South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Official Episode Discussion 14x11: "Coon 2: Hindsight"

galeguy44

[21]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 3

next weeks episode will probably be about a totally random thing like that time when they showed a terrance and phillip episode instead,

wait terrance and phillip aint been in season 14 so it will probz be an episode about them, the last episode of season 14 will be the second part unless its 3 parter

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[22]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 22
    Surely there will be a sequel next week. The Coon isn't just going stay in his room and abandon his friends.

"We're Coon and Friends, not the f****** Girl Scouts!"

startug

[23]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 23
    They won't do the Terrance and Phillip thing again, they only did it once. We've had a two-part episode from two seasons ago.

meeper22

[24]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 5

I loved this episode, it was nice to see the Coon again and the Clockwork Orange reference was epic, finally seeing Cartman kick Kyle's a** for a change.

Here's my opinion on the heroes identities.

Cartman: The Coon

Token: Tupperware

Stan: Toolshed

Timmy: Iron Maiden

Kyle: Mosquito. I'm kind of surprised there was speculation about this but it's Kyle. He sounds too much like Kyle and out of all of them; he argues more with Cartman, even more than Mysterion and in every episode, Kyle has argued with Cartman more than any other kid on that show.

New Kid/Bradley: Mintberry Crunch: This is a new kid. On Wikipedia, he's given the name Bradley. It's not Kenny because the hair is different and when you see the kids without their costumes, you can see this new kid has the same hairstyle.

Kenny: Mysterion. I think Kenny is Mysterion. He'd have a better chance of sneaking out of his house since his parents are usually fighting or drunk. True, he may be poor but he was somehow able to afford a PSP when that came out. Also, if you look when Kenny is sneaking out of his house, he's got a small bag with him, too small for a kite to fit in there and I don't think a kite can fold in there. Not only that, but he can make his voice deep since his voice has gone through dramatic changes over the years.

Clyde: Human Kite. It is hard to tell since Human Kite's voice is different from Clyde's or Kenny's but he doesn't really talk much and I just don't see how Kyle is this kid when he doesn't even do much in this episode. True, Kenny doesn't say much either in a lot of episodes but neither does Clyde, even in episodes that centered around him. So I think it is Clyde but I might be wrong since it's hard to tell.

That's my take on who I think the heroes are. Aside from the obvious ones; Kenny has had different voices so he could be Mysterion or Human Kite, Even though Human Kite does sound like Kyle, it's not him. Mosquito sounds more like Kyle and he argues too much with Cartman. We might get clearer answers in the second part.

naaros

[25]Oct 28, 2010

The human kite definitely DOES sound like Kyle, but I'm not sure. I also heard a little bit of Kyle's voice in Mosquito, but was distorted obviously. Pretty sure Mysterion is Kenny if I had to take a guess based on who everyone else was. Hrm, I just noticed a small little hint. On the part where they are all sitting around at a table at a restaurant, everyone has some sorta soft drink (coke) except 1 who has water. Being as Kenny is poor, you'd think that Mintberry Crunch would be him. However, his voice really sounds nothing like what Kenny supposedly sounds like from the movie or the MJ episode (although those did sound diff, too), lol. Maybe Kenny's voice just constantly changes. It could have also just been the fact that that kid liked water, who knows. Bah!

Edited on 10/28/2010 3:33pm

TheGreatRingsby

[26]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 6

Ok, so the obvious ones are obvious.

But I think, Kenny is Mysterion, Kyle was the Human Kite, and Clyde was Mosquito.

I am shocked that people think Kyle was the Mosquito, there is no way in hell that Kyle would let Cartman kick his ass, I sort of doubt Kenny would too, but I guess it's possible that Kenny is the Mosquito, but Mosquito's voice sounded more like Clyde's. Kyle's voice sounded like Mosquito and the human kite, but the human kite's voice was more natural and like I said earlier Kyle would NOT let Cartman beat him up.

Other than that, Hilarious episode. Tony Heyward and Captain Hindsight were hilarious. I loved Captain Hindsight, he just HAS to make more appearances.

adamantius

[27]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 4
    I am going to suggest that Kyle is the Kite boy because "kite" sounds like a certain derogatory word for a Jewish person. The kind of humor SP normally uses.

I believe Kenny is Mysterion. The uniform is somewhat like his Parka. Where is General Disarray though?

A

LiveLife93

[28]Oct 28, 2010

TheGreatRingsby wrote:

But I think, Kenny is Mysterion, Kyle was the Human Kite, and Clyde was Mosquito.

I am shocked that people think Kyle was the Mosquito, there is no way in hell that Kyle would let Cartman kick his ass, I sort of doubt Kenny would too, but I guess it's possible that Kenny is the Mosquito, but Mosquito's voice sounded more like Clyde's. Kyle's voice sounded like Mosquito and the human kite, but the human kite's voice was more natural and like I said earlier Kyle would NOT let Cartman beat him up.

The reason people are thinking that Kyle may be 'The Mosquito' is because 'The Mosquito' was the one who constantly argued with Cartman. After re-watching the episode I have to say I am now beginning to lean towards Kyle being the 'Human Kite instead'. Like you said, he would NEVER let Cartman beat him up like that - he would definletely have fought back. Plus, 'Human Kite' had no problem with kicking Cartman out.

However, saying this, I'm still not certain at who Kyle is so I think I'll just wait and see! (As I'm guessing this is a 2 parter episode).

I'm also not certain with who 'Mysterion' or 'The Mosquito' are, but Clyde is known to be quite a mouthy character, so for him to chat back to Cartman like 'The Mosquito' did wouldn't be shocking... Also, Kenny being 'Mysterion' wouldn't be unbelieveable either (as he asked for Kyle's help previously etc.).

Basically for me the possibilities are;

1) Kyle = Human Kite, Kenny = Mysterion, Clyde = The Mosquito. (Most likely in my opinion!).

2) Kyle = Human Kite, Kenny = Mosquito, Clyde = Mysterion.

3) Kyle = Mosquito, Kenny = Human Kite, Clyde = Mysterion.

I realise I'm looking into this way too much! I think I'll stick with waiting to see if this is even answered!

Edited on 10/28/2010 5:18pm
    Edited 3 total times.

bag2218

[29]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 12

Kyle has pretty much proven on several occasions that he can kick Cartman's @$$ so I doubt he's Mosquito. I'm like 90% sure Mysterion is Clyde. So...

Mysterion: Clyde

Human Kite: Kyle

Mosquito: Kenny

Also I get that Mosquito's voice sounds like Kyles but Kenny has changed voices twice so voices wont really prove anything this time. I guess we wont who is who for sure unless one of those three dies in the next episode

Edited on 10/28/2010 7:44pm

TheGreatRingsby

[30]Oct 28, 2010
    • level: 6

LiveLife93 wrote:

TheGreatRingsby wrote:

The reason people are thinking that Kyle may be 'The Mosquito' is because 'The Mosquito' was the one who constantly argued with Cartman. After re-watching the episode I have to say I am now beginning to lean towards Kyle being the 'Human Kite instead'. Like you said, he would NEVER let Cartman beat him up like that - he would definletely have fought back. Plus, 'Human Kite' had no problem with kicking Cartman out.

However, saying this, I'm still not certain at who Kyle is so I think I'll just wait and see! (As I'm guessing this is a 2 parter episode).

Well I know WHY think Kyle was the mosquito, and I thought so too, but then Kyle would never let Cartman attack him like that without retaliating, and I think Kenny is too close of a friend to Eric to attack him either.

LiveLife93

[31]Oct 29, 2010

TheGreatRingsby wrote:

LiveLife93 wrote:

TheGreatRingsby wrote:

Well I know WHY think Kyle was the mosquito, and I thought so too, but then Kyle would never let Cartman attack him like that without retaliating, and I think Kenny is too close of a friend to Eric to attack him either.

Ah okay then, like what I thought too. I've decided that 'Human Kite' is most likely Kyle, but I'm still debating between which one Kenny and Clyde are though!

RagingNaruto

[33]Oct 29, 2010

So Mysterion is either Kenny, Clyde or Kyle.

Mosquito is Clyde in my opinion. He was on about making money by having a bake sale, and he said hes Mam knows a recipe, so I think that rules Kenny out. + The Coon beat him up, and we all know Cartman wouldn't beat up Kyle.

So Mysterion is either Kenny or Kyle.

If Kyle was Mysterion it would make sense since Mysterion is The Coons rival in the first episode.

But Kenny being Mysterion makes sense too.

RagingNaruto

[34]Oct 29, 2010

TheGreatRingsby wrote:

Other than that, Hilarious episode. Tony Heyward and Captain Hindsight were hilarious. I loved Captain Hindsight, he just HAS to make more appearances.

Just made a post about Mosquito getting beat up, I completely agree with your opinion on who the 3 are.

bag2218

[35]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 12
    Mosquito's costume kinda reminded me of homeless person or somebody who is really poor soooooo...KENNY!!!

galeguy44

[36]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 3

mosquito was kyle who else would agree about kicking cartman out apart from kyle?

Kyle beat up Cartman in its a jersey thing

so i suppose Cartman beats up Kyle in the coon

also..there are 3 episodes left in season 14, and surely if you had a two parter they would be the last two episodes of season? for all we know it could be a 3 parter to like imaginationland, because in every other two parter they've had it says to be continued at the end, where as in imagination land it didn't neither with this episode? im pretty sure it will be a 3 parter!

naaros

[37]Oct 29, 2010
    RagingNaruto wrote:

If Kyle was Mysterion it would make sense since Mysterion is The Coons rival in the first episode.

Kyle cannot be Mysterion because last season when the character was first introduced, Mysterion came to Kyle in his bedroom to talk to him.

RagingNaruto

[38]Oct 29, 2010

naaros wrote:
    RagingNaruto wrote:

Kyle cannot be Mysterion because last season when the character was first introduced, Mysterion came to Kyle in his bedroom to talk to him.

Sh*t, so that means Kenny is definietely Mysterion.

LiveLife93

[39]Oct 30, 2010

RagingNaruto wrote:

Sh*t, so that means Kenny is definietely Mysterion.

I agree with what you're saying. I think Clyde is Mosquito, Kyle is Human Kite and Kenny is Mysterion. We'll just have to wait and see though!

Just had a thought though, have you seen the deleted scene to the Coon? They deleted a part that showed you that Kyle had pretended to be Mysterion.

Edited on 10/30/2010 5:55am

naaros

[40]Oct 30, 2010
    Oh, here's the Deleted Ending of the Coon episode from last season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nKMvq4hODo

On another note, I saw the promo/commercial for the next episode of South Park. Said something like the identity of Mysterion will finally be revealed.