We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralBetween Seasons

Banned episodes

Should daring episodes be banned

dd790

[1]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 5

i cant find this already so i started new thread

Who thinks that its not freedom of speech and free press and all that when episodes like... are banned

Super Best Friends

Trapped in the Closet

i know theres at least one more but i cant name it

I know people that are Islamic, Jewish, Black, White all sorts of cultures and religons that LIKE south park but the people that ban episode sit in a little room never actully hearing what the ''offended'' people dont like.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dd790

[2]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    Feel free to disagree with me (or back me)

RoboAmish

[3]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 18
    Nah don't ban em. It defeats the purpose of South Park. U're likely to be offended at least once in your life by watching it as they pretty much target any group but people should just lighten up, sit back and laugh at themselves and others (which has become a rareity nowdays on tv)

henrynhenry

[4]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 8
    Yeah, if you are offended, don't watch it!  If you don't want your kids watching it, don't let them.  Simple as that.

c0mm0nsense

[5]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 10

Super Best Friends is banned??  I just saw that episode last week.

WTCBaconCat

[6]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 4

People need to stop taking themselves so seriously.  Everyone's going to get made fun of at some point or another...apparently these people never learned their lesson from the bullies in school.

hsimpson44

[7]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 26
    c0mm0nsense wrote:

it was never banned. only "trapped in the closet" "proper condom use" and "jared has aides"

Well, they shouldn't be banned at all. either all of it is ok, or none of it is...

hsimpson44

[8]Jan 13, 2007
    oh, yeah, and scientology being a serious religion? Ok, if you believe that than where are you from? Scientology is merely a stupid cult made by some pervert to scam idots out of their money. yep, the mods will be on my a$$ for this one.

Tweekfan323

[9]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 42
    hsimpson44 wrote:
    c0mm0nsense wrote:

it was never banned. only "trapped in the closet" "proper condom use" and "jared has aides"

Well, they shouldn't be banned at all. either all of it is ok, or none of it is...

"Jared Has Aides" was not banned, it was on Comedy Central about 2 weeks ago.

And I agree totally about Scientology, it is complete BS, its liek saying, "Hey let's start a new totally random religion." Complete bull crap.

robman46

[10]Jan 13, 2007
    well in britain barely anything gets banned, so we're ok. It seems we allow anything even if there is protest ie. jerry springer the oprea.

ZugZug4

[11]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 34
    robman46 wrote:
    well in britain barely anything gets banned, so we're ok. It seems we allow anything even if there is protest ie. jerry springer the oprea.

Most South Park related topics are a lot more heated and debated in the States. Americans are also retarded in the sense of taking offense or taking a joke.

henrynhenry

[12]Jan 13, 2007

robman46 wrote:

Brits have a sense of humor, unlike we Americans who can't laugh at anything.

WTCBaconCat

[13]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 4

hsimpson44 wrote:
    c0mm0nsense wrote:

it was never banned. only "trapped in the closet" "proper condom use" and "jared has aides" Well, they shouldn't be banned at all. either all of it is ok, or none of it is...

1) 'Trapped In the Closet' re-aired in...March, I think?  Eh, it's not banned, per se, CC's just really touchy about re-airing it.
    2) 'Proper Condom Use' isn't banned either.  Since when was it banned?  WTF?  I just watched it a few days ago, actually.  (Note - I just looked this up on Wikipedia, and it looks like it was banned, but only on a British channel.)
    3) 'Jared Has Aides' = not banned.  It's just like 'Closet' - CC's not willing to re-air it any time soon for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, the episode makes light of AIDS, and secondly, y'know the bit at the end where there are implications of Butters being abused by his parents?  Yeah.  Which doesn't make sense, because I think the last time they re-aired it, they totally cut out that clip.  And no one cares about AIDS any more.  So...WTF, Comedy Central?  Just WTF?

EDIT:
    'Closet' actually re-aired in July.  It was scheduled to re-air in March, but it was cancelled.

Edited on 01/13/2007 7:35pm

c0mm0nsense

[14]Jan 13, 2007

Trapped in the Closet being banned is a bunch of hypocrisy crap.  That's what makes me lose all respect for Isaac Hayes.  Way to be a hypocrite!  And the only reason it was banned is cause Tom Cruise didn't take it well just cause MI3 was coming out.  Jesus Christ, people would still watch it even if Trapped in the Closet was being shown.  Tom Cruise needs to get through his head that South Park makes fun of EVERYONE.  Nothing to be a goddamn p*ssy about.  Banning episodes are bunch of retarded bull**** since South Park f*cks around about everyone.  Jesus Christ, even Mel Gibson didn't do sh*t and Cartman talks about him almost all the time.  Jews aren't complaining.  Infact, a lot of Jews love the damn show.  Scientologists are just straight up trippin, need to relax and calm down.  And why the hell is Mohammed blocked in Cartoon Wars, but none of the Gods are blocked in Super Best Friends?  What the hell is up with people these days???  And if anyone has a problem with South Park, they can suck my p*ssy and f*ck off.

Wow, I just felt like Cartman right now.

Edited on 01/13/2007 8:28pm

robman46

[15]Jan 14, 2007
    henrynhenry wrote:

robman46 wrote:

Brits have a sense of humor, unlike we Americans who can't laugh at anything.

well next monday were showing comedy-documentary taking the total piss out of tony blair (our priminster), do you think america would allow something like that about Bush?

henrynhenry

[16]Jan 14, 2007

c0mm0nsense wrote:
      And why the hell is Mohammed blocked in Cartoon Wars, but none of the Gods are blocked in Super Best Friends? 

Blocking out Mohammed in "Cartoon Wars" was a joke.

c0mm0nsense

[17]Jan 14, 2007
    henrynhenry wrote:

c0mm0nsense wrote:
      And why the hell is Mohammed blocked in Cartoon Wars, but none of the Gods are blocked in Super Best Friends? 

Actually, I heard it wasn't. Ahhh, soo confused. Can someone give me the official word??

drewshack

[18]Jan 14, 2007
    • level: 47
    henrynhenry wrote:

c0mm0nsense wrote:

No. No, it wasn't. That was Comedy Central's idea. Ironically, they censor Mohammed, but not Jesus, Dubya, etc. crapping on one another.

ZugZug4

[19]Jan 14, 2007
    • level: 34
    I am a pregnant American woman with no husband!

hsimpson44

[20]Jan 14, 2007
    Tweekfan323 wrote:
    hsimpson44 wrote:
    c0mm0nsense wrote:

"Jared Has Aides" was not banned, it was on Comedy Central about 2 weeks ago.

And I agree totally about Scientology, it is complete BS, its liek saying, "Hey let's start a new totally random religion." Complete bull crap.

no it WAS banned because of the end where butters parents beat him. the reason it was recently on suprises me. but it was banend