A South Park Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy Central

OH MY GOD, THEY F*CKED UP!

South Park blew its first major deadline in 17 seasons after South Park Studios lost power for several hours yesterday—that's why series creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker are looking so ashamed and distressed in the photo above. For 13 years, the series has started each new episode six days prior to the episode's air date—there's even an entire documentary about the process—which is awesome not only because it allows the show to respond quickly to real-world news that happens while it's in season, but also because it's so true to life. Be honest, who's ever started writing a paper more than a week before it's due? This is the first time since the series premiered that it's been unable to complete an episode on time, which means tonight's episode is now a rerun and the new episode, "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers," will air next week. There's probably a lesson to be learned here, but only missing a deadline once in 17 seasons? Keep up the good works, guys! [South Park Studios]

BUSINESS TIME

... XOXO, Astronaut's Wife? Stephanie Savage, who co-created Gossip Girl with Josh Schwartz, is adapting Lily Koppel’s best-selling novel The Astronaut Wives for ABC. It'll be a 1960s-set "limited event series"—a.k.a. a miniseries—that explores the lives of the women behind NASA's early astronauts. So what's Blake Lively up to these days? [Deadline]

... Someone once told me that one man's trash is another man's treasure. He was a hobo, but I'm pretty sure he didn't make it up. And now it looks like NBC's been digging through CBS's trash, looking for literally anything it can use to save itself. The Peacock is resurrecting the failed 2007 pilot Babylon Fields, about a city whose dead return for inexplicable reasons. It has gone on to earn cult status since it failed to make the CBS team in '07, so everyone cross your fingers and hope that NBC found some treasure and not some moldy cheese in that dumpster. [Deadline]

... Remember when The CW banished Supernatural to Fridays? Those were dark days, a time when the only reason to watch was Jared Padalecki's hair and Jensen Ackles' face. Well, after airing on Wednesdays last season and making the move to Tuesdays this season, it's doing great. How great? Last night's combo of Supernatural and The Originals gave The CW its best Tuesday ratings among adults 18-49 in four years. I guess the lesson to be learned from all of this is to never underestimate the power of good-looking men who know their way around a bottle of hair conditioner. [The CW via press release]

... Doctor Who is being given the royal treatment in the lead-up to the series' 50th anniversary special. The Countess of Wessex is hosting a party at Buckingham Palace on November 18, with past and present cast and crew members of the long-running science fiction series expected to attend. Your move, Obama. [Radio Times]

... America Ferrera is ready to return to TV in Damascus, a new project that has received a put pilot commitment from CBS. Ferrera will star; she'll also co-executive-produce alongside Ugly Betty executive producer Teri Weinberg. The project sounds so ridiculous, though, that I'm going to let Deadline handle it: "[The project is] the story of a crusading nun (Ferrera) who practices law on behalf of the least fortunate, and has her beliefs tested when her life collides with an elitist corporate lawyer. As the two set out to help those in need of justice, they come up against a secretive and powerful organization that is determined to destroy them." Yep, there it is. [Deadline]

... ABC has ordered more scripts for The Goldbergs, says creator Adam Goldberg's Twitter. [Twitter]

... Attention cosplayers in both Atlanta and Los Angeles: Syfy wants you! The network has extended its reality series Heroes of Cosplay by six additional episodes, and producers are currently looking for passionate cosplayers to be featured in the series. Also, I'm in desperate need of a Halloween costume. Please e-mail me if you can be of some assistance. [Syfy via press release]

... NBC has given a presentation order to Mystery Island, an animated comedy from Ed Helms (The Office) and former Office writer-producer Graham Wagner. The project is set on an island after a cruise ship malfunctions and maroons all of its passengers. [Deadline]

CASTING NEWS

... Parks and Recreation alum Li'l Sebastian has joined Hart of Dixie. Scott Porter, who plays George Tucker on the southern dramedy, tweeted a picture from set. [Zap2It]

... Community's Yvette Nicole Brown has lined up a guest-starring gig on NBC's Welcome to the Family. She'll play Mrs. Peck, the Yoders' overbearing next-door neighbor, in the sixth episode of the season. This is bad news because it means NBC hasn't canceled the series yet, so there's still no open time slot for Community. [THR]

... Kerry Washington will host Saturday Night Live on November 2 with Eminem as her musical guest. Spoiler alert: There will probably be a lot of jokes about fixing things, and having secret relationships with the president. (I've never watched Scandal, but that's pretty much all it is, right?) [TV Line]

... Lotte Verbeek (The Borgias) has landed the role of Geillis Duncan in Ronald D. Moore's Outlander series on Starz. The character is described as being beautiful and dark, and an expert manipulator who's often referred to as a witch, thanks to her advanced knowledge of plants and herbs. Outlander is based on the book series by Diana Gabaldon. [Starz via press release]

...  Martin Donovan (Weeds) has been cast as the therapist of Laurence Fishburne's Jack Crawford on Hannibal. I can't decide if Hannibal casting is making me really, really excited for Season 2, or really, really sad that we have to wait until midseason for it.  [TV Line]

THANKS A LOT, LOST-IES

... Damon Lindelof, the co-creator and ruiner of Losthas quit Twitter. Now where will I go when I want to read snarky retweets from the Fancy Feast Twitter account? Who's going to cradle me to sleep at night while wearing Bieber's yellow spiked hat?! This is on you, Lost haters. All. On. You. [Variety]

*Not a definitive statement, up to personal interpretation.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/11/2013

Season 17 : Episode 10

30 Comments
Follow this Show
Members