South Park

Coon 2: Hindsight (1)

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 27, 2010 on Comedy Central

• It wasn't bad. I'd watch it again, but....

Let me be clear this was a decent episode and I feel bad complaing about, and I can't really because it wasn't exactly memorable. I had to go back and skim through to jog my memory to write this review!

It definatly had it's funny moments, but I can't say I found mr Hindsight very funny. Trying a bit too hard to be funny and clever at the same time, which felt a bit half baked to me. The BP element to the story was pretty good too, the I'm sorry speeches took a bit too much time up for me but apart from that I enjoyed it. The whole ripping ripping a whole into another dimension felt very reminicant of classic Sout Park ludicrousness, and something I welcomed!

There's a lot of fun with the 'which superhero is Kenny?' theme as well. But it isn;t very pronounced, it's almost like it might have been by accident and I'm seeing something which they aren't actually doing. With that said I think it could have been exploited more to the episodes advantage.

I wasn't a fan of the original coon episode so this was always going to not go down greatly with me. Because i'm a bit meh about this episode the discovery it will be a two parter isn't exactly thrilling either. The concept isn't exciting or interesting enough to me.

There's also something very generic about this episode too...A typical lets go after a company story. Everything that occurs is expected. But it isn't exactly bad, it is an alright episode.

I don't hate it and theres some good moments, but it's not pushing my buttons really.