TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: 14x12 "Mysterion Rises"

Dark_Squall001

[21]Nov 4, 2010
    • level: 5

Raccoon1459 wrote:
    I loved it! The LeBron James parody was good, the bond between The Coon and his monster friend was cool and I finally got to learn the identity of Mysterion. I thought that Kenny was one of the other heroes, but I was wrong. I look forward to the conclusion, if there is one.

Sorry I'm not familiar with LeBron, so what parody are you speaking of? I always like to figure out what they're referencing on this show.

I really enjoyed the episode, The Cthulhu song was fantastic but I agree that the tickling scene went too long and was strange. Also, during the Chthulu cult meeting, who's the gray haired guy in the green shirt with pens sticking out from his pocket? I can't think of it off the top of my head but he's definitely familiar.

Very interesting to find out the identities of some of the super heroes. I never speculated on any of them so I can't say I was right on anything, but Kenny as Mysterion is a great link. I did feel like Mosquito was Clyde but I wasn't even thinking Kyle was involved during the first part, good to know he's always been along for the ride.

As for Mint Berry Crunch... I went back and looked through a few episodes to find Blonde kids. Butters is Blonde but he's Professor Chaos, and Kenny is also taken. I see only two other options from the classic South Park cast, those being Tweek and Pip, neither of which are viable options as MBC is neither British nor a Spaz. Therefore I'll go out on a limb and say it's the Mormon kid with a new dew.! we haven't seen him since "All About Mormons" (As far as I know) and he could be making another appearance. After all, MBC is way too cheery.. Only a Mormon could stay cheery in that outfit.

Edited on 11/04/2010 9:25pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Raccoon1459

[22]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 22

Dark_Squall001 wrote:

Raccoon1459 wrote:
    I loved it! The LeBron James parody was good, the bond between The Coon and his monster friend was cool and I finally got to learn the identity of Mysterion. I thought that Kenny was one of the other heroes, but I was wrong. I look forward to the conclusion, if there is one.

Sorry I'm not familiar with LeBron, so what parody are you speaking of? I always like to figure out what they're referencing on this show.

I really enjoyed the episode, The Cthulhu song was fantastic but I agree that the tickling scene went too long and was strange. Also, during the Chthulu cult meeting, who's the gray haired guy in the green shirt with pens sticking out from his pocket? I can't think of it off the top of my head but he's definitely familiar.

Very interesting to find out the identities of some of the super heroes. I never speculated on any of them so I can't say I was right on anything, but Kenny as Mysterion is a great link. I did feel like Mosquito was Clyde but I wasn't even thinking Kyle was involved during the first part, good to know he's always been along for the ride.

As for Mint Berry Crunch... I went back and looked through a few episodes to find Blonde kids. Butters is Blonde but he's Professor Chaos, and Kenny is also taken. I see only two other options from the classic South Park cast, those being Tweek and Pip, neither of which are viable options as MBC is neither British nor a Spaz. Therefore I'll go out on a limb and say it's the Mormon kid with a new dew.! we haven't seen him since "All About Mormons" (As far as I know) and he could be making another appearance. After all, MBC is way too cheery.. Only a Mormon could stay cheery in that outfit.

I was referring to the parody of this Nike commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdtejCR413c

Deadnight-Majin

[23]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 18

You see who Mintberry Crunch is in the previous episode. He's the kid with blonde hair. There's a scene when you see Coon and friends out of their costumes, and he is there. I don't know his name.

SigLubke

[24]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 3

Amazing episode. To anyone who didn't get the ticklingreferenceor the song they are both from The Never Ending Story (1984). The movie is currently available in HD instant streaming on Netflix for those who have it. Watch it if you've never seen it, it actually holds up very well.

This was one of the best episodes I have ever seen.

(BTW the song is from the opening credits of that movie if you just want to listen to it and not watch the movie.)

Tweekfan323

[25]Nov 5, 2010
    • level: 42
    I think everybody had a feeling it was Kenny.

galeguy44

[26]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 3

this episode was poor really poor and rushed, quite disappointed with Trey and Matt on this episode, let's hope part 3 can make up for it

Szcesny

[27]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 2

Really? I thought it was good. I guess to enjoy it you must get the references of the jokes (Totoro in that song? Classic. I love that song for some reason) I must stress I don't remember where the tickling scene was from, it does however seem very familiar to something...

I'm liking this 'movie' per-say. The first part was better than the second part. The latter felt too much like all the plots were just formed for the third part (which looks to be huge with all the plot lines revealed in this episode) however that's what most films do anyway (create tension for a epic finale, especially superhero flicks).

Also nice seeing Kenny getting major roles lately. I also think Mysterion creates tons of potential for him in the future.

bag2218

[28]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 12
    Lulz this episode was great. I had a feeling Mysterion was Kenny but I was about 90% he was Clyde. Once again, my instincts failed me. I loved the little goth kid, his little speech always cracks me up and Cartman trying to be....cute? was more disturbing then adorable.

Sovelin

[29]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 5

Mintberry Cruch, for those of you still wondering, is Bradley, a fairly minor and unknown character.

http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Bradley

Szcesny

[30]Nov 7, 2010
    • level: 2

Possibly a sign? Clyde, Butters and Craig started as background characters (although more notable than Bradley, he was in the background for many episodes before). Maybe Bradley will have more focus in future episodeslike those three have?

Edited on 11/07/2010 9:46pm

GuineaPirate

[31]Nov 8, 2010
    • level: 8

This was easily the best episode of the run so far, although that's not saying much. Better than Coon 2: Hindsight as well.