South Park

Fishsticks

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 08, 2009 on Comedy Central

• Wow, South Park still freaking has it.

Season 13 is phenomenal. "Eat, Prey, Queef definitely has a divided line between lovers and haters, but the rest of the episodes were great. And this one, boy where the hell do I begin?

Cartman stops by to "aid" Jimmy in writing new comedy material. When Jimmy comes up with the fish-dicks joke, Cartman plays his usual mind games and psyches Jimmy out to believe that it was indeed Cartman who wrote the joke. The joke hits the public and makes its way to late night talk shows, when it is revealed that Carlos Mencia is the origin of the joke. I loved the parallel between Cartman and Mencia, great writing. Throughout the episode we get Cartman's flashback scenes to how it is "revealed" that he was the main benefactor of the joke. This includes him slaying a dragon, and turning into a human fireball

After Carlos gets a Carlito's Way beatdown, we then see dumpster truck sized ego Kanye West trying to decipher the meaning of the joke. This leads to him jumping into the ocean with a gut-busting Gay Fish" song, and I'm so happy they used that autotune effect on his voice. Awesome.

This episode was ridiculous, and that's in the best way possible. It was consistently funny and outrageous. I'm amazed by this season, and it looks like they'll keep on chuggin'! Well done boys!