South Park

Ass Burgers (2)

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 05, 2011 on Comedy Central

• Apparently the first alcoholic to post

This episode was sadly funny for those of us who actually are alcoholic. It was spot on, biting humor that directly reflected what addiction is and the reasons behind it. Naturally, that kind of thing goes over most people's heads (Especially since every teenager and frat boy who can hold down 4 beers decided to start calling themselves an 'alcoholic'). I don't know if matt or trey have been down that road, but i can guarantee someone involved in the writing of this shit has.

that's also why this episode is brilliant. they took a humorous look at what many of us cowardly refer to as a disease (i disagree, for personal reasons). they also left that aspect of the episode as a sidenote, filling the rest of the screentime with their usual antics all while simultaneously exploring the causes, results and implications of dramatic changes. plus i think they hit some other issues that i forgot.

the point is, these guys managed to find humor - true humor - in some of the most depressing subjects of day to day life. for that, i give them kudos.