South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: 14x12 "Mysterion Rises"

drewshack

[1]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 47

NEW YORK, November 1, 2010 The Coon comes face-to-face with Cthulhu in an all-new episode of South Park titled, Mysterion Rises, premiering on Wednesday, November 3 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on COMEDY CENTRAL.

Led by Mysterion, Coon and Friends are working together to help the people in the Gulf who are at the mercy of the dark lord, Cthulhu. The Coon, scorned by his fellow super heroes and now working alone, is out for revenge.

Preview Clip

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

startug

[2]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 23
    I'm mainly excited since we may find out Mysterion's identity, after I watched the promo for it.

mattbiale

[3]Nov 2, 2010
    • level: 7

Mysterion is Kenny

meeper22

[4]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 5

I WAS RIGHT! Kenny is Mysterion!

Phoenix6000

[5]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 3
    I had my money on Clyde being Mosquito, same with Kyle being the Human Kite. It's kind of surprising to see that Kenny is consciously aware of his 'superpower'. I think the last time the show poked fun at that was when Cartman mentioned it at the end of Cartmanland.

On an unrelated note, did anyone else think of Alfred Molina when they first saw the Cthulhu Cult Leader?

Deadnight-Majin

[6]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 18

Brilliant.

I'm really pleased this is a 3 parter. Despite it being the 3rd episode of 'The Coon' saga, it still hasn't gotten stale at all.

startug

[7]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 23
    This is just great. I really enjoy the Coon stories so far, I can't wait for the next part!

Mr_Ozzy

[8]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 35

Really glad this is a 3 parter also.

Awesome to find out Mysterion is Kenny, and also for them to talk about his 'superpower' which links back to the beginning of South Park is amazing
    I thought last episode was funnier, but with the revelations of who is who, this was just as good.

sollidottingen

[9]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 3

But who is the Coon? =(

littlewillie610

[10]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 7

sollidottingen wrote:

But who is the Coon? =(

Bruce Vilanch.

Edited on 11/04/2010 8:38am

LiveLife93

[11]Nov 4, 2010

I'm sorry for saying this, as a lot of people may say this too but: I WAS RIGHT! I knew Kenny was Mysterion!

I have to say I liked this episode, it was nice to have Kenny have a lot of screen time. I like how they linked Kenny dying all the time to Mysterion's powers as well.

Can't wait to see how the others stop The Coon and Cthulhu now!

Edited on 11/04/2010 9:25am
    Edited 2 total times.

TigerFan145

[12]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 6
    I thought this was a pretty good episode. I had a feeling Kenny was Mysterion, but I'm not taking credit for thinking he was.

Jamesbray

[13]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 13
    The "You and the Dark Lord Chtulu" was the best part.

ltcomstella

[14]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 18

the song was awfull i liked the comic strip scenes

i want to see the coon die for some reason i totally hate the character just doesn't sit right like the tom cruise and the killer whale being on the moon,

me thinks kenny aka mysterion will have to give up his super power to save everyone a bit like the south park movie a while back

well no more mysteries on who is who

not a bad ep tho !

TheGreatRingsby

[15]Nov 4, 2010

I WAS RIGHT AND YOU ALL WERE WRONG, EXCEPT THE ONES WHO AGREED WITH ME, WHO WERE ONLY RIGHT BECAUSE THEY AGREED WITH ME

But seriously. I got all three picks right, which makes me MOST right Kenny- Mysterion (obvious), Clyde- Mosquito, Kyle- Human Kite.

even though mosquito sounded a lot like Kyle, I knew Kyle would never let Cartman kick his ass like that. Though I thought it was strange they had Mint Berry Crunch in the line up when Clyde's mother called since he was obviously not Clyde. The Cthulu parts were half funny half not. The destruction part with Eric was the funny part. The tickling part went on too long and I felt it was from some reference I didn't get.

I guess we'll find out a lot more about Kenny next episode.... although, they really broke some major continuity. Stan, Kyle, and Eric DO notice that Kenny dies all the time and have mentioned it many times. But I guess Matt and Trey are retconning that.

Edit: I almost thought they were going to pull a fast one on us and make Token end up being Mysterion, with Kenny wearing a Helmet with a Token picture on it, and Token wearing white make up.

But perhaps that was a bit TOO off the wall.

Edited on 11/04/2010 5:53pm

ardeafaolan

[16]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 9

Haah! I loved the "My neighbor Totoro" reference with the Coon and Cthulhu.

Also, because I love Kenny, this episode was one of my favorites.

I must be having an alzheimer's moment though, because I can't place who mint berry crunch is?

Anyone?

gideonbernstein

[17]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 44
    The things that Cartman did in this trilogy were awful and deplorable, even for him.

Emmer64

[18]Nov 4, 2010

TheGreatRingsby wrote:
    I guess we'll find out a lot more about Kenny next episode.... although, they really broke some major continuity. Stan, Kyle, and Eric DO notice that Kenny dies all the time and have mentioned it many times. But I guess Matt and Trey are retconning that.

He actually says they have forgotten when he returns, I think that makes sense. In old eps they only comment on him dying at the time of death, then in the next episode they are fine with it.

I really thought Kenny was Mintberry Crunch, now we still have to find out who that is. I bet Mintberry will have some important role to play in part 3.

Edited on 11/04/2010 6:38pm

TheGreatRingsby

[19]Nov 4, 2010
    Emmer64 wrote:

TheGreatRingsby wrote:

He actually says they have forgotten when he returns, I think that makes sense. In old eps they only comment on him dying at the time of death, then in the next episode they are fine with it.

I really thought Kenny was Mintberry Crunch, now we still have to find out who that is. I bet Mintberry will have some important role to play in part 3.

No I mean there was a time when Kenny died in Cartman's theme park and he said "Kenny? He dies all the time!" or the time where Kenny died and Stan and Kyle did their OMG they killed Kenny bit in a half assed way after the Gnomes' cart fell on him. or when his parents said "this must be the 50th time that's happened" after giving birth to another Kenny. Which is another thing, in this episode they explain his reincarnation as Kenny's mother giving birth to another, and in the Cartman's mom is a dirty whore part 2 episode, Kenny just appears out of nowhere.

Yea I'm being nerdy, so what.

Raccoon1459

[20]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 22
    I loved it! The LeBron James parody was good, the bond between The Coon and his monster friend was cool and I finally got to learn the identity of Mysterion. I thought that Kenny was one of the other heroes, but I was wrong. I look forward to the conclusion, if there is one.