South Park

Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Aug 19, 1998 on Comedy Central

• Crap Storm

This is a very good entry, there really isn't a whole lot to say, I really like how this episode parodies on how Hollywood seems more concerned about making more money than in the quality of their products, to me not every indie or mainstream film made is really great, sometimes I watch one or two that have had a certain amount of hype and I don't get what the big deal is, as Wendy said in the episode, some of the films suck.

It's just funny how Robert Redford and his Sundance Film Festival team are made out to be evil overlords and his motive for putting a film festival in South Park is to make it into another Holywood, just as he doesn't get to live in a quiet town nor will everyone else. Which of course is metaphor on the issue of Holywood monopolization.

I really like the sub plot with both Wendy and Stan which was the typical romance but I always like those stories because their both sweet and funny at the same time. It's funny that the film both are seeing all have to do with homosexual romance which is true most film festivals constist of those film. The funniest part was seeing both of them watch a movie on Gay Cowboys Eating Pudding what makes the more funny is the fact that was way before Brokeback Mountain was ever made. We see throughout the times together Stan has been trying to hold her hand but has been slightly reluctant but then Wendy takes his hand which was sweet, at least until he um tosses it twice on someone for the physical contact and the movie in general, yeah that's how I felt when watching the film "House of the Dead.

It was also funny the Mr. Hanky showed up once more, it's the one time he showed up when it wasn't Christmas time. I like that you sort of feel a little bad for this character because all the crap that the people are spewing down from the film festival is destroying his eco system; a sewer having an eco system, Mr. Hanky actually needing a clean enviorment to live in depite the fact he's a peace of crap himself (no pun intended) that's something else. That is pretty much another metaphor on Hollywood bring out just a bunch of crappy films they they hype up or invest in so much just to make more money when their actually a big piece of crap like "Prometheus", "The Lone Rainger", and the recent "Godzilla" movie how the hell did they screw that up. On a sidenote it was funny when Kyle mentioned the 90's version of "Godzilla" sucking, personally I liked it though yeah it could of been better.

And of course when Mr. Hanky is revived he then tries to say his piece, but of course Redford and the rest of the holywood people just chuck Mr. Hanky away almost killing him, and you know enough is enough. Mr. Hanky then summons all his magical powers which was an homage joke to the Sourcer's Aprentace short in "Fantasia, though also it could be to the parting of the red sea scene in "The Ten Comandments. I'll admit the scene is hillarously disgusting as we see Mr. Hanky raise a Crap Storm literally, just destroying the whole festival and drowning some of the Holywood people even Redford and his wife in crap; you could say it's kinda ironic as to who they all really are. And of course this makes Mr. Hanky triumph but of course the whole town is covered in crap so I'm not entirely sure what's worse, I'll admit one look at the aftermath makes me want to take a shower.

And of course the moments with chief are always great, I really like how many ball puns there really were about almost more than the SNL skit with Alec Balwin on Shweaty Balls. And I really like the song at the end credits on Chef's product which is funny and catchy. This episode is a tasty or tastless treat.
  • Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls

If you look at this episode's title it may seem very racist indeed but when you watch it it is not actually to do with Chef's skin colour but more about his recipes and Mr. Hankey the Christmas poo.
    An exciting and revealing episode of South Park Season 2 - this episode has scenes of actors, movies, Mr. Hankey, Chef and emotional scenes.
    I enjoyed this episode, though I cannot remember all of this treat but all I do remember is enjoying it... So I hope you do too.
    Mr. Hankey the Christmas poo - He loves me, I love you...
    ;D Good episode.
  • Hooray, a Chef episode!

I enjoyed this episode. It makes me want to re-watch this episode. Because it was good.

Humour: Excellant: This was gold of this episode. They had both clever and retarded jokes and moments.

Plot: The plot was "decent". Nothing interesting happend in the plot. However, its decent enough to enjoy.

This also is a Chef episode. Everyone loves a Chef episode. This episode is centered around Chef and Kyle. Both characters have different plots. Which added a twist to this episode.

This episode is a much watch. It was really funny, if you didn't wacth it. I recommend you do watch it. Its genius.
  • Another fairly good episode.

This episode had a fair few milestones in the series of South Park. First of all, it was the episode I think where Matt and Trey realized they might be onto something with, "Screw you guys, I'm going home.", it also marked the second coming or Mr Hankey, the Christmas Poo, in a better episode than the first one based around him. It also introduced the now famous song, "Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls." Some of my favourite quotes were, "They sure ran that one into the ground." and "Oh my god, I found a penny!""You bastard!" All is all, a solid episode.
  • I'm Fred Savage!

As far as I know, this is the only episode to feature Mr. Hankey in a non-Christmas episode. Mr. Hankey delivers a lesson on why small towns should stay small, and Kenny is killed by trampling moviegoers (with a great punch line). Ah, yes. Finally, an episode with its focus mostly given to the children—particularly Kyle. Just when you think South Park can’t go any farther, Mr. Hankey floods the whole town with sh!t and dancing monsters made of sh!t. This episode was very funny and very clever throughout.
  • Independent films are those black and white hippy movies. They're always about gay cowboys eating pudding.

This is one ofthe best Chef episodes I have ever seen, and how can you go wrong with a talking poo? This is Trey and Matt's assault on Sundance for not taking their film, and it is done quite well, so movie people stay the hell out of small towns, I would like to finish this off with Chefs little Song about his Salty Chocolate Balls [get your mind out of the gutter, it's cookies!].

Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls Song:
    "Say everybody have you seen my balls?
    They're big and salty and brown.
    Whenever you need a fix, hook me up.
    Just stick my balls in my mouth.
    Ooh, suck on my chocolate salty balls.
    Put 'em in your mouth.
    Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em and suck 'em."
  • One of the classic Chef episodes.

Robert Redford brings his Sundance Film Festival to South Park, ruining the fragile sewer ecosystem.

...Sounds like a pretty good idea for a movie starring Tom Hanks and featuring a monkey.

This episode criticizes Robert Redford, his Film Festival, and the independent film industry... and has them all drowning in s##t.

This episode is one of the classics from Season 2, and features one of the best Chef songs in the series. The episode also features a rare, non-Seasonal appearance of Mr. Hankey; and a rare appearance of two gay cowboys (a little ahead of its time??) eating pudding. And, of course: Mr. Hankey the chimpanzee.
  • Mr. Hankey saves the day!

One tihng about this unique episode is how incredibly strange it is to see poop just swallowign everyoen up and drowning everyone. I thought it was very funny to see all of the Los Angelans trying to take over south park by means of that film festival. Then Mr. Hankey summons all of the sewers just like in the Sorceror's Apprentice to come and swallow up all of the people tryin to take over the town. Chef Chocolate Salty Balls bring Mr. Hankey back when he is dying. He is almost dried out, but Chef saves him. Outrageous and funny.
  • The return of Mr. Hankey, Chef's chocolate salty balls are making money, and Cartman is selling t-shirts.

When producers start a film festival is South Park, Mr. Hankey tells the boys he is dying. The producers eat differant food and make him sick. Meanwhile, Chef is selling his chocolate salty ball candy to make money and Cartman is working with producers. Stan is going to the film festival movies with Wendy, and Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman are worried. Mr. Hankey almost dies when trying to talk to producers, but Chef's balls save him. Ater the producers won't listen to Mr. Hankey, he flushes them out of South Park with giant puddles of poo. Wendy tells Stan that she hates film festivals now.
  • Fairly enjoyable parody of the Sundance Film Fest and the envoironment.

7.1
    A film festival comes to South Park, polluting the sewers and hurting Mr. Hankey. This episode comes from the mediocre season 2, which was pretty random and lackluster I should say. At least not as bad as season 6, or more recently, seasons 9 and 10. The storyline isn't all that exciting. But Chef's Chocolate Balls song is a classic, as with Mr. Hankey's parody of a short from Disney film "Fantasia". It's somehow worth your time, but try not to download it off iTunes.
  • Mr. Hankey comes back in this episode.

A Film Festival hits South Park and everyone is hurting Mr. Hankeys home by popping too much and he asks Kyle to tell them to stop and to move the festival somewhere else, because Hr. Hankey will die unless every stops popping and it turns out that Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls are able to help Mr. Hankey. My favorite part is in the end when the town is covered in pop. lol
  • Mr Hankey is back!

Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo is back but he is getting
    Sicker by the minute and calls on Kyle's help
    As a town film festival is coming in and that everybody
    Is excited! That is at first but then it gets old
    And the sewer system is really getting out of hand due to
    The film festival being shown. Now the town needs to fight back!
  • Hey everybody, have you seen my balls they\'re big an salty and brown!

I\'m kinda wondering why the last guy, who clearly liked it, gave it a 5? I loved this episode! It was funny, and we don\'t have to wait until Christmas to see Mr. Hankey. I just can\'t see an episode like this getting poor results. Chef\'s Salty chocolate balls are what made him so famous (That and his amazing singing) so you just gotta love this episode. What\'s not to like? It\'s got singing, chocolaty powerups and the best Phantasia spoof ever! I didn\'t like how the people ignored Mr. Hankey, though. That upset me a little because I like the little piece of poo.
  • Life Imitates \'South Park\'

Interesting note from this episode of South Park:

Quote: \"Naw dude, Independent films are those black and white hippy movies. They\'re always about gay cowboys eating pudding.\"

\"Ang Lee\'s tale of the homosexual love between two cowboys set in the conservative West of the 1960s won the Venice Film Festival\'s top award Saturday.\"--MSN Movies, Sept. 10, 2005

(Stolen from the Wall Street Journal's "Opinion Journal," written by James Taranto. Here's the sweet address: http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110007249 )

Funny guy, funny column, must-read work. Hey, am I up to 100 words yet? Hey, am I up to 100 words yet? Hey, am I up to 100 words yet?