South Park

Crippled Summer

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 28, 2010 on Comedy Central

• A slightly disappointing first half episode finale for Season 14.

"Crippled Summer"

Grade: D

With the first half of season 14 ending with this episode, I'd hope it would be quite entertaining. Unfortunatly, for me at least, I felt Crippled Summer was quite repetitive and not that funny. Up The Down Steroid did a better job with a similar plot, whilst the Towlie documentary subplot fell mostly flat on its face, due to the fact I don't find his character that funny anymore, but the intervention Towlie/Cartman part did give me a few laughs I won't deny that one. Nothing much happened to the handicapped plot, because Jimmy still wins it and I thought it just got too stupid with the red team rivals (though the Shark Mating whistle scenes were quite funny) because you already know its going to go wrong, no matter what. Towlie's has a simple and predictable conclusion as well. I also felt those blank screen messages became kind of a hindrance as well, though they did deliver a small little chuckles from me. Overall, could have been better, yet a hell of a lot worse, but also much funnier too.
MTV