South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: 16x06 "I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining"

LiveLife93

[1]Apr 16, 2012
    • level: 5

"Spring break won't last forever and the kids want to make the last day count in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Butterballs" premiering Friday, April 13th at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

The boys are excited to spend a day ziplining in the Colorado Mountains. But high in the Rockys, far from their families, their trip takes a bad turn. Chances of survival are slim. All they can do is wait to be rescued. But will help come too late?"

http://www.southparkstudios.co.uk/news/episode-1606-press-release/

Discuss the episode here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LiveLife93

[2]Apr 16, 2012

Press Image #1: http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/downloads/images/season-16/1606/sp-1606-i-should-never-have-gone-ziplining-get-ready.jpg

Press Image #2: http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/downloads/images/season-16/1606/sp-1606-i-should-never-have-gone-ziplining-kyles-zips.jpg

Preview Clip: http://www.southparkstudios.co.uk/clips/sp_vid_412568/

LiveLife93

[3]Apr 22, 2012

Seems like I am talking to myself in this topic.

I thought this episode was mediocre to be honest.

Pros:

I liked the jokes about someone asking questions all the time [therefore holding others up] and the "long story short" were people never actually shorten the story.

I liked the return of the Kyle/Cartman rivally. What made it better was that it didn't take over; they only argued about who came up with the idea about three times for a short time.

Cartman and the Mountain Dew causing problems for both him and Kyle. I loved it when Kyle asked him if he farted and Cartman just replied with a simple, but unconvincing, "Noooooo".

Kenny dying returning. And the classic quote by Kyle was said!

Stan in San Diego happening agin.

The four boys being together in an adventure and all (but Kenny who is dead) ending up being treated in hospital because of it.

Cons:

Stan's manipulation into convincing the others to go ziplining so he can get an ipod nano and then not owning up to suggesting the idea until the last moment. This is the second time in two weeks he has been quite selfish... I suppose I will give him that he thought he would give the others a fun day out in the process; but that didn't work.

EDIT: Having watched the epsidoe twice I have decided that I do find the live action part funny. The whole joke is it is meant to be bad, which actually makes it very funny.

Credit where credit is due too, Matt and Trey seemed to put a lot of effort into this epsidoe. Wether you enjoyed this episode or not you have to appreciate that!

Also a question for the American audience here. Was this a parody of a show in America? And was the narrator the same one from that programme if that was the case?

Edited on 04/24/2012 1:53pm

bluecatcinema

[4]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 61
    So, Mr. Hanky finally returns... By far the most notable part of the episode.

Paladax

[5]Apr 26, 2012
    Agreed. This episode was mediocre. There were some laughs here and there, but it is no Imaginationland. Although I can hardly blame them. I mean they are catching up with Simpsons in terms of seasons... so hard to pinch ideas when Simpsons are having to redo things they themselves did.

Paladax

[6]Apr 26, 2012
    Although saying that, the Reverse cowgirl Episode this season did have me cracking up. So I still am holding out some hopes for this season. And saying all that, I wouldn't have them change anything for the world. I love SP, will always. So even if there are only a few real classics per season, I will still religiously watch the new episodes every week!

thundercat2000

[7]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 17

I would have liked it more if it had been animated all the way and not have the live action scene.

antdude

[8]May 6, 2012
    • level: 27
    I didn't like this one.