South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Official Episode Discussion: "Let Go, Let Gov" 17x01

LiveLife93

[1]Sep 25, 2013
    • level: 5

South Park is back for a brand new 17th season airing 25th September (US) and the 2nd October (UK) on Comedy Central!

Episode Information:

"Cartman wants to hold the government accountable for secretly monitoring all of his personal information in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Let Go, Let Gov," premiering Wednesday, September 25 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on COMEDY CENTRAL.

When Cartman manages to get himself behind the doors of the NSA, he doesn't like what he finds in his personal file. He thinks it's time he told everyone the truth. Meanwhile, Butters finds someone new to listen to his prayers."

Preview Clip:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/uygssh/the-government-wont-respect-my-privacy

All credit goes to Southparkstudios.com for the information.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ayranci2

[2]Sep 26, 2013
    • level: 4

I was a little disappoined with this season premire but It's still a decent episode and It's not bad as people says but It could have been better. The main plotwas boring and there were barely funny moments in this episode but the subplot with Butters was good and there were some funny moments in the subplot. I rate this episode 7/10. I hope the rest of season 17 will be better.

Edited on 09/26/2013 5:27am
    Edited 2 total times.

LiveLife93

[3]Oct 3, 2013
    • level: 5

^ Yes, I understand what you mean. I did enjoy Kyle's rant as that's exactly how I feel when I'm on public transport and someone is talking on speaker phone (though my feelings go unvoiced!).

I felt at times there were bland moments, but overall it wasn't a terribly weak episode. It was just not a particularly strong season premier.

I also liked the idea of the new opening credits, but it could have been executed slightly better.