Banner by: ZugZug4
Some Tips on Posting in the South Park Forum
Spam: When deciding to create a new topic, stop for a second and look through a few pages of the forum. Are there any topics in the forum that fit your question/thought? If so, just post there, don't create a new topic. Incidentally, I recommend having the Thread View being at least 20 topics/page (it helps). Also, make sure that your post makes sense. If people can't understand what you're trying to say, it's not going to go over well. The moderators/editors, as per TV.com guidelines, have the right to modify or remove any post and lock, move or remove any thread.
Double Posting: This comes right after Spam for a reason. If you've posted something and realize later that you left a piece out, don't make a new post, just edit the old one. Now obviously this is only if someone hasn't responded already. But there's no reason to have 2 posts in a row when there's an edit button. Besides that, it's just plain annoying.
Another problem area is duplicate topics. If you want to talk about something, take a few minutes to search the forum before making that new post. (Note: Don't dredge up old threads just to say "lol"). Bear in mind, that there are instances when a double post is acceptable, i.e. to 'bump' a topic when wishing to add new(and useful) information.
Here are a few reminders of repeated topics, and the threads that can be used for them:
- All questions or ideas for the show(or even the guide!) should go into the South Park Questions/Ideas thread that is pinned to the top of the forum.
- Want to talk about something random you saw in an episode of SP, or find a cool web article? The Plane'arium is the perfect place to talk about it.
- Any talk regarding recent episodes should go into their Discussion thread, most of which stay pinned at the top throughout a season's run.
- Got a Favorite Main Character? We got a thread! Favorite Character Poll Sub-Character? Got that too: Who is Your Favorite Sub-Character?
- Feel like Debating Family Guy, South Park or Simpsons? Difference Between Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama, and South Park
- There's also a TON of Favorite episode discussions, so check for them before making a new one.
- Finally, if you want to talk about something non-South Park related with the people on the board, Stark's Pond: The Official Off-Topic Thread is the place to be.
Net-Speak: For the love of Science, speak English! It doesn't take a whole lot of effort to use proper capitalization, good spelling, and basic punctuation. We all screw up from time to time, no one's expecting you to use the spellchecker constantly, but please try not 2 tlk lyk dis.Don't forget to read the TV.com Community TOS and follow them. Again, I'm not going to brow-beat you if you mess up on this stuff, just don't make it a habit.
Questions? Concerns? Toss me a PM.
Edited 7 total times.