you don't like what I'm saying.

Now, I don't usually write reviews on TV.com, but I felt it was necessary to comment here. I would like to start off in saying that I am a HUGE South Park fan. Virtually everything that Trey and Matt put out there (except for a select few episodes), I enjoy watching. However, I was not the happy about "Ass Burgers".

Don't get me wrong - I understand the genius-nature of this episode. Matt and Trey are geniuses themselves, and everything they write is carefully thought through before its release. But while I do understand why this episode is so smart, I just don't enjoy the dramatic nature of it. When I watch South Park, I want to watch hilarious, current events-bashing comedy. I want to see Cartman's racism, criticism of people/stories in the news, the stupidity of the adults in South Park when only the children seem to understand something, etc. I just didn't enjoy feeling depressed by a South Park episode - it was okay the first time (You're Getting Old), but I just feel that two times is one time too many.

I hope that South Park returns to some sort of form next week, without Stan needing to take a drink every time he wants to enjoy something - that's just plain depressing.