South Park

Butters' Very Own Episode

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Dec 12, 2001 on Comedy Central

• Butters character gets unleashed in a big way with... you guessed it, Butters Very Own Episode!

Looking back at Butters I always thought he had so much potential to be a really great character. I think in the earlier seasons outside the core 4 boys they used Pip but he was never really great.

In Two Guys Naked In A Hottub Butters was great and it was the first real chance his character got. But this episode was really thebig break for Butters cos after this he features heavily and get's more air time outside of Kyle, Cartman, Stan & Kenny.

As far as the episode goes it was really good. I loved how Butters followed his dad Chris and ended up tracking him down to a gay men's bath house. Then his mum Linda going crazy and painting everything.

The poarents discription of the man who kidnapped Butters "Some Puerto Rican Guy" was hillarious. And Butters trying to make his way back to South Park was also good.

Overall a great episode and one of my personal favourites because it really kicked thinsg off for Butters. It even had a nice moral to the story at the end about lying... what more could you want!

9.9/10