South Park

Chef Aid

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 07, 1998 on Comedy Central

• I AM ABOVE THE LAW!

Chef aid is a great episode that I just happened to see at 2:30 at night. In south park's syndicated version.
    Story: After a big song company plays the songs "stinky briches" chef says it's his song. Which it is. So the producer sues him. Chef almost wins if it weren't for the chewbacca defence.... So chef has to make 2000 dollers fast before they take him to jail. He tries numerous amount of ways, but then the kids get all the old singers that help chef in a funraiser. After that, chef wins.
    Bottom lline: A awesome episode. Five words. I am above the law!
  • Chef Aid

One of the memorable episodes, Chef Aid is a Season Two section where Chef (voiced by the singer - I can't remember what his name is but oh well) is sent to prison and the kids try to raise bail to get him out by gathering up lots of singers known by Chef bore to raise a concert to get the money for Chef to come out of jail and to make them food again.
    A good episode witha fresh plot, this episode is interesting :D Even if it can be boring and doesn't make you laugh out loud
    :) Okay episode.
  • A lot of guest stars

This episode struck me in a way. The whole "If Chef doesn't come up with the $2 million, then he will go to jail, for 8 million years!!" was hilarious and the record producer guy was just plain evil. I liked Johnny Cochran in this episode, that guy really can work miracles. It was interesting to see how Chef had affected these people's lives ableit just in a cartoon. The side story of Mr Garrison's puppet face-off was a bsolutely hilarious, that Mr. Hat is just plain evil. I had a good laugh at Elton John's lyrics beforehand and the fact that Meatloaf was called Cous-Cous.
  • This is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie.

This super-hyped episode was decent, but it really got repetitive at times, just exhibiting one band after another and ending with Kenny’s death as the ultra-predictable punch line. Chef-centered episodes never really do it for me, either (I think he’s a great supporting character). The subplot in which Mr. Twig is constantly beat up on by Mr. Hat is amusing, but not nearly what we’ve come to expect.
  • It's the Chewbacca Defense!

In this episode, Chef goes to Jail because of harrassing a Record Company who stole his song [that producer was a ****], and Mr Garrison deals with the loss of Mr Twig, and the return of Mr Hat. Good O.J. jokes, good music, good Grinch = Johnnie Cochran gags, good episode. Oh and we find out that Mr Hat is alive gotta say that... since I used up over 70 words, why not put in the entire "Chewbacca Defense" in here, I already wrote enough anyway?

"Johnny Cochran: Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, Chef's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Stinky Britches" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a wookie from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about that; that does not make sense! Gerald: Dammit!

Chef: What?

Gerald: He's using the Chewbacca Defense!

Johnny Cochran: Why would a wookie, an 8 foot tall wookie, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two foot tall ewoks? That does not make sense! But more importantly, you have to ask yourself, ‘what does that have to do with this case?' Nothing. Ladies and Gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case. It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."
  • Chef sues a company for ripping off his song, but is counter-sued and now has to get 1 million dollars, in 24 hours.

Chef sues a company, but they counter-sue. Chef has to get 1 million dollars in less than 24 hours. While he sleeps with women to get the money, the boys ask famous people that Chef knew. Will they be able to get the money? Watch and see! It's not the best episode ever, but it's pretty good for a Season 2 episode.
  • Johnny Cochrane, Chewbacca, Mr. Hat...

This episode is very good, with special appearances by a variety of famous musicians, Johnny Cochrane, Chewbacca, and... Mr Hat!!

Mr. Hat is discovered as the culprit behind all of the mysterious attacks on Mr. Twig. And in the end, Garrison chooses Mr. Hat. This is the beginning of his descent into self-actualization, wherein he will finally come out of the closet.

But that's later. For now we have one of the most hilarious segments from any South Park episode: the Chewbacca defense. This is a great bit. Comic gold.

Then there's Chef Aid. The special appearances by the bands are very entertaining, especially seeing Elton John sing songs about his "cheddar cheese girl" and Meat Loaf going by the name of CousCous.

A great episode.
  • It is time to raise awareness for Chef with Chef Aid!

I really really really liked this one although I missed it the first day it was aired. The spoof or parody if you will is about Live aid the concert event where numerous rock bands performed to raise awareness on poverty. This time however, we're raising awareness for Cehf because he is about to be arrested. No on Johnny Cochran's watch! Johnny uses his famosu Chewbacca defense to bail Chef out and the boys bring Elton John, Ozzy, and numerosu other stars to South Park. Fantastic episode and I was legitiamtely pissed off when I missed it the first time. Make sure YOU don't miss it.
  • Music stars save the show!

This was really nothing that big at all as the
    Big name stars like Elton John try to come to his
    Defense by raising $2 million and the record company decides
    To sue him over a song and that the kids try to help
    Out in anyway possible by hiring Johnnie Cochran to
    Take on the record industry!
  • Save Chef!

Let me just say first that this was much better than the special with the guest stars talking about how much Chef meant time them. (That was a waste of time!)

The star make this episode so fantastic. This is what happens now, when there is a good cause (this is quite minor compared to thers) Stars come together to raise money for a person or people in need.

I will never forget Johnny Corcran's chewbacca defence, its really hilarious.
  • Chef sues the record label for Alanis Morrisette's use of his song stinky britches. However the record label sues him and he is sent to jail. The kids and a few rock stars put on a show to get him out called Chef Aid.

Great episode, this one never gets old. Worth watching every time. A classic that everyone has seen. We see the rise of Mr. Hat and that maybe Mr. Garrisson is not crazy after all. We see why Chef always helps the children out and what chef did before he came to South Park.
  • CHEF AID 98!

I think that Chef Aid was clever because it had rock stars in cameos to help Chef out in his cause to get credit for "Stinky Britches". Chef hears Cartman singing a familar tune but he gets tossed from the record producer and actually plots to sue them but the defense has Johnnie Cochran. The Chewbacca defense has the kids reeling and they decide to sell candy bars to rock stars who knew Chef. CHef whores himself but can't come close to $2 million, so he's in jail while Chef Aid is going on. Cameos from people such as Ozzy, Primus, Elton John are plotted for the better.