TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

The Plane'arium - General South Park Discussion

galeguy44

[281]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 3

Deadnight-Majin wrote:

Tweekfan323 wrote:
    I am WAY out of the loop. Is there any word on when and if Matt and Trey will get a new contract? They're signed through 15 seasons, which means that once the 14th season ends and the 15th begins, they'll be without a contract.
    No word of a new contract last time I looked. Admittedly, that was over a month ago. It looks like the 15th Season will be the last.

season 15 won't be the last, the rumor is..yes Trey and Matt will be quitting south park but they might sell the rights to new creators, so south park won't end the only problem is, the new owners could be really good or really bad, we don't won't south park to end out like the simpsons where they run out of ideas!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Szcesny

[282]Nov 6, 2010
    • level: 2

I seriously doubt they'll sell the rights of the show to someone else, unless he's part of the South Park background staff and played an influencial role over the years, other than that I doubt anyone would like this to happen. Maybe they are on a rolling-contract of some sort? (one-year that rolls by, gets extended by a further year if parties agree the deal). However, should South Park end, it probrably would be for the best. I'll miss having new episodes but if they lack any motivation or ideas to make new episodes with then why continue? Maybe they'll have more sense than the Simpsons staff and realise: 'Hey, it wasa good run but we're lacking ideas. We want to try something new after all these years but thanks for the amazing support during the course of this show. See you next time!' instead of making it a cash-cow like The Simpsons (for over 10 years now...)

Other then that, guess who is under this alias...I give you the hint that the username starts with the same letter!

KyahCA

[283]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 6
    I think that if they don't have any new ideas, then they should end the show before it gets worse. It's better for the show to have an amazing end after a good run of seasons rather than tons of more seasons that's just making it go downhill.

If they end the show, I hope they make a really great last episode, and maybe even a new movie down the line. Maybe.

stephdumas

[284]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 10

KyahCA wrote:
    I think that if they don't have any new ideas, then they should end the show before it gets worse. It's better for the show to have an amazing end after a good run of seasons rather than tons of more seasons that's just making it go downhill. If they end the show, I hope they make a really great last episode, and maybe even a new movie down the line. Maybe.

+1, even if I wish to see more episodes, I prefer then Matt and Trey end South Park with a bang. However even if the series end, we could see, a tv-movie reunion for some special occasions.

Great_Morgil

[285]Mar 3, 2011
    • level: 8

Anybody notice that recently Comedy Central has been airing the edited syndicated versions of the older episodes? If i wanted to watch those crappy edited versions, I'd stick to the local UHF channels. I paid good money for my satellite dish and I deserve to see the original versions on Comedy Central.

futuramarama

[286]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 37
    they air those at like 5, and generally there are more kids/teens awake at 5 and so programming is different, and not all swearing and everything else. at night when they are aired, they're still the way they usually are, or at least, they are for me.

i can't wait for s15, i hope they have some good stories planned

GerMan666

[287]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 18

Does anyone have a confirmed date when new episodes of South Park will air? Doesn't it usually come on around this time?

futuramarama

[288]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 37
    it's premiering late april, because trey and matt are busy working on/producing/airing their Book of Mormon thing (or musical, whatever it is).

ember13dp

[289]Nov 16, 2012
    • level: 21
    Well, they are renewed through season 20 I hear!