South Park

Ass Burgers (2)

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 05, 2011 on Comedy Central

• It has little more humor and a little less of the dramatics compared Your Getting Old, but maybe that's what made went wrong.

First of all, don't walk away thinking that this is a BAD episode, it's actually a great one. But, compared to Your Getting Old, it wasn't anywhere near as good.

In Your Getting Old, they set us up for a big turn in events that will create a major struggle for the characters but in Ass Burgers, it's not neccissarrily swept under the rug but instead they take a lot of the seriousness from the previous episode and turn it into a joke. Granted, it is a comedy series and that means it should be funny but even comedies need a little drama sometimes and when we were told that we're going to get drama in this episode and instead got comedy its like being told your getting a blueberry cobbler and instead getting cake. Both are amazing but you still feel a little mad about not getting what they promised you, espicially considering it was their plan the whole time.

Of course, I'm just pointing out the flaws. Their is plenty of good comedy in here, and their is some character development going on. I'm hoping that they can finish Stan's problem with a bit of seriousness (don't get me wrong, I want comedy in it too, something more along the lines of Your Getting Old). But, you can't always have your cake and eat it too (although I never really got that saying. If you have a cake your probably going to eat it theirs not that much else to do with a cake unless your a stripper maybe then you could hop out of it I guess).