South Park

City on the Edge of Forever (a.k.a. Flashbacks)

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 17, 1998 on Comedy Central

• edgy

A show of supreme quality, very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very (apologies, the former review has been moved to a new home, soon you will all be given the key) very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very enjoyable. A must-see.

• great

Ms. Crabtree accidentally drives the bus to the edge of a cliff. She goes for help, but warns the children to stay put. So, the children remember all the sticky times they have been in before this, and how they can get out of this situation.

It was alright. It was basically a clipshow, except the ending of all the clips they showed weren't really what happened (they all ended involving ice cream) The reason my grade is kind of high is because I for on enjoy clip shows. They're usually entertaining, even if they are just time-fillers. So my grade for this episode is a B- or so. Pretty decent I thought
  • A flashback episode

When the South Park school bus gets into a major accident, Ms. Crabtree sets out to find help before the bus full of kids tumbles off a cliff, or something worse happens. While Ms. Crabtree gets help from a truck driver and then accidentally winds up performing stand-up comedy on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," the boys reflect on past events that have happened to them, adding on some odd twists.

But really why was there the need to have a flashback after just two seasons. Still for me this is another great episode I will always like forever =)
  • After a year of South Park, is a flashback neccessary?

Yes. Yes, a flashback can be good if you make it good for the second season, and this episode did it. They turned flashbacks of previous South Park episodes to icecream filled South Park adventures. In a dream someone is having, the bus is hanging on a cliff while the bus driver looks for some help, takes some roofies mistaking it for aspirin or something, and becomes a comedian while the parents of the missing 3rd grade class are looking for the kids thinking they're doing drugs or something.

Pretty great episode. Not the best, but it's a pretty great episode.
  • Flashbacks

This original episode is introduced by the creators as chefs making beef sadnwiches and then feeding it to the pig which is a very kind of sick start to a great episode. In the first couple of series` such as Seasons 1-4, this is one of the better episodes. I enjoy this because they are all discussing previous entries to South Park and the deaths of Kenny.
    Mrs. Cabtree, meanwhile is harassed by comedians. The comedians want the poor scruffy-haired Ms. Crabtree to work for their Comedy Club in Hollywood. Unfortunately, the kids are still wating for their food and parents.
    ;D Great!
  • What's happening to South Park?

After reviewing my reviews of the past season 2 episodes. I must say that Trey & Matt aren't doing well for this season. They had great episodes, some of them sucked tought.

Now, this episode was a average episode. Which comes to the past events from the past episodes.

Now, the plot. Is smart. A flashback episode is new to South Park and the bus being stuck over a cliff pretty much made the plot made sense.

Now the sub-plot with Ms Crabtree pretty much ruined the episode for me. It was unfunny and not very clever plot-wise.

The humour in this episode was "decent". It was kinda annoying to repeat the same joke over and over again after they finished telling a story.

I also put it as a average episode due that I needed to re-live horrible episodes such as "Volcano" and many others. However, it was nice re-living the good episodes.

This episode is a much watch if your bored or if you missed many past episodes. Watch it. Its good enough to re-watch it again.
  • Now THAT's what I call a sticky situation.

This episode made me laugh a fair bit. When I first saw it I thought, "Oh no, flashback!" because I've seen many-a flashback episode in my time and they usually aren't very good. But what I didn't know was these flashbacks were completely messed up. Every single time the kids ended up getting ice-cream and saying, "Now that's what I call a sticky situation." and everyone laughs. I found it pretty funny whenever that happened. But the sub-plot of Ms. Crabtree becoming acomedian was a huge let down. It was not funny at all, quite possibly the worst storyline so far in the series.
  • Gimme another one of them roofies

This is definitely one of the strangest episodes of South Park there is. It’s a parody of Star Trek, a pseudo-clip show, and an episode focused on Ms. Crabtree all at once. Although much of this episode tediously goes through flashbacks with ice cream twists, there are occasional great moments—the Star Trek kid in the red shirt, Stan making out with Wendy, and the parents’ song to the runaway children were all classics. But unfortunately, the writers don’t really try to develop Ms. Crabtree a whole lot, instead having her just yell out the same “Shut the hell up!!!” lines over and over, and it’s really no surprise she doesn’t get any other episodes to herself.
  • Better than most flashback episodes, but still a flashback episode.

Flashbacks is just what the title describes: flashbacks. However, this episode is not only a flashback episode, it is a parody of a flashback episode. There are many good jokes in this episode (including a storyline for Ms. Crabtree), but overall, it's a throwaway episode. Any episode that ends with one of the characters waking up from a dream can be considered one of these.

Taken on its own, this episode is definitely funny. Looking back on it after watching newer, better episodes of South Park is difficult. However, much of the 1st and 2nd seasons are like this, and even much of the 3rd.

Not a necessary episode to see in the grand scheme of South Park, but definitely worth seeing.
  • Mrs. Crabtree leaves the kids stranded on bus about to tip over a cliff.

I like this episode even though it is not one of my favorites. This episode is relatively uknown as well so that contributes somewhat to the lack of popularity. It wasn't the creative stuff that we are used to, but it clever and funny. Ms. Crabtree ends up getting the bus stuck on a cliff and threatening to fall over it. As she goes to get help, she falls in love with a man she meets. Meanwhile the boys are having flashbacks of all past episodes while they avoid monsters, and tipping over the edge of the cliff. Good job.
  • A very funny flashback episode, but they should have waited a few more seasons.

The bus wrecks and it hanging on a cliff. Ms. Crabtree goes for help, telling the kids not to get of the bus or a big scary monster will eat them. The kids start having flashbacks, only they end differently and they eat ice-cream. Ms. Crabtree soon goes on tv for yelling and screaming since people think she is a comedian. Then, she starts to fall in love. It turns out there is a monster and it kills a kid and then Kenny. The kids fear they are going to die. They start having more flashbacks trying to think who the monster could be, Death, Mr. Garrison, or Aliens. The bus falls of the cliff and into a big thing of ice cream. Cartman wakes up, realizing it was a dream. Then, Kyle wakes up and realizes he had a dream that Cartman was having a dream of their bus on a cliff.
  • Messed-up Flashbacks

This episode shows previous ones from the early season. Stan remembered the time Cartman got an anal probe. Kyle recalls about the time the boys met Scuzzle-butt. Cartman recollects when Kathie Lee Gifford came to South Park, and Mr. Garrison intended to assassinate her. Kenny's flashback was hilarious, because he beat up Death. This also marks the first time Miss Crabtree smiled.

I like the ending of this episode. The bus broke in half and the kids fell in a huge bucket of ice cream. Cartman woke up and told his mom about his weird dream, and started eating beetles. Stan is the one dreaming throughout the episode. I'd like to say that episode of flashbacks was really messed-up, ut somehow I enjoyed it.
  • A little too earily in the series for a flashback...but....

This episode showed the kids' past they did in earily episodes, 'cept everything ended with ice cream. Like the flashback for the first episode, instead of a satalite coming out of Cartman's butt, and ice cream truck comes out and everything in their flashback turns out to be ice cream in the end and here's the great twist the still made this episode fun to watch: Stan dreamed of Cartman dreaming that they were on a bus and it falls off a cliff into a big tub of ice cream. Nice twist to the end of the episode.
  • Great and funny show!

What does this have to do with ice cream as
    The kids lives are hanging in the balance as Mrs
    Crabtree tries to get some help and she leans into a
    Career as well as a new love to top it all off.
    Very funny when actually the kids wake up to find out
    It had all be just a dream!
  • A flashback with a twist.

This episode has 2 plots (as do most SP eps.). At first the school bus gets stuck hanging over cliff (After a classic South Park fall; down a waterfall!). Then it spins off. You have the kids - in fear of being eaten, reliving their memories. You also have the bus driver accidentally becoming a comic act. The flash backs include 'Cartman gets an anal probe', 'volcano' and 'Weightgain 4000' (and others.) The events are rewritten by their tellers. They often end in Stan kissing Wendy, or Cartman getting his own way. But they all end in ice cream. When the camera returns to the bus, the kids say "Now that was a sticky situation". Meanwhile the bus driver goes for help and forgets about the bus. At the end Cartman wakes up, beleiving he had had a nightmare. Then his mum fed him some beetles. There's more to it than that, but I won't spoil the veiwers fun. I thinks this episode rocks!
  • "Now that's what I call a sticky situation."

This is one of my favorite episodes, In this episode the boys are stranded on a bus, They're all very bored so they start "reminicing" about all the good times they've had. Unfortunatly all their memories are wrong, and all of them end with the boys getting ice cream and saying "Now that's what I call a sticky situation." Mean while while the boys are stuck on the bus, their driver Ms. Crabtree, meets a man and goes on to pursue her carrer as a comedian, even though her show just consists of her yellin "You suck" and "Sit down and shut up" the crowd seems to love it. At the end we come to find that this whole thing was all part of Stans dream. This is by far one of my favorite episodes 10/10
  • Flashback episodes this early in a series are lethal.

A flashback episode that's better than the Simpsons. OK, that is a little anguish for Matt Groening but I mean recapping the show up to this episode is pure genius because we get to revisit the anal probe and the 80 foot dish becoming an ice cream stand which would actually be harder to cram in Cartman's ass. Then, we learn about Kathie Lee's assanation attempt by Mr. Hat to reveal that she was an alien and they all had ice cream. Then we learn Scuzzlebutt with Brent Musberger as a leg (personally, it should be Dennis Miller) and he made ice cream for everyone. Then, Kenny told everyone about how he took down Death and got ice cream. Also, they mention Fozzie and also Cartman's alleged father John Elway which is false as does all the story lines credited in this episode.
Pee