South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

Stark's Pond: The Official Off-Topic Thread

drewshack

[81]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 47
    s1bbald wrote:
    JBrick2334 wrote:
    I know what you mean, it wouldnt have been worth it to stay up all night just to be the first to see a paragraph and 12 second clip, lol, but then again if it would have been released on the weekend I would been up all night and day.
    I knew a paragraph and 12 second release was coming, but I'm not entirely happy of the contents of the releases. Why has this off-topic thread gone on-topic? BTW, Drew, can we pleeeease lock all games in the forum? I see them as a waste of space. But that's just me, I think Jbrick feels the same too.

I'm not really a fan of the games threads, but at the same time, they are fairly active.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JBrick2334

[82]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 12

Your right Alex, they are a little annoying, and repetitive, the "name a quote" and "guess the line" games are way too similar and one should be done away with. As for the other game threads, they have just gone on for so long that almost everything has been repeated(i.e. yea or nay) and the character elimination game is just pointless, it would take another 150 posts just to finish that game.

RoboAmish

[83]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 18
    see, this is why I never post in games threads.
    Don't interest me at all. Let em burn

s1bbald

[84]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 22
    RoboAmish wrote:
    see, this is why I never post in games threads.
    Don't interest me at all. Let em burn
    But they won't that's the point. Couldn't they go in the general games thread?

JBrick2334

[85]Mar 12, 2008
    yeah, a general games thread is a good idea, thats how the Family Guy forum gets rid of all their game threads

drewshack

[86]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 47
    Well, see. The way they get rid of them is, they get locked and pointed toward the site's Games n' Fun Forum.

That's really the only thing I have against locking them, I don't like the idea of sending people who might participate in other discussions, but use the games threads a lot to another area of the site. And really, it's only those two or 3 threads. If we had games threads popping up all the time, it'd be a different matter.

God_4_Hire

[87]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 5
    I'm a noob i guess lol, i've only been here for a few months but I felt like joining in on some posts from some seniors.
    JBrick2334 wrote:
    this is starting to feel like a regulars only thread, i'd like to see some noobs have a bit of input

s1bbald

[88]Mar 12, 2008
    drewshack wrote:
    Well, see. The way they get rid of them is, they get locked and pointed toward the site's Games n' Fun Forum.

That's really the only thing I have against locking them, I don't like the idea of sending people who might participate in other discussions, but use the games threads a lot to another area of the site. And really, it's only those two or 3 threads. If we had games threads popping up all the time, it'd be a different matter.
    That's my problem with the games threads, the people participating in them don't participate in the discussions and vice versa. And God_4_Hire, welcome.

RoboAmish

[89]Mar 12, 2008
    Let's discuss something off topic so...

JBrick2334

[90]Mar 12, 2008

Well lets see, we could talk about the election, but i dont know how much about it the people from other countries know about it, or we could bash paris hilton (but that could go on forever), i propose upcoming movies, The Dark Knight anybody?

Robo where you at?

Edited on 03/12/2008 3:10pm

RoboAmish

[91]Mar 12, 2008
    yes yes yes yes yes YES!!!
    I'm so damn pumped for that movie. Nolan looks set to deliver another epic. Everything I've seen just tells me I'm going to love this. Heath Ledger's Joker looks almost oscar worthy, with a dark, phscotic turn that looks set to blow people away. Aaron Eckhart is also an interesting choice for Harvey Dent and the little tidbits I've heard about what Nolan plans on doing with him (filming him as Dent and Two-Face at different times- think Gollum in LOTR) are simply mindblowing and could prove to be even more interesting than The Joker. Add in the return of Bale, Caine, Oldham and all and I seriously think it'll be my favourite movie of all time.

Oh god, July's a long way away. I need a new trailer

JBrick2334

[92]Mar 12, 2008
    There is not one thing you just said that I disagree with, it is, without a doubt, going to be the biggest movie of the year (Indy 4 close though) and should make for one he11 of a movie. The new batsuit looks amazing in my opinion and Jokers look perfectly fits his persona, I still wonder what they are going to say caused the change in suit, but honestly it doesnt matter because this one is a huge improvement over previous batsuits. NO NIPPLES!!!!! woooohooooo
    Edited on 03/12/2008 5:21pm

RoboAmish

[93]Mar 12, 2008
    I don't know why so many people complain about the new suit. It's a natural progression alluded to in the idea of escalation Gordon mentioned at the end of Begins (also reflected in the appearance of supervillans). Wayne has to evolve if he is to face this new threath. I love the alterations because it shows Batman is still very much a work in progress and still only at the start of his career constantly having to evolve to survive. And indeed no nipples, thank Christ, considering Schumacer's films crapped all one of the most iconic characters of our generation. Thank god Nolan stepped in and saved the franchise and its heartwarming to see people get excited about Batman again.

hmm... Indy 4 will be enjoyable, quite looking forward to it myself. It's actally going to be a pretty good year for movies. Other films worth looking out for are Iron Man and The incredible Hulk. TDK pwns all though. One major problem I have with the others is that the CG looks sketchy with all three. Although TDK will not be bereft of it (Two-Face is said to be a cretion of prostetics and CGI) but it will not be as prominent as the others.

JBrick2334

[94]Mar 12, 2008

I know what you mean about the CGI, I just got done seeing the new Hulk trailer and the one thing I'm looking forward to more than anything in this movie (btw there is a lot to look forward to) is that final scene in the trailer when they are about to clash, it should make for one of the coolest fight scenes ever made.

Iron Man, well this is 3rd on my list behind TDK and Indy 4, it just looks sweet, especially from what I've seen in the trailers, I can suspend my belief for 1 and a half to 2 hours, ignor the CGI and truly enjoy this movie. Besides at least not all of it is CGI I've seen video of them shooting for this movie and there is an Iron Man suit that Downey wears, it looks kind of plastic but I can get over that as well.

RoboAmish

[95]Mar 12, 2008
    Yeah they look like fairly enjoyable films. Saw the Hulk trailer and its roused my interest somewhat, at least its taking itself seriously (maybe too seriously- that was always Hulk's problem IMO)
    Iron Man looks enjoyable much as I want to hate it. Looks kinda cheesey but I think it'll be well worth a look and is pretty much the first blockbuster to hit this summer so looking forward to seeing it with all my friends
    Yeah, I do try to look past CGI but it can be sometimes hard (Indy 4 is gonna be heavy in this regard), but hey as long as the story and characters and plot I'm happy.

JBrick2334

[96]Mar 12, 2008

The thing I'm most happy about with Indy is the fact that it looks like its not going to change as far as "feel". I hate when movies try to go in a different direction from what made the originals good in the first place, more often than not it ruins the movie. But some movies deserve a different direction from their predecessors (TDK is a great example) and I have no doubt Spielberg is going to give Indy what he deserves, which is, of course, a great movie.

RoboAmish

[97]Mar 12, 2008
    Yes, the tone and feel is the same as it always was but as you say, Indy doesn't need changing as it was perfect for the kind of film it was
    Batman was in drastic need of a reboot after been turned into a campy exercise in homo-eroticism. Thank the lord for Christopher Nolan turning the franchise around

JBrick2334

[98]Mar 12, 2008
    I am praying they dont bring robin into either this one(which i'm 100% sure they wont) or the next one, this version of batman doesnt need a sidekick and I think robin is just unneccesary all together.

RoboAmish

[99]Mar 12, 2008
    Not gonna happen. Nolan shot down the idea pretty quickly. As he said, as it's so early in Batman's career, Robin is still in a crib somewhere

Batman has all the allies he needs, one of the things I was especially happy about from Begins was his relationships with key characters in his life i.e. Alfred, Fox and particularly Gordon (possibly the strongest point of Begins IMO- and I hope one that isn't lost in TDK). But still at the end of the day, it is his one man fight against crime and I love the way The Joker seems to contrast this with his own one man war against the city. The introduction of Robin wuld dillute this effect

s1bbald

[100]Mar 13, 2008
    Why was I surprised to see 11 new posts in this thread :lol