South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: 16x07 "Cartman finds love"

Paladax

[1]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 5

"A black girl starts at South Park Elementary and everyone wonders who she will be crushing on... except Eric, who already has someone in mind for her."

Watched it this morning on the way to work. Can't say I was overly impressed. Yes there were some laughs. The bit where Eric professes his love for Kyle for instance. And the Cupid Cartman was chucklesome as well. But this is not a classic episode. Feels more like filler to me.

Although I am hoping for the best for the rest of the season. Especially since it started on such a high.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bytor65

[2]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 6
    That is two mediocre episodes in a row. The zipline episode last week was the worse in some time and this wasn't much better.

Hope the bounce back to form soon.

ltcomstella

[3]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 18

they could of at least had kyle get his revenge on cartman....

but was ok and messed up..

bluecatcinema

[4]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 61
    It was okay in my book. Racism aside, this is the first time in a while that Cartman has done something purely selfless and kind, hooking up Token and Nichole like that.

LiveLife93

[5]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 5

bluecatcinema wrote:
    Racism aside, this is the first time in a while that Cartman has done something purely selfless and kind, hooking up Token and Nichole like that.

Whilst completely ruining Kyle's chances of ever getting a girl in the process.

In all seriousness, I liked this episode. Cartman singing "I swear" was hillarious in my opinion. I felt really bad for Kyle though; first time since Rebecca (way back in series 3) he has really shown a real interest in a girl and Cartman destroys his chances by telling every one they are a gay couple! I am happy with the Token/Nicole pairing though.

This episode is another example of how far Cartman is willing to go to get his own way - even if it means creating an elaborate story about himself and how he is dating the person he hates the most...

What I did dislike about this episode though is that Kyle didn't get any form of revenge. It was out of character for him not to at least beat Cartman up (he only got one punch when he first heard that Cartman had told every one they were a secret gay couple). I know Cartman was slightly out of character too, but he was being racist at the same time so that wasn't too outlandish...

I have noticed this series though is that Kyle has been more tollerant of Cartman lately and has constantly been the rational and moral one whilst trying to warn/lecture his friends through their actions (including Stan).

bag2218

[6]May 2, 2012
    • level: 12

I normally hate episodes where Cartman wins in the end but this one was just too funny XD Nice to see "Cupid-me" got his revenge though. And Cartman and kyle's little gay fling was hilarious

Edited on 05/02/2012 5:15pm

ember13dp

[7]Nov 16, 2012
    • level: 21
    I really enjoyed this episode! It definitely needed a sequel though. Through the whole second half of the season I kept waiting on Kyle to beat him up, or make fun of him, or confess love back (lol) or SOMETHING but nothing ever happened. I haven't even seen Nichole back.