South Park

Canceled

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 19, 2003 on Comedy Central

• This is one of my favourite South Park episodes. "Cancelled" tries at first to make a remake of the very first "South Park"-episode, but then they twist it, so that it all the whole episode turns out to be revealed that Earth is a reality-show.

Though the show ends with that no one learns anything (I.E. erased memories), then it is still a cool episode. But what I love most of the episode is the references to all the pop-culture. They make fun of Jeff Goldblums character in "Independence Day" and i think for the 4th time make fun of the Movie "Contact", where they never show the alien, because it takes human form. Also the reference to "The Dukes of Hazzard" is cool.
    But the coolest reference, though not intently, is the reference to the Danish Horror/monster cult-movie "Reptilicus" from 1961. When the big wrecking-ball-spaceships come to smash earth, then they show footage of people running over a bridge. That footage is from Copenhagen. I really enjoyed, when i found out about it. I love when such cult and esoteric pop-culture gets a place in mainstream culture.
Pee