South Park

City Sushi

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jun 01, 2011 on Comedy Central

• superb

the description i found online was vastly different from what we actually got. in the description in the episode, it said butters was diagnoses with multiple personality disorder, which came true, but it also mentioned that the boys would help him. if i recall the boys did not appear (they appeared in the scene where the city wok guy is in the school's gym, but they did not have any lines). I was kinda disappointed because I wanted Stan, Kyle, Cartman (possibly Kenny) to help Butters, but instead, it turned into this wacky (IMO) thing where it turns out the therapist is the city wok guy.

the episode succeeded in the goal of making me laugh, though. I liked Butters taping his room while he was asleep. The line where he actually references Paranormal Activity though kinda killed it; if you saw the movie you would have known what was being parodied, and if you hadn't, well, it's not like it would have made it different. Having Butters actually say 'this is like paranormal activity' kind of ruined the joke for me. other parts i laughed at were the school gymnasium scene, "What the (bleep)?!" being screamed by city wok guy (i don't know why but i think it must be the accent that made this funny) "Tender, love and medication. Heavy medication." The episode got kinda dark near the end, but I can't tell if it was supposed to be taken seriously or not. One thing I love about this show, besides the humor of course, is how they have twists. I never saw the therapist being the city wok guy. I don't know if others predicted this or not but I certainly did not see it coming. I thought it was clever. The only main disappointing thing for me is that the episode was not about stan, kyle and cartman attempting to help butters of this 'disorder' of his, but it was still a heck of a lot of fun, i thought. I don't know whether to give this a 4/5 or 5/5, so i'll give it a 4.5/5 .