South Park

Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut (2)

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 22, 1998 on Comedy Central

• eric cartman's father is-

Mephisto is about to reveal what we all want to know; who Cartman's dad is. But he is shot at the last minute, and then a bunch of crazy stuff happens. All Cartman wants to know is who his dad is. At the end of the episode it is revealed to be his mom; his mom, Liane, was born a hermaphrodite, meaning she has both male and female body parts. Good episode and good conclusion to the first season finale. It kept me interested throughout. Only negative thing was the announcer asking the questions got really old, but it was overall a good episode. Easy A+
  • Cartman's Mom Is Still A Dirty Slut

So, we finally get to know who in God's name is that bloody father of fat ass Eric Cartman. I will not reveal who the father is because that will spoil the informational episode for you... but all I will tell you is that it is silly and dissapointing.
    So, usually in the normal SP episodes you get a fixed plot, or otherwise it is just a stable story that turns into a dumb wild adventurous war with guns and boring machines that doesn't entertain the viewers. South Park can be interesting sometimes, with a fixed plot. Just not this time.
  • Warning: Contains spoilers.

Finally, we get to find out who's Cartman's father is. But, after finding out this shocking secret of who's Cartman father is which I will explain later in the review, who is his mother? Maybe there will be an episode about that, someday. But for now, here's the sequel. This episode was hilarious, but I disliked how we waited until the end of the episode through a lot of random acts for this to happen. I mean, why would a generator be outside a hospital? Who has to go through all that in reality?

After a long wait, we discover Cartman's father is his mother. But who is his mother? During this, they had to discover it by bringing the man who will tell the secret even though he had a paper with the answer I think, staying alive.

This episode was good, but not great.
  • The conclusion of Cartman's father is revealed!

Ok, this was a good episode after the disappointing season 2 opener. However....

I think they quite ruined the storyline for me. Before, it was about Cartman's father, then it became a Mephisto episode. they couldn't think of anything that could finish the interesting plot-wise parters.

Either way, this episode continued the conclusions and drama added from part 1. Which is good atleast they kept that in.

For the humor. Great, but seriously. It was not as good as the first part's humour.

I'm going to answer this question, its a good episode, worth your time and has historical moments. But please, if they could finish the parters a different way I'm guessing it would be already better.
  • the father of carman is a woman

Thia epi is so crazy the town is tranped in a house with a storm of snow outside so the can not scape and then they begun to eat each other they ate like 4 person and all of they were super stars of tv,muvies andmusic,and the best paar how is the carman father i did not understat it well but the old man said that was the gfathe of carman was an other WOMAN.Ok everything has a limit but this show does now the limit of it.i love to the death of kenny he was eaten by a velociraptor like jurasic parck i think so.well the think is that i hope that carman one day meet his father second mothr or whatevery his father is.I undestan that the mother of carman wa lesbian .Gosh and she slept with almans in the town that is crazy.ha ha ha fot that is the reason why we love some much south park XD.
  • Well, at least we found out who Cartman's father is.

This episode is one of my Season 2 favourites. The storyline is good with Mephesto getting shot before he could reveal who Cartman's father is. The boys and Chef take him to the hospital, where it is revealed that Cartman can't hear the start of Styx's "I'm Sailing Away" without having to finish it. Then the doctor goes, Mephesto will be fine unless the power goes out, which of course it does. The whole episode was fairly solid with a shocking finish. Who'd have thought that Cartman's mum was actually his dad? I'm just hoping we find out one day who his mother is.
  • Eric Roberts in a doggie bag

My god, this episode was a disappointment when it first came out. It’s no wonder the show’s popularity dropped after this. The episode itself wasn’t awful, but the wait and the hype really destroyed it. This episode was hyped for five weeks, but when it premiered it crippled a great deal of the popularity the show had made for itself in the first season. Not only was this episode massively hyped, but the revelation about Cartman’s father at the end of the episode was just another cheap contrivance to give mystique to Cartman’s lineage (and it’s no surprise that Miss Cartman’s dirty secret is never mentioned again). Still, though, the Eric Roberts jokes are hilarious.
  • This is a true South Park episode.

This is one of those South Park episodes that you absolutely can't stop watching when it comes on TV. Unlike the episodes nowadays that everyone thinks are so good (which are actually really bad), this shows how good South Park is at random and absurdist humour.

The best part of the episode is when the doctor splits everyone up into Team A and Team B, and everyone but Kenny is Team A. And the veloceraptors and pteridactyls on his journey - hilarious. How could anyone have thought of making Cartman's mom his dad? That's pure genious brilliance. If only South Park could come back to this type of humour rather than boring over-political episodes that are made only to get ratings.
  • Hmmm. That's a good question, Mayor. Let me get right on that, with thinking.

In this episode the boys bring Mephisto to the Hospital because he was shot, also Cartman has to sing a Styx song and he must know who his dad is. And Miss Cartman tries to get an Abortion on Cartman and sleeps with many Politicans untill discovering she meant adoption... who is Cartmans father, Miss Cartman is because she was a Hermaphadyte, they have both genitalia. Funny episode.
  • Cartman FINALLY finds out who his "dad" is.

This episode was long awaited and it definately lived up to all of its hype. The episode was down right helarious and the they kept you waiting until the very end to learn the actual revelation of who Cartman's father is. Some of the funniest parts are when the voice says "Who is Eric Cartman's father? Is it...Jimbo? or Ned....Or could it be Officer Barbrady?" Then the voice says things like "Who shot Mephesto?......" It is just very funny. It is also good when the doctor forms the teams and puts everyone on Team A and says, "Team B will consist of Kenny." Great job with this one. Excellent.
  • Who is Eric Cartman's father? Is it, Jimbo? Or is it Ned? Or is it Dr. Mephisto or his little monkey guy? Or is it Mr. Garrison?

Dr. Mephisto is about to say who Cartmans dad is when he gets shot. The boys and Chef take him to the hospital. The Mayor, Officer Barbrady, a guy from America's Most Wanted, and some others are stuck in Dr. Mephisto's lab thanks to a snow storm. At the hospital, the power goes out and Kenny manages to bring it back, turning him into a big frozen "freezy pop." At Dr. Mephisto's lab, the people of South Park kill and eat the camera people. The storm lets up and they say they will never talk about it again. Dr. Mephisto lives and reveals who Cartmans father is. It is.... Liane Cartman (Cartman's mom.) Liane says she is sorry for not telling Cartman and then Cartman asks, "Who's my mom?" This is a funny episode with lots of funny parts like when the doctor, Chef, the nurse, Stan, Kyle, and Cartman are Team A and Kenny is Team B. Watch it!
  • Cartman's father is....

His own mother! It appears that his mother has a "thingy" and got another women to have Cartman, so now the real question is: Who's Cartman's mother? But Cartman says: "Screw it!" Plus the whole "Alive" paradoy was great and I hope one day Matt and Trey will reveal Cartman's mother ot us.
  • Very funny show again!

Again this is a very funny show as Cartman finds
    Out who his "father" is and finds out that his
    Mom and "Dad" are the same person. We find out
    Kenny comes back like a ghost as if the kids
    Don't cry for his "death" after "death of many shows but
    This show is totally off the wall!
  • Cartman wants to discover who his father is...

Many were disappointed with this episode but I was not. The hermaphrodite thing was priceless. My friend and I were laughing our asses off at the part where they completely set Kenny up for death by him going through sewage, facing velociraptors, and having the possiblility of getting electricuted, while Team A (everyone else) sits in a heated room drinking cocoa and watching television. Great episode...
  • Not as good as i thought

Basically this episode continues the season finale "Cartmans Mom IS a Dirty Sult" - but a plot twist where the doctor gets shot and the power goes out in South Park and they're desperate to save the doctor's life so Cartman can find his father's identity. I won't spoil the story, but I have to say that the episode isn't that awesome. The ending sucks, and I won't say anymore cuz I'll get sued by the writers...
  • Very dissapointing!

4.1
    The whole mystery of who Cartman's father was turned out to be one massive flop! If he had a real father then the show could have gone in several different directions. But it wasn't to be and the show went back to normal quickly enough.

The cannabal storyline with the South Park people resorting to eating the producers, camera crew and Eric Roberts saved this episode from total embarressment.
  • Mr.Mackey on drugs, Classic

Mr. Mackey was so funny. 'Now as I was saying uh drugs are bayd. You shouldn't do drugs because if you do, your bayd. So don't be bayd, by doing drugs which is bayd ok. uh drugs are bayd'. Personally I think the Kenny death was a bit half hearted as it could have happened to anyone. The fake Ike death was alot better and a hundred times funnier as it just got more and more ruthless and gorery which made up for it. Mr. Mackey on drugs and saying man and dude all the time and sounding like a hippy had me laughing for ages. The rest was pretty average though
  • In the second part to the last seasons finale, Cartman is waiting to find out who is father is when Mephisto is shot by an unknown gunman. The boys and Chef rush him to the hospital during a snow-storm in an attempt to save his life.

This episode was one that disappointed many fans of the show. It wasn't the greatest idea for Matt and Trey to do, since the show had just begun, and after building a firm fan base, the April Fool's joke that the two set up on viewers was a downfall. Comedy Central received angry messages in response, and the pair admitted to the mistake and said they wouldn't be trying that again.

This episode seemed like a forced one; almost as if the creators had no intention of ever revealing Cartmans father's identity. When they were forced with the task, it came out as a poorly planned bizarre storyline. Making Cartmans dad his mother was just stupid...it brought up far too many questions rather than answering any; I think that's where the frustration of fans came from. It just didn't seem like the plot really had the heart of the guys in it when they made it, and the overall product reflected that.