South Park

Fantastic Easter Special

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 04, 2007 on Comedy Central

• Davinci code parody, and helps put show back on track

Utterly superb. That's all I have to say about this episode. After a funny in spots but overall disappointing episode "The Snuke", "South Park" is back and firing on all cylinders with an easter special that lampoons everything easter and the Da Vinci Code (a bit late for that). The best part of this, however, is clearly that they FINALLY brought Jesus back. Jesus was one of my favorite 'minor' characters on South Park for the first few seasons; almost every scene he was in was hilarious, and I couldn't be happier that they finally brought him back. And that's not even the best part yet, Bill Donahue kills the pope, puts Jesus in jail, and names himself pope while he prepares a 'rabbit' stew which is actually made of humans and is about to kill the Holy Rabbit, Snowball, which was actually the descendant of St. Peter, the original pope, who was actually a rabbit, when Jesus intervenes and kills him in a style reminiscent of any Rodriguez or Tarantino flick, and I'm sure the upcoming "Grindhouse". I wouldn't be surprised if I looked back at this as one of my favorite episodes.